oneBoro Forum

Boro v Watford (A) 0-2

However, to put this game into some context and to explain why people might be pessimistic, if indeed they are, consider the following:

In our away games against Bournemouth, Derby, Ipswich, Brentford and Wolves we've scored only two goals and obviously only won those two games, losing the other three and conceding 7 goals in the process.

In our away games against the entire top half of the table we've only scored THREE goals. Just three in the nine games so far. As a result we've only won two games away from home against anyone in the top half of the table and we've lost five of them.

If you think about it in those terms then perhaps people might not be so confident, I don't know. I think we can get a result tomorrow but we're going to have to play very, very well to do it.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Watford have 3 players doubtful for tomorrow and will be assessed before the game

Matej Vydra (muscle strain)

Fernando Forestieri (knee)

Almen Abdi (hamstring)

Marco Motta is suspended after his red card at Derby on Friday evening

The pressure seemed to effect our performance on Friday with so many bad decsisions being made all over the pitch, so being away a very good Watford side could suit us as we'll be the underdogs, and Watford will have the pressure on them. Our away form has been poor lately, and the lack of goals in parituclar away is a big concern as we know that if we're not solid defensively, then our chances of getting a result are very unlkikely. Their home record against the top few sides is poor so they have a vulnerability about them too.

This is the most nervous I've felt about a game for many years, probably since our relegation, as a win would put us into such a strong position for promotion with just 5 games to go.

I'm at work until 2. I like to think I have the will power to not look at the score and watch the game when I get home but with things being so tense? I don't think I can. This is going to be a really tough test for us. I hope Woody has spent the weekend in the ice bath to get him ready to play tomorrow.

My lad has just told me that he has seen an Adam Clayton tweet about instead of going to bed with sweet lullabies being played all he can hear is "whose that team they call the Boro" being sung at the bar by a few Boro fans at the hotel where the team are staying!!!

My lad has just told me that he has seen an Adam Clayton tweet about instead of going to bed with sweet lullabies being played all he can hear is "whose that team they call the Boro" being sung at the bar by a few Boro fans at the hotel where the team are staying!!!

Should really be: "We're the bed-time, we're the bed-time, we're the bed-time red army!"

I'm gonna go for a 1-0 shut out to us (To be fair if we were playing Barca away I'd still go for a Boro win, l always go for us). We can win, like Prowler said we beat City, we can beat these. It's gonna be hard with there forward line but if Woody's playing we can do it. I would give Tomlin a go this game instead of Vossen but same team as Wigan apart from that if all fit. 1-0 Boro: Bamford.

I'm at work until 2. I like to think I have the will power to not look at the score and watch the game when I get home but with things being so tense? I don't think I can. This is going to be a really tough test for us. I hope Woody has spent the weekend in the ice bath to get him ready to play tomorrow.

That's intolerable! just throw a sick note in :D

Nervous about this one. I'll be nervous every game left but this is possibly our biggest challenge left. We should be feeling confident, and the top spot is ours to keep or lose. I genuinely think that a draw is a very decent result and also the most likely. I'll go for a tense 0-0. I'll be up at 5 am to watch it (my time) so hope the Lads give us a solid committed performance to be proud of. Same side as Wigan ideally for me. Woody or Ayala has clearly been a must for us so hopefully we have that option.