• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Natural width, keep possession and solid defensively?. Karanka obviously likes what he provides the team.

LW is our weakest area of the team, but considering the job he's asked to do he does a decent job.

A massive 3 points today, but the performance was not good at all. It seems that nerves got the better of us today. The win today was a result of good defending and awful finishing by Wigan. If we were up against a good side today we would have lost heavily as we couldn't keep the ball in the final 35 or 40 minutes. We will need to step up against Watford is were going to have a chance of winning. Our defence and Dimi bailed us out today.

Player ratings:

Dimi:7.5 -Collected crosses well and made one very important save.

Kalas: 8 -Defended very well and looked good going forward.

Woodgate: 8.5 -Never lost a header all game, and defended really well. A few rash clearances where he could have been better to look for a red shirt to pass to.

Gibson: 8 -Great performance too.

Friend: 8 -Done well also. Got forward to great effect in the second half.

Clayton: 7.5 -Didn't do anything flash but done the job that was asked of him well. He didn't get any possession in the second half which I'm not sure if it was our CM's fault or the defences fault for lashing everything clear with very little composure.

Leadbitter: 7 -Steady performance.

Adomah: 8.5 -Brilliant performance and their LB was second best all game. He should have got himself a goal today. His form has been great in recent weeks and has proved vital in so many of our tight games lately.

Vossen: 6.5 -Didn't get into the game again, mainly due to their CB's being thugs towards him, which the Stuart Attwell should have done more to stop. He still shown a few glimpses of quality at times when he got onto the ball. Worked hard for the team.

Reach: 7 -Very little creativity, but done the job that was asked of him well by keeping possession and provided great cover defensively for Friend.

Bamford: 7.5 -His goal was obviously key, but his performance today wasn't up to the high standards of recent weeks.

Tomlin: N/A

Kike: N/A

Reach better than Vossen and par with Grant ? I thought Reach was awful tbh.

Those are very high ratings for a team that supposedly didn't play well. You're not enjoying this journey are you? :D

Well Adomah is the only player which wasn't a defender that I gave over 7.5 so not really. All the players worked hard and battled against a physical Wigan side which deserves credit. Plus I didn't want to sound too harsh on individuals after a crucial victory. If we drew or lost then I'd have been spitting feathers :P

Reach seems to have split us right down the middle.

I agree with Changing Times, he's a decent player, and i like him because he puts a shift in, but he is so cautious, and slows play down so much. Earlier in the season he'd have got to the touchline and whipped a ball in, or taken on his man. You won't always get a goal out of it, but might end up with a corner. It seems that Friend does that more than our left winger does.

I don't know if it's a confidence thing, but I feel as though he really isn't offering much as an attacking outlet recently.

The final result at the end of the day is all that matters but after watching both the Bournemouth and Watford games last night I must admit I do admire the speed and intensity shown by both teams especially in attack and we are very different in our approach. I can see Watford playing in a similar style as Bournemouth when we play them

I hope nobody on here phoned in to BBC. Nearly Every caller today was an idiot... 'We need key players back from injury like reach' ' I think if we can get over 100 points that would be great'

Did that second one really happen?

I mean...you'd think that people would do some simple maths first, wouldn't you?

If we managed to get over 100 points I'd wonder how we managed to change the rules mid season or break space and time.

The phone-in really should be renamed the doyle hour...

I hope nobody on here phoned in to BBC. Nearly Every caller today was an idiot... 'We need key players back from injury like reach' ' I think if we can get over 100 points that would be great'

I mean...you'd think that people would do some simple maths first, wouldn't you?

If we managed to get over 100 points I'd wonder how we managed to change the rules mid season or break space and time.

Except when I ring it, right? ;)

ive got to agree about reach there was a number of times yesterday when he had the ball and could of crossed it into a empty box and gave possession away but instead he cut back and kept the ball. What karanka sees in him I don't know.

I agree with Changing Times, he's a decent player, and i like him because he puts a shift in, but he is so cautious, and slows play down so much. Earlier in the season he'd have got to the touchline and whipped a ball in, or taken on his man. You won't always get a goal out of it, but might end up with a corner. It seems that Friend does that more than our left winger does.

I don't know if it's a confidence thing, but I feel as though he really isn't offering much as an attacking outlet recently.

Your take on Reach pretty much sums up my own opinion of him, I keep wanting more from him and believe we could see more of him but at times it seems as if there is an invisible line he will not go beyond and appears as if he is out of his comfort zone when on the rare occasions he does go beyond.

His biggest let down for me is that he does not get enough elevation on the ball when he crosses as we have all seen his initial cross fail to get beyond the nearest opposition player and basically from any area of the pitch he tries to cross,

However he does have a decent cross and pass when on the occasions it works out for him

Except when I ring it, right? ;)

Thought you were going to have your own show RR :)

Did anyone else see Red Rocket on the FLS, on the replay of when Kalas got fouled in the first half? Standing up in indignation :)

Your take on Reach pretty much sums up my own opinion of him, I keep wanting more from him and believe we could see more of him but at times it seems as if there is an invisible line he will not go beyond and appears as if he is out of his comfort zone when on the rare occasions he does go beyond.

His biggest let down for me is that he does not get enough elevation on the ball when he crosses as we have all seen his initial cross fail to get beyond the nearest opposition player and basically from any area of the pitch he tries to cross,

However he does have a decent cross and pass when on the occasions it works out for him

I agree with your points on an attacking sense. However my praise for him yesterday was for his defensive work he covered Friend well won the ball on a fair few occasions and won a number of free kicks in useful areas.

That said from an attacking point he doesnt seem to have the confidence in his ability that he had 6 months ago.