oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Wolves 2-1

I never said that. But to put a player down after a good performance by him and the team is daft. I presume you went last night. When Tomlin walked past the north stand he got a great ovation. You might not have heard it though.

I didn't go, I didn't even listen to the game last night.

My point wasn't as much putting Tomlin down as it was talking Ledesma up but at the same time, I am not overly sold on Tomlin. As I pointed out, he can be brilliant and he does often string a few brilliant performances together. He also goes missing for a few games at a time too. Which is basically the definition of inconsistency. Ledesma did this last season and got slated for it, Tomlin does it and people ignore it.

Its observation bias, you hold an opinion and your brain actively looks for confirmation of the opinnion. Vossens a good example i think he's an averagish championship striker so my brain looks for the missed passes, his poor shooting and remembers that in his last season Scott MacDonald played about the same amount of games and scored 70% more goals.

Someone who rates him higher than me sees his 7 goals and an assist as good return for a first season in which he's been injured and playing in a different country.

Neither of us can be convinced by logic of the others point as it is counter to the middle brains view of the world.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomlin seemed to work a bit harder in the first half than he normally does but he was he's usual self in the second half, Overall he had a decent game but nothing worth writing home about..

This is just my opinion but in general he drops too deep, Goes missing for far to much in games and is to lazy. I would love for the rest of the season have Bamford up front with Vossen just off him, Vossen works he's backside off all game, Creates more space for Bamford who seems to get more chances when paired with him, Bamford and Vossen seem to have a really good understanding With each other, I think with a consistent run in the team Vossen would chip in with goals on a more consistent basis.

Does Kike?

For the record, I thought Tomlin played well last night... 7-8/10. I don't think he goes missing for games at a time. I do think he drifts in and out of games. He's often defined by a bit of brilliance, an assist or a goal which is fair because he's a creative player.

Problem is creative players often have to try things, some times it comes off sometimes it doesn't. Often some games don't suit him as there's no space to play this is when he gets noticeably frustrated and starts doing silly things. He invariably gets dropped and starts the next game on the bench due to his frustration.

Ledesma isn't fit to lace his boots.

I think Kike would suit playing deeper with Bamford or Vossen playing further on, essentially taking the role of Tomlin.

Kike has often been isolated upfront, as have many of our strikers. Maybe a No. 9 more withdrawn would end that?

Tomlin seemed to work a bit harder in the first half than he normally does but he was he's usual self in the second half, Overall he had a decent game but nothing worth writing home about..

This is just my opinion but in general he drops too deep, Goes missing for far to much in games and is to lazy. I would love for the rest of the season have Bamford up front with Vossen just off him, Vossen works he's backside off all game, Creates more space for Bamford who seems to get more chances when paired with him, Bamford and Vossen seem to have a really good understanding With each other, I think with a consistent run in the team Vossen would chip in with goals on a more consistent basis.

I 100% agree I'm not a Tomlin fan and like the Bamford/Vossen combination.

I apologise, oh wise leader.

I kneel before thee, Kim Jong Alan. :P

Oh that's nice then, a happy ending for Alan

I've been critical of Tomlin but it's clear that since the turn of the year his performances have improved and more importantly he's looked more effective more often. Ledesma isn't at the same level as him in my opinion although I understand why Prowler made the comparison. I would be amazed to see Ledesma back in the side for Norwich, his lack of work rate will mean that Karanka won't trust him.