oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Wolves 2-1

I enjoyed myself a lot last night, First half we were brilliant and totally dominated ... The second half was typical of us to make it a nail biting finish but we won 3 great points and and thats the main thing, 3 more wins will hopefully be enough for promotion.

It was disappointing that Adomah and Woodgate had to go off through injury, Hopefully there both back for the next game but I don't know what injury's they have.

The atmosphere in the ground was the best I have heard in a long time, It had the feeling of a big game.. When it was 2-1 and things weren't so easy/ Not going our way instead of the fans around me going silent and the sense of dread we were all roaring the boys on when it got tense, It really was brilliant to be part of....

All in all it was a brilliant night and a great 3 points.

UTB.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll stick my neck out again here on the topic but...

I thought Tomlin was brilliant last night - when he's getting the ball down and driving at players he really is worth the hype - he seems to polarise fans on games where he tries a bit too much or drifts in and out of them but those kind of performances last night are premier league quality.

I also agree with RedRocket - Forshaw is almost undroppable on the back of the last two games. I think I prefer Forshaw and Clayton rather than Leadbitter and Clayton - but you can't leave Grant out.

Good dilemma to have I guess :)

oh yeah, and Adomah was absolutely lethal last night, if his shot had gone in it would have been goal of the season, hands down

He was so unlucky, That would of been absolutely goal of the season... We cant afford him to be injured, Hes been great the second half of this season.

I'll stick my neck out again here on the topic but...

I thought Tomlin was brilliant last night - when he's getting the ball down and driving at players he really is worth the hype - he seems to polarise fans on games where he tries a bit too much or drifts in and out of them but those kind of performances last night are premier league quality.

I also agree with RedRocket - Forshaw is almost undroppable on the back of the last two games. I think I prefer Forshaw and Clayton rather than Leadbitter and Clayton - but you can't leave Grant out.

Good dilemma to have I guess :)

Oh you certainly can!

Seems as if his shot had gone in it would have done the first half justice and I believe we would have not had to endure the final stages of what we went through last night.

It really seems that nowadays teams need to score 3 to even get a comfort feeling

Can you drop Clayton and play Grant-Forshaw? Clayton has played a lot lately.

Tough decisions to make, We need whatever is going to be the freshest combination baring in mind a days less rest and the travel, Might all 3 play?.... Please get it right AK.

Tough decisions to make, We need whatever is going to be the freshest combination baring in mind a days less rest and the travel, Might all 3 play?.... Please get it right AK.

Norwich will have the same rest. Grant will definately start.

Norwich will have the same rest. Grant will definately start.

Norwich have the same rest but I hope the combination of that and the travel doesn't hinder our performance... I agree that Leadbitter will play, Hopefully hes return will be an extra boost to the team.

Me too. Against both Bournemouth and Watford we had no-one willing to pick the ball up and drive forward and take the game to them (maybe Tomlin the exception). It was very sideways with Grant and Clayts in there. Forshaw has shown he can do this very well.

We have shown we cant get results when set up to contain as the away team. We need to take the game to Norwich from the off. Be willing to get forward at any chance and not just giving it sideways to the full backs/Adomah.

For that reason - and also for Vossens workrate, ability to press and link-up play with BamBam - we should absoloutely not change our midfield or attack. For me, Grant needs to work his way back in to the team.

not necessarily a personal preference as such  more a  suggestion awaiting opinions mainly from those who have attendedthe last two games .

if Adomah is ruled unfit  could Forshaw slip into his position . 

Me too. Against both Bournemouth and Watford we had no-one willing to pick the ball up and drive forward and take the game to them (maybe Tomlin the exception). It was very sideways with Grant and Clayts in there. Forshaw has shown he can do this very well.

We have shown we cant get results when set up to contain as the away team. We need to take the game to Norwich from the off. Be willing to get forward at any chance and not just giving it sideways to the full backs/Adomah.

For that reason - and also for Vossens workrate, ability to press and link-up play with BamBam - we should absoloutely not change our midfield or attack. For me, Grant needs to work his way back in to the team.

Wouldn't argue with your logic but I'd put a large amount of money on Grant starting, likely with Clayts depending on fatigue/fitness