oneBoro Forum

Boro v Watford (A) 0-2

Had a go at the championship predictor and have us finishing third, Bournemouth and Norwich could win every game they have left imo, to finish top two I think we need to win this

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

This may not be popular, but I would drop leadbitter for this one due to his yellow card situation which I believe get wiped after this game? Any who, Whitehead or foreshore to come and play alongside Clayton for me.

Its after the Rotherham game when they get cleared

Bournemouth, norwich and watford to lose tomorrow! That would be heavenly :)

Might put a few quid on that. Would be absolutely mouthwatering if that happened

To avoid defeat tomorrow would basically be really good as it keeps at least one team behind us and requires two other teams to both win in order to go past us.

Had a go at the championship predictor and have us finishing third, Bournemouth and Norwich could win every game they have left imo, to finish top two I think we need to win this

Not a chance both of them will win all 6 of their remaining games. IF Norwich do then there's no chance we'll go up automatically as they'll have taken 3 points from us.

Its going to be a very tough game for sure and a draw will be a brilliant result imo... But lets go for the win..

I don't think we can afford to let them have possession as much as Bournemouth did because it will probably be a similar outcome, Watford are ruthless up front, I think there average in midfield and dodgy at the back.

If we sit off them we will get beat.

If we play at a high tempo, Pressure them and and control the game we will win.

Watford 2-3 Middlesbrough.

UTB.

Its going to be a very tough game for sure and a draw will be a brilliant result imo... But lets go for the win..

I don't think we can afford to let them have possession as much as Bournemouth did because it will probably be a similar outcome, Watford are ruthless up front, I think there average in midfield and dodgy at the back.

If we sit off them we will get beat.

If we play at a high tempo, Pressure them and and control the game we will win.

Watford 2-3 Middlesbrough.

UTB.

Agreed! We need to go there and play our own game, let them fear us instead of the other way around. When we give other teams too much respect we have been poor (Bournemouth, Ipswich)

I have a sneaky feeling we'll get a result; we never got out of second gear on Friday while Watford had to play at 110% just to get a point once they went a man down.

That being said, even a loss isn't the end of the world. I think we'll win our 3 remaining home games plus Fulham away, giving us 12 points plus anything we pick up at Carrow Road.

The table after Monday (if we lose) will likely be:

Bournemouth 77

Watford 76

Norwich 76

Boro. 75

That's hardly insurmountable.

There'll be a meltdown on Twitter and Facebook if that's how the table looks on Monday :P

Can you imagine the phone calls on the Boro hour? :(:s

I can't see us scoring three times at Watford. Don't get me wrong, I'd be delighted if we did as I'd like to think that would be enough to get a minimum of a point if not all three but I just don't see it. Even with Watford being a more attacking side than some we have faced they are also a very good side at this level and I'm not sure we have the capability to go and get a lot of goals away from home against a good side.

Personally, I think if we concede two or more then we'll lose unless our attacking play clicks of course. Ninety great mins from Bamford or Tomlin or Vossen might be enough on it's own but I think as a group we'll need to step it up for this one. I'm hoping that the pressure gets to Watford and perhaps some fatigue from Friday night and that we are able to stay relaxed enough to turn up and perform as well as we can. It can't be just about defending well, we've got to be able to cause them problems, getting a goal up on them would be huge and would hopefully show the best of us. Also I don't fancy us having to chase it against anyone quite honestly. We're not good at it.

Our best chances of scoring come from counter attacks. If we can keep solid at the back (woody to play again pleeease), absorb pressure and break like lightning down the wings (where Watford have been having a few problems defensively), I think it'll bear fruit.

2-1 boro. With a terrifying last 10 minutes!

I detect a level of pessimism on the forum of late. The euphoria apparent prior to the Bournemouth game has almost completely disappeared. Yes, we where totally outclassed by a very well set up side. We also made life difficult for ourselves on Friday. But we are a very good Championship side, and I suspect that AK has a plan for tomorrow and maybe a surprise or two. I have noticed that we appear to have been working on our set pieces. Some unusual and innovative movement around the box by our forwards. They didn't come off, but they may tomorrow.

I don't think it's pessimism, I think it's nervousness. This is it now, there's just a small handful of games left. You lose a game with 20/25 to play then you know you still have chances to make up for it. Once you get down to half a dozen then you know those chances are limited so you don't want to slip up. The fact that this next game is against a side right up there with us brings this even more sharply into focus.