oneBoro Forum

Boro v Watford (A) 0-2

Also add to mine that I really do not think Tomlin is good enough if we do go up.

I would sell him whatever happens this season.

Can you imagine the uproar from some sections? It'll be ridiculous! He was very poor today

Tomlin is a liability, If he doesn't have a flash of skill hes anonymous ... Wear as Vossen doesnt have a flash of skill and is just anonymous.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee Tomlin ‏@Leetomlin10  8m8 minutes ago

Was a bad performance today from us all and yes the fans do deserve a lot more but remember the season is not just today were 2pts off ?

People really do overreact at the tiniest things.

To be fair mate he only came out and said this because at least 10 people questioned why he hadn't opened his evening twitter campaign with a thank you message instead of whinging about a parody account.

Dont like criticizing Lee but on this occassion you rather dont tweet at all or you tweet about the right things that have most priority, you know the fans who pay good money to watch him play! :)

I made a light hearted joke about Jelle Vossen looking like lee Tomlin if he took another ball in the face. Even ended it with Tomlin is brilliant but not beautiful. And Tomlin blocked me. He gets a bit touchy about his Twitter

I made a light hearted joke about Jelle Vossen looking like lee Tomlin if he took another ball in the face. Even ended it with Tomlin is brilliant but not beautiful. And Tomlin blocked me. He gets a bit touchy about his Twitter

So you called him ugly and he blocked you?  Some people eh?  :rolleyes:

Lee Tomlin ‏@Leetomlin10  8m8 minutes ago

Was a bad performance today from us all and yes the fans do deserve a lot more but remember the season is not just today were 2pts off ?

People really do overreact at the tiniest things.

To be fair mate he only came out and said this because at least 10 people questioned why he hadn't opened his evening twitter campaign with a thank you message instead of whinging about a parody account.

Dont like criticizing Lee but on this occassion you rather dont tweet at all or you tweet about the right things that have most priority, you know the fans who pay good money to watch him play! :)

This is fantastic

Why can't these fugly types take a joke

I know, right!!!!!! And I thought with a face that looks like he's been 'Bobbing for chips' he'd make up with it with some sort of personality ;)

I know what you mean. I was talking to this proper ugly bird last night after a few drinks. I've got to be honest I was hammering her, it wasn't very nice of me and she wasn't happy at all. Anyway, after I while I got bored, kissed my wife goodnight and then went to sleep.

Annoyed and frustrated doesn't really seem to sum up today.  Aside from a handful of games, we've not played well for months now and it's going to cost us.  Yes, we were top going into today, but we weren't there because we've played particularly better than anyone else.  It's almost like it was simply our turn to be up there in this crazy merry-go-round season, where every team seems to be doing their utmost to screw it up for themselves.  Then we were outclassed by Watford and now it's Bournemouth's turn to sit there for a while.

My worry is that if we do go to the play-offs, I don't think we're good enough under that kind of pressure.  Plus we don't have much of a record against the teams we'd likely face once we got there.  Derby are the only team we've got maximum points from, but we've got first hand experience of what McLaren can do in one-off games like that.

Another season in the Championship doesn't fill me with confidence either, as the teams likely to come down are Leicester and Burnley, who haven't broken the bank with new signings so will keep most of their squad together, and QPR who will throw money at the situation to bounce back up again.  Combine that with strengthened teams already in the Championship, and us having to replace our only real goalscorer (can't see him coming back for another loan, he'll be off to a Prem team to further his development next).

So for me, it really needs to be this season and automatic promotion.  This is going to be our best opportunity to do it for a long time, and we're just not looking up to the job.  As a daft stat, a comparison of goals scored and conceded over the 1st and last 10 games:

1st 10:

Scored: 14

Conceded: 8

Last 10:

Scored: 11

Conceded: 11

That's the kind of fine margins we're dealing with, where only a few goals here and there have cost us so much.  If only Adomah's overhead kick had been allowed, if only we'd stuck a goal past Blackpool, etc.  We've got too many 'If only...'s

One last point, I feel like Karanka is attempting a 'Mourinho's Chelsea Mk I' side, who were very similar in their defend-first, score-second mentality, often boring to watch but grabbing a 1-0 when it mattered.  We just don't have the quality, even at this level, to do that. 

As always though, we move on to the next game, and I really, really hope the lads can shift into a different gear and produce something.  Rotherham can be the perfect game to do that, as long as Karanka just sends them out there to attack, score and build confidence in their ability to do that.

Wow, that was longer than I expected it to be... :(

After the game yesterday I was fed up all day because I think we have blew finishing in the top 2, Our run in is tougher than those teams above us and they are in better form than us.

Today is the start of a new mind set.... To avoid being as disappointed as yesterday through these last 5 games I have wrote us off finishing in the top 2, I'm just wanting us to go in to the playoffs in some decent form and be a bit more positive in our team selection through the last 5 games.

We are still capable of getting promoted one way or another but we need to improve fast.

UTB.

We can still get into the top 2. It's tougher now. But it's still pretty much in our own hands. Our main automatic rivals have 15 games between them. They won't be taking 45 points.

We weren't good enough yesterday simple as that. It's not a shame to lose at watford, but the way we just bent over was a bit pathetic. However, we move on, lick our wounds, dust our selves off and work hard to get back into the top-2. Anything can still happen.

I don't think we bent over. It wasn't a lack of effort which was pathetic. It was the quality and system in attack. Against a very offensive Watford team, they were always likely to score a goal or two. We didn't line up in the right way to likely sneak a goal. 4-2-3-1 is fine away from home, but I'd revert back to Bamford on the wing with another striker up top. At least in the next two home games he'll have the support he needs in a probable 4-4-2.