oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Wolves 2-1

It's concerning that for us to stand a chance for the automatic promotion spots we will need two teams above us to both slip up. It's possible, but weird to think that we could win all 4 of our games for nothing. Hopefully we have the psychological advantage of being in a position where we will have less pressure on us than the top 3 sides who will feel like it's theirs to lose.

As long as we win our last 4 games and Watford fail to win 1 of their last 4 we will be promoted...

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone fear a draw or home defeat at all?

Yes.  They're a pretty good side and whilst our home record is excellent, we have slipped up a couple of times and also dropped points in the home games against Watford and Bournemouth.  I would still make us favourites as I think we're the better side but there will be a lot of pressure and they have a few dangerous players.  If we go a goal behind the pressure will be well and truly on and I don't know how we'd cope with that.  

Yes but that still means two teams will need to slip up, whilst we win all of our games. That away game at Norwich feels daunting after our poor result's away to Bournemouth and Watford in recent weeks. Hopefully Ayala's return can make us far more solid.

Yes but that still means two teams will need to slip up, whilst we win all of our games. That away game at Norwich feels daunting after our poor result's away to Bournemouth and Watford in recent weeks. Hopefully Ayala's return can make us far more solid.

It does but that's the situation we face so what else is there to say?  I think if we win them all then one of the others will slip up somehow.  Possibly more hope than expectation but we shall see.  I don't think we'll win them all anyway so it's probably a pointless conversation!

It does but that's the situation we face so what else is there to say?  I think if we win them all then one of the others will slip up somehow.  Possibly more hope than expectation but we shall see.  I don't think we'll win them all anyway so it's probably a pointless conversation!

Its in our own hands to finish above Norwich with us having to play them so we just need to focus on winning 4 games and Waford slipping up once.

It would be a hell of a gamble to pick someone almost out of nowhere, especially when the manager doesn't seem to rate him.

It would be a hell of a gamble to pick someone almost out of nowhere, especially when the manager doesn't seem to rate him.

And a lot of pressure on the player, seeing as he'd get a lot of the blame if he had a bad game. Would expect to see Nsue a lot more, especially as I thought he looked useful in his cameo yesterday.

does anyone see a benefit to giving wildschut a run in this game?

i would be tempted as i think his pace could be useful not only attacking but also tracking back

I think he should of been given much more game time through the season... For example against Rotherham at 2-0, Why not give him 15+ minutes. When Rotherham where having a go late on it would of been nice to see how he hits teams on the break.

And a lot of pressure on the player, seeing as he'd get a lot of the blame if he had a bad game. Would expect to see Nsue a lot more, especially as I thought he looked useful in his cameo yesterday.

Indeed.  It wouldn't surprise me if Reach was back in to be honest.

I think this is the toughest game we have left, The Norwich game will only be tough if the shorter gap between games and travel is an issue.

Why is home to 7th(?) tougher than away to 2nd?

IMO I think we are better suited to playing Norwich, I think Wolves are similar to Watford and I just think we struggle against teams like that, Athletic,Strong,Pacey and leathal up front.. Besides I don't actually rate Norwich and would much rather us play them. The league table may say otherwise but its just my opinion...

Sometimes teams play better or worse against certain teams regardless of league position.

I think this is the toughest game we have left, The Norwich game will only be tough if the shorter gap between games and travel is an issue.

IMO I think we are better suited to playing Norwich, I think Wolves are similar to Watford and I just think we struggle against teams like that, Athletic,Strong,Pacey and leathal up front.. Besides I don't actually rate Norwich and would much rather us play them. The league table may say otherwise but its just my opinion...

Sometimes teams play better or worse against certain teams regardless of league position.

I guess well find out if your thoery is correct in a week

I guess well find out if your thoery is correct in a week

Yep, Two scrappy wins will be amazing :)

Does anyone fear a draw or home defeat at all?

Yes

I think Wolves will score, so we need to play well and score two to win

I also don't see Bournemouth, Norwich or Watford dropping points midweek

If we win, IF, this could go to the last match of the season, I think we have the toughest run-in