oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Wolves 2-1

I've got a more pressing question....

Just why did everyone get their phone torches out around the 60th minute like they were at a bloody Bon Jovi concert (couldn't tell you exactly but it was middle of the second half)

Completely mistifying

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from the match. Fantastic first half. One question for everyone, how the hell do you drop Forshaw? He's been fantastic these last two games. He's attack minded so drives the midfield forward but covers every inch of the pitch and gets back quickly to put in important tackles. Don't think the kid could have done anymore.

After those two games and performances he's undroppable in my opinion.

Just back from the match. Fantastic  first half. One question for everyone, how the hell do you drop Forshaw? He's been fantastic these last two games. He's attack minded so drives the midfield forward but covers every inch of the pitch and gets back quickly to put in important tackles. Don't think the kid could have done anymore.

Fair point. Given injuries (AA, Woodgate, Freddy, Dimi?), our need to make some sort of change away from home and the improved form of some, could be a good case for...

-------------- Dimi/Osario ---------------

--- Kalas - Ayala - Gibson - Friend ---

--------- Leadbitter - Clayton ----------

---------- Forshaw - Tomlin -----------

---------- Vossen - Bamford -----------

Sort of a 4-2-2-2. Not sure I like it myself, especially with a bit of pace lacking, but I can see the pros. Pack the midfield, rotate positionally (both going forward and defending) and still have a decent amount of attacking intent in the line up.

Personally don't think the time is right for Wildschut, Ledesma or Kike. Maybe could work in Nsue or Reach and change formation.

Just back from the match. Fantastic first half. One question for everyone, how the hell do you drop Forshaw? He's been fantastic these last two games. He's attack minded so drives the midfield forward but covers every inch of the pitch and gets back quickly to put in important tackles. Don't think the kid could have done anymore.

After those two games and performances he's undroppable in my opinion.

Thats for sure

Well Leadbitter hardly covered himself in glory for the past few games, he should have to work to get back into the side, not just slot straight back in. Keep the same team that started today for Norwich.

Just back from the match. Fantastic  first half. One question for everyone, how the hell do you drop Forshaw? He's been fantastic these last two games. He's attack minded so drives the midfield forward but covers every inch of the pitch and gets back quickly to put in important tackles. Don't think the kid could have done anymore.

I was thinking this on the way home but what if we play a 4-3-3 a midfield 3 of Forshaw, Leadbitter and Clayton is probably the best in the league in my biased opinion

Well Leadbitter hardly covered himself in glory for the past few games, he should have to work to get back into the side, not just slot straight back in. Keep the same team that started today for Norwich.

Think that was mainly because he was trying to avoid a yellow card and ban (then got a stupid one anyway) so it made his game suffer. He'll be back with a bang in Friday

We started brilliantly and the pressure we put them under high up the pitch was brilliant. We could have been 3 or 4 nil up at half time with them down to 10 men, and you couldn't have said it wasn't reflective in the chances we created. That's even though we lacked width and balance with having Tomlin struggling at LW. Some of the referees decisions were utterly baffling. Second half we couldn't keep up the intensity to our pressing, and after Vossen's miss from a 6 yards out Wolves took control of the game. The crowd were brilliant with even the East Stand joining in the chanting!. We would have benefitted from having Reach on the bench to come on in the last half hour or so.

Player ratings:

Dimi: 6.5 -Decent performance other than their goal which, admittedly I didn't have the best view, but it looked like Dimi should have done better to cover his near post from that angle.

Kalas: 8 -Was great and key to our dominance down the right flank in the first half. Defended well too. Great performance.

Woodgate: 7.5 -Typical solid performance(other than the Watford game!).

Gibson: 7.5 -Another good performance.

Friend: 7.5 -Brilliant performance other than his mistake in the build up to their goal.

Clayton: 6.5 -His passing was poor, but he did do a good job at protecting the defence. His lack of clinical passing in forward areas was clear. He need to improve on that.

Forshaw: 8.5 -Very good performance. In the first half he was key to everything that was good about the performance. He could have got tighter to a shot from the edge of the area in the first half where he stood off and let the player shoot in a dangerous position. His

Adomah: 8.5 -Another brilliant performance. The link up play between him and Kalas in the first half was really good. His shot that hit the cross bar after a great run would have been one of the goals of the season.

Vossen: 7 -Done well for his goal, but should have had another in the second half just before their goal. He had a few poor touches in linking up attacks and wasn't really in the game too much. Worked hard as ever.

Tomlin: 6.5 -Poor performance and was regularly out of position. It's not his position though so it's understandable. Done well in the closing stages when he was put to #10 role though which redeems him a bit.

Bamford: 8.5 -Scored one and created one, with some great unselfish play to set up Vossen's goal. Hit the crossbar late on too with a good lob. He seemed to be moving a bit uncomfortably though.

Omeruo: Done well when he came on.

Nsue: NA

Amorebieta: NA

Now to the he game... We started off like a train, most urgent and forward thinking we've been for a while. Outstanding first half, could have had 4/5, midfield was excellent at picking up the loose balls and poor Watford passes/hoofs. Second half took foot off the accelerator a bit and let them back in, but still did enough and should have had a few more. Friend had a cracking game, as did Forshaw and adomah. Can't really think of a weak link to be honest tonight. Even reach never put a foot wrong again, that's 2 games in a row the fans have left him alone ;)

Tomlin for me was outstanding and the player we want to see affect a game.

Hopefully not to many injuries and they are fit for Friday, hopefully Ayala will be back as it sounds like woody won't be.

Bigger crowd than expected, atmosphere was quality, especially last 15 minutes or so. The phone thing was quite funny too.plsyers looked shattered at the end, hope we can get everyone fit and ready for Friday, it's possibly our biggest game since Eindhoven, let's hope we've put the recent TV exploits behind us and can get going in this one.

Come on boro

I've got a more pressing question....

Just why did everyone get their phone torches out around the 60th minute like they were at a bloody Bon Jovi concert (couldn't tell you exactly but it was middle of the second half)

Completely mistifying

No idea why but was funny dancing round singing "let's all have a disco" lol

AA being injured i think we might go 3 in midfield ;-)

We need to do something different away as it's not been working for a while. I think he will go to 3 in midfield at Norwich. We have to win pretty much if we want top 2.

I left the Riverside absolutely buzzing last night, first time in a long time. First half was the best I've seen us play all season, we made it look easy, and make Wolves look very average.

Second half their goal obviously changed things, Sakho grew in confidence and was causing us lots of problems, the man's a beast.

I questioned bringing Amorebieta on at the end, but it worked well and he did a good, solid job.

Stand out performers for me were Adomah and Tomlin, but there's plenty others who raised their games last night.

Cracking atmosphere too! First time I've sat in the South and it was bouncing.