• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the most experienced backline we've put out this season, harsh on Gibson but a very logical selection. Same with tomlin instead of vossen, it'll be a tight game and will require a bit of magic to win, and only tomlin is really capable of that. Good selection.

Why is it logical to drop/rest Gibson when he has been part of the best defence this season, especially for someone who hasn't played for us before, and someone who has only played half a dozen games this season, whose disciplinary record is woeful?

It would have been exactly the same team as Friday for me, especially the back-four.

I'm not even remotely happy with that defence, but I'll still keep my fingers crossed.

Its logical because he has an absolute tonne of experience at the top level and in big games, neither of which gibbo has. And this is definitely a big game.

And again, I'll point to the fact that Gibson has been our most consistent defender this season, he's played in the centre more than any other centre-back and has more clean sheets than the other centre-backs.

It does not make any sense at all, experience is just another word for played plenty of games, but look at what Amorbieta has achieved at Fulham... Nothing

Tiendalli cannot get a game at his actual club, but Kalas plays well for us at right-back.

It's a ridiculous decision to play two completely new defenders in such a big game, especially when we don't score too often as rely heavily on keeping the opposition out.

I'm disagreeing with you, but if we happen to win and keep a clean sheet I will maintain that AK is a genius, but it is a very risky decision as far as I'm concerned

Evening Gents,

On board from Sydney and looking forward to this one, I have a good feeling about our chances here, we need to ensure we stay tight, believe in the man next to you and take the chances when they are provided.

If we don't concede in the first 30 mins, that should set the platform, a goal in that same time, a bonus!

COME ON BORO!! COME ON BORO!!! COME ON BORO!!!

Wow this was a risky decision going for this team! AK won't care what we think about his team selection, he will have his reasons and I am fully behind him... but my words it seems brave giving 2 players their Boro debuts in our biggest game of the season so far!!!

Before we start, would you take a draw??

Loads of experience at the back. Who knows why karanka has chosen them but hes watched watford and hes seen the guys in training so i wouldnt second guess him

Wow this was a risky decision going for this team! AK won't care what we think about his team selection, he will have his reasons and I am fully behind him... but my words it seems brave giving 2 players their Boro debuts in our biggest game of the season so far!!!

Before we start, would you take a draw??

I would snap your hands off for a draw pal. Anything other than a loss today is a good result! CMON UTB!!!!!

To say I was nervous would be understatement of the year I think , we had a great chance to pull away at Bournemouth which we blew ! But we beat Wigan and with other results going our way we have been given a second opportunity to pull away from others ! This game really is make or break we win I seriously do think we have done it especially as our home form is solid and it gives us slight leeway on the Norwich game . Lose and we could fall as far as 4th and with the favourable run ins the teams around us have it could be difficult to catch them .