oneBoro Forum

Boro v Watford (A) 0-2

When is the Rotherham thread going up?.

If Clayton gets a yellow in the game then against Wolves we will be without both of him and Leadbitter, so we will have to start with Forshaw and Whitehead... He gets so may daft yellow cards that I doubt he will be able to control his urge to dive into daft tackles.

It's time for Forshaw to step up as he hasn't done much since we signed him. We need some sort of spark to re-ignite our performances as we haven't been at our best for a while now. Hopefully he can be that.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought both the débutantes played well. Fernando reminds me of Ayala a bit just a tad more mobile. I thought Tiendalli and Adomah linked up along the right really well, and George was excellent on the left on his own. Reach did his job of being a ball boy really well, he really does need a break for a week or two his confidence is shot! Tomlin is a good player when things are going well. But at the moment he drops too deep, offers no link up play with Bamford at all and over complicates passes and flicks. Vossen needs to play ahead of Tomlin in my opinion.

Edit: Call me crazy but I'd give Ledesma a shot on the left wing. He has been playing well for the U-21's.

I know Reach is in bad form at the minute but has he become a bit of a scapegoat for the rest of the team not performing. Clayton,Tomlin, and Leadbitter are just 3 players who have not been playing well, and have not for some time. Dimi is another who has made a few errors lately aswell.

I've heard a few people say that Reach has been terrible lately, yet I think he is playing at the same standard and doing a very similar job as he was at the start of the season. I know people are frustrated with our away form, but overlooking so many other reasons for that, and pinning a large part of the blame on Reach is silly. Our defenders mistakes, and our central midfielder failing to have a foothold in games is far more significant. I'm not saying Reach has done well by any means, just that he's being used as a scapegoat as he's doing no worse than the start of the season.

You're absolutely right that Reach is doing pretty much what he was doing at the start of the season although I really do believe what happening in the Wigan game bordered on the farcical at times. However Reach did seem to change his approach or was asked to change and I felt he'd stepped up and became more attack minded. As I said the other day, in my opinion Karanka has to be telling him to play this way because I don't believe he'd have kept his place after Wigan if Karanka wasn't happy with him and the fact that Reach was doing the same thing again and again in that game suggests to me that he was following whatever the game plan was.

Yes, yesterday was hugely disappointed and im sure im not the only one peed off at leadbitter for that act of stupidity, but i feel we can still get the last 15 points up for grabs. Unfortunately its no longer up to us, its not in our hands, and we cant write our own destiny. Saying this, bournemouth and watford and norwich, are probably still gonna screw it up at least once. That is now what we rely on

Some of the criticism on twitter is utterly pathetic, especially someone who has put his face onto a donkey. It's bordering on how Leeds United's animals of fans act. Yes fans can criticise players, but some things like that aren't acceptable.

Some of the criticism on twitter is utterly pathetic, especially someone who has put his face onto a donkey. It's bordering on how Leeds United's animals of fans act. Yes fans can criticise players, but some things like that aren't acceptable.

Agree. There's another one doing the rounds of some drunk kicking a ball which isn't even remotely funny.

Surely we need to have teams worrying about us going forward from here ? Let's get 2 up front kike bamford giving us a focal point as bamford is not physical or a hold up player and get bodies supporting them. We just seem completely bereft of ideas. At this stage it's looking really worrying about staying in the play-offs. Now imagine that scenario ?

When is the Rotherham thread going up?.

If Clayton gets a yellow in the game then against Wolves we will be without both of him and Leadbitter, so we will have to start with Forshaw and Whitehead... He gets so may daft yellow cards that I doubt he will be able to control his urge to dive into daft tackles.

It's time for Forshaw to step up as he hasn't done much since we signed him. We need some sort of spark to re-ignite our performances as we haven't been at our best for a while now. Hopefully he can be that.

Weasel has confirmed that the Rotherham thread will be up today

Indeed though I do like the latest AV article in the EG about drawing a line under this game and moving on a getting behind the team for the remaining 5 games.

Slightly off track but am a little bit surprised that Boro did not do a ticket deal for the Rotherham/Wolves match as I would imagine those who would like to be there but are controlled by financial circumstances would probably look to the Wolves match as being the preferred game to go too

That's true, and I think that if we'd have known how Watford would pan out, they would have done so. But if we'd have won and were currently in pole position, we'd have gotten decent crowds for both even at full price.

I still think we'll get 20k+ for both, but maybe not as many as would have turned up to see us if we were still top.

Its time to focus on Rotherham and the rest of the season...

AK needs to seriously pick and stick to he's best team now.. Frederick's if fit at RB, If he's not fit then Kalas there until loan ends... Nsue the back up.

No more idiotic decision's like dropping Gibson because of fear from the opposition, Hopefully Ayala is fit to play now.. Reach and Tomlin out.. Vossen in with either Kike or Wildschut...

Let's get a settled squad and get promoted...

UTB.