• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the most experienced backline we've put out this season, harsh on Gibson but a very logical selection. Same with tomlin instead of vossen, it'll be a tight game and will require a bit of magic to win, and only tomlin is really capable of that. Good selection.

Good to see Woody starting again. I would have personally started Tiendalli as well, he looked very sharp in the warm up on Friday. Don't know much about Fernando but IKWT!

The team are wearing red. Not strange in itself, but when you think that we've worn the away kit at Reading, Brighton and Oldham this season, you'd have penned this to be one where the blue kit would have been more likely....

Thats the most experienced backline we've put out this season, harsh on Gibson but a very logical selection. Same with tomlin instead of vossen, it'll be a tight game and will require a bit of magic to win, and only tomlin is really capable of that. Good selection.

Why is it logical to drop/rest Gibson when he has been part of the best defence this season, especially for someone who hasn't played for us before, and someone who has only played half a dozen games this season, whose disciplinary record is woeful?

It would have been exactly the same team as Friday for me, especially the back-four.

I'm not even remotely happy with that defence, but I'll still keep my fingers crossed.

Why is it logical to drop/rest Gibson when he has been part of the best defence this season, especially for someone who hasn't played for us before, and someone who has only played half a dozen games this season, whose disciplinary record is woeful?

It would have been exactly the same team as Friday for me, especially the back-four.

I'm not even remotely happy with that defence, but I'll still keep my fingers crossed.

It doesn't make sense at all.

Its logical because he has an absolute tonne of experience at the top level and in big games, neither of which gibbo has. And this is definitely a big game.

Its logical because he has an absolute tonne of experience at the top level and in big games, neither of which gibbo has. And this is definitely a big game.

How do you gain experience without playing in big games? Gibson has been brilliant all season and deserves to play imo.

Gibson gets bullied by physical strikers. Not his fault so much as a result of still growing into a stronger player. Deeney will be all over the back two, Amorebieta is taller and more physical than Ben.

Gibson has been really good, but hes also had a few shakey games in the last couple of months, costing us a couple of goals. Can't really afford that today. End of the day, karanka knows exactly what threaat watfords strikers pose and hes picked the two he feels are most capable of dealing with it. We should be confident in him by now.