• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is the toughest game we have left, The Norwich game will only be tough if the shorter gap between games and travel is an issue.

Why is home to 7th(?) tougher than away to 2nd?

IMO I think we are better suited to playing Norwich, I think Wolves are similar to Watford and I just think we struggle against teams like that, Athletic,Strong,Pacey and leathal up front.. Besides I don't actually rate Norwich and would much rather us play them. The league table may say otherwise but its just my opinion...

Sometimes teams play better or worse against certain teams regardless of league position.

I guess well find out if your thoery is correct in a week

Yep, Two scrappy wins will be amazing :)

Jerome is powerful Pacey and lethal upfront, Redmond too pace wise. I'm worried these two could have a field day.

I also think Johnson and Dorians will control the game.

IF we win I think it will be w complete smash and grab

I really dont fancy us for this game at all. *boo hiss jeers*

We have shown time and time again this season, that we struggle with direct and physical players and teams.

Sheff Wed 2-3

Wolves 2-0

Ipswich 2-0

Blackburn 0-0 1-1

How to combat this? Maybe change tactics. Maybe play a formation to neutralise the treat from the wings, which is where they seem to be dangerous.

Id go for a 5 - 2 - 1 - 2

Adomah Ayala Woodgate Gibson Friend

Clayton Forshaw

Tomlin

Bamford Kike

Woodgate and Ayala win everything in the air, and adomah and friend as wingbacks would ensure that not enough space to slip into the area. Then Clayton and Forshaw patrolling in CDM

Jerome is powerful Pacey and lethal upfront, Redmond too pace wise. I'm worried these two could have a field day.

I also think Johnson and Dorians will control the game.

IF we win I think it will be w complete smash and grab

Agreed.  I think to win this we'd have to be as good defensively as we have in any game this season and clinical when we get an opportunity.  I think we'll cede control of the midfield anyway as we have a tendency to do at times but we will need to be right on it to get a result there.  I actually thought they were the better side against us at home in the first half at least or certainly no worse than us but we went in 2-0 up and ended up winning 4-0.  These next two games are colossal really, it's been an amazing set of fixtures to finish this season off with all of the previous big games we've had.

I really dont fancy us for this game at all. *boo hiss jeers*

We have shown time and time again this season, that we struggle with direct and physical players and teams.

Sheff Wed 2-3

Wolves 2-0

Ipswich 2-0

Blackburn 0-0 1-1

How to combat this? Maybe change tactics. Maybe play a formation to neutralise the treat from the wings, which is where they seem to be dangerous.

Id go for a 5 - 2 - 1 - 2

Adomah Ayala Woodgate Gibson Friend

Clayton Forshaw

Tomlin

Bamford Kike

Woodgate and Ayala win everything in the air, and adomah and friend as wingbacks would ensure that not enough space to slip into the area. Then Clayton and Forshaw patrolling in CDM

What about Bolton, Wigan, Ipswich at home, Forest at home, Norwich, all of them are direct and we beat them all without changing the system so theres no reason to for this one.

I'm so nervous about the next 2 that I'm off to hide in Cornwall until Saturday! Think we will just about sneak it, 2-1. We need to go back to pressing hard without the ball and attacking quicker with it, UTB

I'm so nervous about the next 2 that I'm off to hide in Cornwall until Saturday!  Think we will just about sneak it, 2-1. We need to go back to pressing hard without the ball and attacking quicker with it, UTB

Feel free to pop in for a pasty and a pint of Doom...  ;)

I'm so nervous about the next 2 that I'm off to hide in Cornwall until Saturday!  Think we will just about sneak it, 2-1. We need to go back to pressing hard without the ball and attacking quicker with it, UTB

Feel free to pop in for a pasty and a pint of Doom...  ;)

Been in Cornwall for 3 years and I've only recently found a pasty I actually like :P