oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Rotherham 2-0

I would rather have Ledesma behind the striker than Tomlin, IMO he offers at least as much as Tomlin and doesn't go missing for 90% of the game.. Unless Tomlin does a bit of skill he's anonymous in the game.. You might think he's worth a place in the team in the hope that he might produce something special but the player who should always play is Vossen, He might not always turn up on the score sheet but he is always grafting, Putting himself about and is a much better fit for Bamford because he always tries to get up and support him and creates space for him..

IMO I would play and would of always played Vossen when fit bar the odd game were he might need a rest... I would also have Ledesma on the bench not Tomlin.

I would drop Reach out of the match day squad and have Wildschut on the bench.

Its only my opinion but that's what I would do.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Yanic only played a half for the U21s the other night and Ledesma was subbed after 90, read anything into that??

Given AKs propensity to have all his matchday squad train together all week i cant see either being involved

Ledesma was diabolical at home to Blackpool earlier in the season. This is the perfect game for Reach to recapture his form.

We won't lose the game if Reach under performs (in an attacking sense) so throw him in. He does a good job covering for Friend.

In his pre-match interview, Clayton has mentioned Grant giving him a dig in our interview :-)

Is there a link to that at all Tom?

Good to know that at least one Boro player has watched it :)

Well who would have thought a short while ago that of all the "must win" games we have had so far that the Rotherham game would be at the summit of all "must win" games.

And it is "cor blimey guvnor"

Shudder to think what will happen on the cyber highways should we end up drawing or dare I say losing this game, odds on Richie Smallwood scoring anyone?

Enormous game totally enormous towards all things bright and boroful.

Pressure?................what pressure only THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON...........so far!!!

I agree with the punters advocating a rest for Reach and Tomlin.

I'm a big fan of Reach's but i have to admit his performances have dropped off, in my opinion, more than others over the past 6 weeks. It's surely his dogged sticking to the system that gets him picked each week atm. Albert on the other side covers his workload AND gets forward, so that's what we all want Reach to do. Ledsema and Wildshcutnt blatantly don't have the same awareness of defending, hence the lack of first team play. Tomlin has gone down hill fast since the player of the month award, he seems like a different player almost. I think somehow our whole team confidence got eroded (maybe after the ***nal game) and it's been very difficult for them all to find it again.

It is time to throw off the shackles, AK is very defensive minded, but Leadbitter and Clayton are effectively two holding midfielders atm and to be effective going forwards we need one of them (it was both of them) to set the play up and support it.

If Ayala is back for the rest of the season I think our confidence will come back with our ability to score from corners, I'd like to see a much more attacking set up and I'm predicting 4-0 to the boro. Not for any other reason than I think WE all deserve it : )

UTB

In his pre-match interview, Clayton has mentioned Grant giving him a dig in our interview :-)

Is there a link to that at all Tom?

Good to know that at least one Boro player has watched it :)

As far as I can see, it's only on Boro+, so only viewable to those with a subscription.

But to transcribe what he says, he's asked about his midfield partnership with Leadbitter:

"He's a good lad, we've got a decent little friendship as well. I heard that he was come for me in an interview the other week. Can't remember what he said, but it was funny"

He's chuckling a bit as he says this as well. Hopefully a few of the first teamers will have watched it! 

I reckon we could see Yanic and/or Ledesma feature in this game. I think we need match winners playing in every game from now until the end of the season. Ledesma and Wildschut are match winners. They have the ability to single handedly win games which Reach does not possess.

I think Ledesma should be given another opportunity. He has been judged very harshly for one or two bad games. Does that sound familiar, Adam Reach?

I reckon we could see Yanic and/or Ledesma feature in this game. I think we need match winners playing in every game from now until the end of the season. Ledesma and Wildschut are match winners. They have the ability to single handedly win games which Reach does not possess.

I think Ledesma should be given another opportunity. He has been judged very harshly for one or two bad games. Does that sound familiar, Adam Reach?

The only conclusion I can come as to why AK wont play Ledesma or Wildschut is they are players who take risks in terms of trying to create opportunity's to score goals but in doing so they will give possession away more than a player like Reach.. Imo if you are playing in the position of either of those players do you have a duty to help out defensively but your main job is to create chances, Support the striker and score goals, That means taking chances... You cant always expect the striker to score the goals, The 3 behind him all need to contribute imo, We already have 7 defensive players including the keeper on the pitch so there is no need for the wide players to think defensively first.

One question for folk who've seen games with Ledesma or Wldschut on the left - how well does George get forward in those games? Seems to me the instructions Reach plays under lets George overlap and provide the attacking threat while concentrating on holding position and retaining possession himself, so just curious on the effect on George's game when alternatives play there.