• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely there is a reason why Ledesma hasn't played or has been shipped out this season. So to bring him in to the starting line up at this most important time of the season seems a bit rash.

Also can we afford to have both Tomlin and Ledesma on the pitch at the same time they are not 90 minute players.

I would rather play Forshaw, Leadbitter and Clayton and play narrower with Vossen, Bamford and either Kike or Tomlin up front.

This is indeed the important time of the season and there lies the issue.

Most teams know how we're going to play by now and it's not often that you can just shot on a wildcard that may tip the balance.

You never know, Ledesma may be our Beckham, or closer to home, Maccarone ;)

Surely there is a reason why Ledesma hasn't played or has been shipped out this season. So to bring him in to the starting line up at this most important time of the season seems a bit rash.

Also can we afford to have both Tomlin and Ledesma on the pitch at the same time they are not 90 minute players.

I would rather play Forshaw, Leadbitter and Clayton and play narrower with Vossen, Bamford and either Kike or Tomlin up front.

Well Tomlin was certainly a 90 minute player last night. Agree about Ledesma, who struggles to give a 15 minute cameo when selected but very unfair on Tomlin imo.

It's not unfair on Tomlin.

Why is it that every time Tomlin has a few of good games in a row, people forget about the few shockers he had before?

It's a bloody recurring pattern that's been happening every since "that turn". He is inconsistent and he does often vanish, just like Ledesma. They can also both be absolutely brilliant as well.

Tomlin's record this season in the league is 39 games, 7 goals, 9 assists.

Ledesma's last season was 27 games, 6 goals and 4 assists.

Now, there are some differences but I'd say based on pure conjecture that they would roughly be the same over a season.

Well Tomlin was certainly a 90 minute player last night. Agree about Ledesma, who struggles to give a 15 minute cameo when selected but very unfair on Tomlin imo.

From what I recall Tomlin had about four touches in the whole first half. Not exactly a 90 minute display.

For Norwich I'd go with tried and tested. I couldn't think of a worse game to throw in cold a player like Ledesma.

For me...

Bamford Vossen Tomlin

Kike

The only issue is that it leaves us little option from the bench...I'd consider Reach on the left too.

Depends if Norwich are there to be got at..I'm sure Mr K will have done his research.

Bamford - Vossen - Reach

------------- Kike ------------

That would leave Tomlin, Ledesma and Nsue to come on if need be and at least 2 of them can be game changers, obviously this is if Albert is out.

I'd be tempted to say flood the midfield, Whitehead sitting deep and guarding the back 4, Clayton/Forshaw and Leadbitter doing the box to box graft and Tomlin sat just in front of them with Bamford and Vossen ahead of him. Force them to come narrow when defending and use the full backs as our width. When defending have Tomlin protect the full back on one wing and either Bamford or Vossen on the other wing.

It's not unfair on Tomlin.

Why is it that every time Tomlin has a few of good games in a row, people forget about the few shockers he had before?

It's a bloody recurring pattern that's been happening every since "that turn". He is inconsistent and he does often vanish, just like Ledesma. They can also both be absolutely brilliant as well.

Tomlin's record this season in the league is 39 games, 7 goals, 9 assists.

Ledesma's last season was 27 games, 6 goals and 4 assists.

Now, there are some differences but I'd say based on pure conjecture that they would roughly be the same over a season.

Tomlin was making himself available til the last minute last night. The wolves defence were backing off and he made opportunities and space for others to run into. After last night I really thought we were all pulling in the same direction but obviously people cant get by without some negativity. Its getting more like fmttm every day on here.