oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Wolves 2-1

danceswithwolves2.png

(I've created some sort of monstrosity film mash-up here)

In a Land not so far far away

The Riverside

19:45 PM

14th April 2015

[align=left]Preview:

Well we managed to beat the mighty Rotherham, some would argue it was a comfortable victory and some would say we should of done better, the important thing was the three points. That brings us to this game, Wolves at home on a cold Tuesday night. Both teams are absolutely desperate for the three points, Boro fighting to keep their automatic hopes alive and Wolves fighting for a spot in the playoffs. Boro are looking better and Wolves have been in hot form, who knows how this one will end?[/align]

The Opponents:

Before their loss to Birmingham Wolves were the red hot team in form going into the final run in of the championship. There season looked over until a streak of victories and excellent performances from the team pushed them back up the table. They have a fearsome front three, they're magic you know? ***o, Afobe, Sakoooooo (quite a brilliant chant). If there's the one thing the boro can do that is nullify an attacking threat and with Daniel Ayala back we will look much more secure at the back.

ayala.png

(I think I've taken this Star Wars thing a bit too far now)

Us:

This is easily the second most important game we've got left this season behind Norwich. This game is huge as it's going to be our second biggest test left and seeing the fixtures of the teams around us we if we can get something from this game I can see us moving up a spot or two. The teams around us have these fixtures:

Reading vs Bournemouth

Leeds vs Norwich 

Forest vs Watford

None of those teams are pushovers especially Leeds and Forest and they can grab results from anywhere as we as Boro fans well know and you'd have to assume that all three teams won't win those games. Of course this requires us to actually beat Wolves which will be no easy task seeing our attack lately. Tomlin impressed against Rotherham but he's hit and miss for some fans, would you start him against Wolves?

tomlin.png

(I've already abused this joke so I might as well massacre it)

Questions for you:

1. Does Tomlin play again in this game?

2. How should we go about playing, defensively or try to outscore Wolves etc?

3. Vossen or Kike for this one?

4. Keep Reach dropped out of the squad or bring him back?

5. Score predictions?

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

1. For sure, you can't drop a player directly responsible for two goals, especially given how poor our attack has been over the last few games.

2. I want to see us play both Adomah and Nsue, swapping wings. Proper genuine width is required to push back their decent wing play a bit. Our season has been built on being solid so I don't see anything changing in our style of play beyond that.

3. Kike. He's been in and out of the side a lot of late and I want to see him start every game from now.

4. I'm a Reach fan but he wouldn't be in the starting lineup if it was up to me. Subs bench for sure.

5. 2-0, Kike and Tomlin again

Weasel Wosner has returned with a box office winner after his last release, The Donkey Serenade flopped badly.

Now considered on par with the late great director Alfonso Bonzo, it is rumoured that Wosner has been contracted to direct and produce  a triple bill with some great scripts up for consideration, tenatatively tagged at the moment.

Birdies Can't Tweet, a rip roaring comedy. McCormack, a ruthless gunsliger ends up in the wrong town and finally Brighton Rock, a vicious southcoast thug tries to take over a haulage buisness.

I'm sure I've seen a movie-themed MD thread somewhere before...

kidding, obviously. Top work Weasel.

1. I think he has to.

2. Ayala and Gibbo to mark their big boys out of the game.

3. Kike after a great showing yesterday.

4. Bench for Reachy.

5. 2-1. Forshaw and Kike (pen ;) ) to score.

Has anyone else noticed that it is now 12 games since we had a draw result and pretty much since our last draw at Birmingham our sequence has been to win one and then lose one and I am slightly concerned that this sequence will continue or are we due a draw?

Loads of comments about wanting those above us to drop points be it losing or a draw at worst to be of benefit to us but somehow the Wolves game has all the hallmarks and feeling that an overdue draw could very well be what will happen.

I think we know what to expect from Wolves in the manner in which they play, their two big forwards and midfield will push us around as much as they can in a physical way and indeed they too know that this game is important to them to maintain or progress further into the play offs.

These teams are the dangerous teams to play especially as there is a target in sight for them to play for and highlights just how much harder we have it compared to those above us (save the Norwich game in terms of difficulty for Norwich)

What have Forest and Reading (who will protect as many players as possible due to their cup game) got to aim for with regards to progress in the division? nothing and so I do not see any major shocks or favours coming our way.

We have to win and we have to stop the recent sequence and we have to stop the overdue draw from happening.

Not going to use my seldom used phrase because we all know it is and I suspect that we need to take the game to Wolves as I am pretty sure they will try and take the game to us

The DS guess the attendance award will apply to this game and I suspect that perhaps some fans will have chosen this game to attend instead of the Rotherham match and we should see a gate of at least 21000

1. Does Tomlin play again in this game? No

2. How should we go about playing, defensively or try to outscore Wolves etc? High work rate (Hence why no Tomlin), Put them under pressure every time they get the ball, Don't give them a second to settle on the ball and we must be ruthless in front of goal.

3. Vossen or Kike for this one? Vossen (Behind Bamford)

4. Keep Reach dropped out of the squad or bring him back? Keep him dropped.

5. Score predictions? All depends on the team selection, My prediction is...If Tomlin starts we wont win.

We have a fantastic record at home against teams at the top.

Getting the forward players right is the key to this game I think. I would like to see

Adomah Vossen Tomlin

Bamford

The rest of the team picks itself.

I can see a 2-1 Boro win, with 20,000 crowd.

We have a fantastic record at home against teams at the top.

Getting the forward players right is the key to this game I think. I would like to see

Adomah Vossen Tomlin

Bamford

The rest of the team picks itself.

I can see a 2-1 Boro win, with 20,000 crowd.

Our home form has been tremendous and very near to "fortress Riverside" as I have previously alluded to.

Only Watford and Bournemouth have taken points from us out of the top 8 teams (yes Wolves still have to visit) and I really do not want to debate as to the best team selection because every single one of them including AK knows that this is a must win game and hopefully we will get the result that each and everyone of us wants.

Attitude and desire and commitment are key elements to all of this but we do have this sequence to break and the draw is no good to auto aspirations and that's playing heavy on our mind set at the moment.

There will be a tangible sigh of relief from me once play of places have been achieved as we know there is still a lot to play for and I think beating Wolves will at least cement that initial goal

1. When Tomlins on the ball he looks the our biggest threat, his end product isn't always there but when he's on the ball he looks like the one who's going to create something, 100% starts.

2. High pressure, can't give them any time on the ball (but I'm no karanka)

3. Kike. Played well against Rotherham holds the ball up at every opportunity and he's got to score at some point right?

4. Keep him as far away from the squad as possible, good riddance.

5. Scrappy 1-0 win

I think if Bamford plays he has to partner Kike up top or play Infront of Vossen, he's wasted out wide and doesn't see enough of the ball, he isn't a winger or inside forward, he's a goal scorer who needs to play upfront

To be honest and I think it needs to be put to bed I would like to see Vossen, Kike and Bamford start from the off, because if Vossen does not make an appearance then this signals to me that we will not be wanting his services beyond the loan period.

Yes it could back fire on us but I would love to see a attacking intent from the off and Vossen does play well behind Bamford

Wolves have a big strong set of lads especially in the middle and up front, although their defence is not the best. I unfortunately watched us lose at Molynieux and frankly they just powered past us, so I think this could become a battle royal and a really good game to watch. I would go for a 2-1 win for us in what is going to be another nailbiter.

Enjoyed the OP. Cant ever have enough star wars references in my book. Greatest (historically accurate) story ever told, except for episodes 1, 2 and the first hour and a half of episode 3.

1. Does Tomlin play again in this game?

Although he faded in and out yesterday he popped up when it mattered so I imagine he probably will. I suppose it depends on who plays up top, karanka seems to prefer certain partnerships, i can remember too many times kike playing with vossen behind, so if kike starts so does tomlin.

2. How should we go about playing, defensively or try to outscore Wolves etc?

i think we should definitely try and outscore our opponent, but I'm pretty certain that's the fundamental objective of football. ;)

3. Vossen or Kike for this one?

Vossen off bamford. EDIT: thinking about it id have kike up top, probably deserves it too, grafted his heart out on Saturday

4. Keep Reach dropped out of the squad or bring him back?

Bench.

5. Score predictions

2-1 boro - 1-0 to boro first half, 1-1 wolves grab one around the hour, bamford gets winner in 75th-ish minute

I can't see the attendance being anywhere near 20,000 unfortunately. Our attendances have been low for midweek games ever since we've been relegated as our floating fans don't seem to like to attend them. It will most likely be around 17,000 plus a bit more if Wolves bring a good amount of fans.

We're going to need to be close to our best defensively if we're going to contain Wolves attacking threat with the likes of Sako, ***o and Afobe.