Boro vs Rotherham 2-0

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Ledesma was diabolical at home to Blackpool earlier in the season. This is the perfect game for Reach to recapture his form.

We won't lose the game if Reach under performs (in an attacking sense) so throw him in. He does a good job covering for Friend.

For me we need to be more direct in our final few games, it's not necessarily him under performing, but not being suited to the style people are saying we should play.

We don't need radical change. The way we play has got us this far. We need our players to turn around their poor form.

for me the way we play has changed recently, we tend to be more negative and too slow to get the ball forward, when we have moved the ball quicker recently we've scored goals, but we haven't done it often enough to come out on top of games.

'Ridiculous that Reach, a local lad who has played a big part in a promotion bid this season is now being seen as a scapegoat for poor performances.'

Not really local is he?

Has Ledesma ever played on the left for us?

Always recall him on the right, he seemed pretty willing to get back and support the defence too.

After Carayol got injured last season, Ledesma had a bit of a run at LW.

Our home form is fine. It would be change for change sake. Away is a different story. I would keep Ayala and Fredericks for Tuesday. Having a totally offensive left winger would mean friend needing to be more defensive. You could argue will Rotherham trouble us as they are poor away but nevertheless it would be a change to the system that has done well for us at home. I would have Forshaw for Leadbitter to start as he is potentially a bit more dynamic than Whitehead.

Dimi

Tiendelli

Amorebietta

Gibson

Friend

Clayton

Forshaw

Reach

Vossen

Adomah

Bamford

2lse4vs.png

Our Game:

I'm sure we were all disappointed with the Watford result and performance so anything short of a convincing victory here is a failure and unacceptable to most of us (I'd hope all) Rotherham are scrapping for their lives at the bottom and need a few wins to secure another season in the championship. If we weren't to get a win in this game I'd say our automatic hopes would go up in flames (see what I did there?) Rotherham are coming off the back of their first victory in four games so will have some confidence back but surely we can't lose this one?

Rotherham's form: L-L-L-L-W

Boro's form: W-W-L-W-L.

Our Rivals:

Brighton vs Bournemouth

Derby vs Brentford

Birmingham vs Wolves

Millwall vs Watford

Bolton vs Norwich

Looking at those games you'd assume that Watford and Norwich are going to grab three points, however this is the championship and I wouldn't even be surprised if Millwall won 3-0. The other games could be tricky, Brentford are no pushovers and although them and Derby don't pose much threat to the automatics, you never know. I can see Brighton grabbing something vs Bournemouth and hopefully Muzzy will get the winner. 

Questions for the fans:

1. Would you drop Adam Reach and who for?

2. Does Ledesma deserve a chance in the first team/a spot on the bench?

3. Do we need to change the way we're playing, or stick with what has got us this far?

4. What do you think Adam Reach's favourite animal is? (I think we've established it ISN'T a donkey)

and finally

5. Score predictions and your lineup?

JS30590797.jpg

I've updated the original post with a child friendly cartoon we can all enjoy after my last incident and some other gibberish.

1. Would you drop Adam Reach and who for?

Lee Dong Gook

2. Does Ledesma deserve a chance in the first team/a spot on the bench?

Yes

3. Do we need to change the way we're playing, or stick with what has got us this far?

Dont leave Bamford isolated, Play a 442 and allow the full backs to bomb forward.

4. What do you think Adam Reach's favourite animal is? (I think we've established it ISN'T a donkey)

Sloth

5. Score predictions and your lineup?

Dimi, Friend, Woody, Ayala, Freddy, Ledesma, Clays, FoSho, Adomah, Vossen, Bam

3-3

I hope Forshaw can be a much needed spark and help us control the game better as for whatever reason, our midfield has been struggling to control games lately, especially compared to earlier in the season where Clayton and Leadbitter generally won most midfield battles. In these next to home games I hope he can give Karanka a dilemma to keep him in the side when Leadbitter returns from his 2 match suspension.

People are wanting us to make drastic changes, in order to do anything to get Reach out of the team as he's now the scapegoat by people looking to look past the problems in several areas of the side in recent weeks, such as GK, RB, CB, CM and #10 role. Our other options at LW other than Reach, without disrupting Adomah and Bamford's good form in their natural positions, is Wildschut who has looked that he has very little technical ability and a liability defensively. Ledesma could play RW but that would mean switching Adomah to LW, so it shouldn't even be considered.

Due to the lack of better options at LW I'd start with Reach. We've got to remember that we're playing Rotherham, no offence intended to them, but we should be able to beat them if we play to a decent standard, so we shouldn't have to make massive changes to the formation or team selection.

I'd be curious to see how Kike would do in strike, with Bamford behind him in #10 role, or even with role reversed with Kike playing a Berbatov role, but not in this game as the chances of it doing more damage than good are too risky in a game where we should win without having to take big risks to win.

I'd start with 4-2-3-1:

Dimi; Tiendalli, Kalas, Gibson, Friend; Clayton, Forshaw; Adomah, Tomlin, Reach; Bamford.

^

Don't you think it would be wise to rest Clayton for this match PM? He's on 9 bookings and save him for Wolves. I don't think he can give 100% in this game with it hanging over him. Whitehead can though.

'Ridiculous that Reach, a local lad who has played a big part in a promotion bid this season is now being seen as a scapegoat for poor performances.'

Not really local is he?

Chester-le-Street is Mackem territory but it's within 30 miles so I suppose it is local as in it's the same region.

Yeah Clayton isn't the sort of player that could go 90 minutes without doing something silly, especially with Smallwood returning with a point to prove but we've got to keep some stability in midfield, so to bring two new midfielders that haven't played much football lately into CM would be very risky. Hopefully we get a comfortable lead at half time and have any easy decision to substitute him.