• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I text into BBC Tees (forgot to add my name again) but I commented on the roar of the riverside at the end. I got a little bit misty eyed. It's been a while since I've heard it from all corners of the ground. The fans were the twelfth man today, Wigan had the officials. ;)

I heard that and fully agreed with you. I texted in too saying it's not about enjoying it, it's about getting through it!

I hope nobody on here phoned in to BBC. Nearly Every caller today was an idiot... 'We need key players back from injury like reach' ' I think if we can get over 100 points that would be great'

Am i the only one who thought Kalas had a good game today?

Thought going forward he was brilliant apart form one moment in the first half where he mis-controlled it, what do you expect from a centre half filling in.

I thought the callers were poor today. I was going to ring in but I decided against it in the end.

I thought he had a great game BiB. He made some fantastic runs and was intelligent with his movement. I hope it boosted his confidence because I still believe it wasn't 100% his fault at Bournemouth, he was unprotected.

Yes Kalas had a good game today, as did our whole defence.

Yeah it wasn't his fault against Bournemouth as Nsue left him too exposed. No CB, even the worlds best, should be left that exposed.

I hope nobody on here phoned in to BBC. Nearly Every caller today was an idiot... 'We need key players back from injury like reach' ' I think if we can get over 100 points that would be great'

Did that second one really happen?

I mean...you'd think that people would do some simple maths first, wouldn't you?

If we managed to get over 100 points I'd wonder how we managed to change the rules mid season or break space and time.

Thought going forward he was brilliant apart form one moment in the first half where he mis-controlled it, what do you expect from a centre half filling in.

I thought Kalas was excellent. A real workmanlike performance for the team.

I thought Kalas was excellent. A real workmanlike performance for the team.

I thought he was a bit disjointed in his performance for most of the first half, improved and did well in the second.

A massive 3 points today, but the performance was not good at all. It seems that nerves got the better of us today. The win today was a result of good defending and awful finishing by Wigan. If we were up against a good side today we would have lost heavily as we couldn't keep the ball in the final 35 or 40 minutes. We will need to step up against Watford is were going to have a chance of winning. Our defence and Dimi bailed us out today.

Player ratings:

Dimi:7.5 -Collected crosses well and made one very important save.

Kalas: 8 -Defended very well and looked good going forward.

Woodgate: 8.5 -Never lost a header all game, and defended really well. A few rash clearances where he could have been better to look for a red shirt to pass to.

Gibson: 8 -Great performance too.

Friend: 8 -Done well also. Got forward to great effect in the second half.

Clayton: 7.5 -Didn't do anything flash but done the job that was asked of him well. He didn't get any possession in the second half which I'm not sure if it was our CM's fault or the defences fault for lashing everything clear with very little composure.

Leadbitter: 7 -Steady performance.

Adomah: 8.5 -Brilliant performance and their LB was second best all game. He should have got himself a goal today. His form has been great in recent weeks and has proved vital in so many of our tight games lately.

Vossen: 6.5 -Didn't get into the game again, mainly due to their CB's being thugs towards him, which the Stuart Attwell should have done more to stop. He still shown a few glimpses of quality at times when he got onto the ball. Worked hard for the team.

Reach: 7 -Very little creativity, but done the job that was asked of him well by keeping possession and provided great cover defensively for Friend.

Bamford: 7.5 -His goal was obviously key, but his performance today wasn't up to the high standards of recent weeks.

Tomlin: N/A

Kike: N/A

Reach better than Vossen and par with Grant ? I thought Reach was awful tbh.