oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Rotherham 2-0

I think he's set up four winners - Bamford away at Derby, Kike at Blackpool, Kike at Bolton and Adomah against Bolton at home.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

After today and the  Watfordgame , the general idea a*** Genk-supporters is now that the days for Jelle Vossen at Boro are over...

Well he has over the last few months but before that he was mostly ineffective in that sense. I don't think he does enough personally although he has done more since the turn of the year than he did beforehand and the further forward we can get him with the ball the more effective he is.

Our biggest problem this season has been not being able to play to our strikers strengths. Our build up play just hasn't been good enough on the whole as we've generally been far too direct, so I have a bit of sympathy for the likes of Vossen. Regardless of the we're in next season, we need to sort out our build up play.

Want the most fluid of performances, started with urgency then seemed to go into panic mode even though we wern't really tested by them. We needed to win, we won ... I'll take the same again from the next 4 games too

Oh, just a point I wanted to make, Nsue seemed to play in the Tomlin role when he came on, thought he looked very lively. I feel as though with him covering RB and being away for the AFCON, we haven't really seen the best of him as an attacking force yet. Hope he has chance to make up for this in the next few games.

So im away and have no way of seeing highlights or reading the thread so if some one could quickly sum it up for me that would be great.

Cheers fellas

Slow, quite patient (overly slow) in the first half, completely dominant but not a lot of cutting edge.

Goal very early second half settled things down, could really have had 4. Smart finish by Tomlin, and very good assist for Bamford to get a second. Forshaw and Ayala both stood out, Tomlin as usual faded in and out but popped up when it mattered. Kike worked his socks off and would have been nice to see him take the penalty. We won't be talking about the game for years, but 3 points, 2 goals, clean sheet, confidence built for Tuesday.

Job done.

After today and the  Watfordgame , the general idea a*** Genk-supporters is now that the days for Jelle Vossen at Boro are over...

It would seem that way judging on recent games I have to admit but perhaps AK is saving him for the last crucial games :-/

So im away and have no way of seeing highlights or reading the thread so if some one could quickly sum it up for me that would be great.

Cheers fellas

Slow, quite patient (overly slow) in the first half, completely dominant but not a lot of cutting edge.

Goal very early second half settled things down, could really have had 4. Smart finish by Tomlin, and very good assist for Bamford to get a second. Forshaw and Ayala both stood out, Tomlin as usual faded in and out but popped up when it mattered. Kike worked his socks off and would have been nice to see him take the penalty. We won't be talking about the game for years, but 3 points, 2 goals, clean sheet, confidence built for Tuesday.

Job done.

Cheers mate much appreciated. I'd +1 if i could.