oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Norwich (A) 1-0

looney.png

(Alex Neil Tweety pie didn't mean to come out so terrifying, I apologize for the nightmares)

P-p-p-review

Well that first half against wolves was a thing of beauty wasn't it? We go into this game with confidence after a great performance gaining us another three points, a victory here would give us a shot at automatics in what has been a Looney season. Norwich know that they'll have to win to stay in contention with automatics, just as we know we have to win for a realistic chance. Every Bournemouth and Watford fan will be watching this one praying for a draw.

The Opponents:

Well we should be prepared for a loss against Norwich, they are a very good side with great players and a huge squad of talent. They're in impeccable form and haven't lost in eight games, maybe we can finally end that streak? They've got a large amount of talented players like Bradley Johnson, Hoolahan, Grabban, Ruddy, Jerome, the list goes on. If Norwich had Alex Neil since the start of the season you'd like to think they'd of already been promoted by now, he has really turned the clubs fortunes around.

Us:

Well this is it, the ACTUAL biggest game of our season so far (sorry downsouth). If we don't win we're pretty much doomed for the playoffs and even if we do win there's still a chance we'll just finish third and also be doomed to the playoffs. Leadbitter is back for this one after his suspension has added but with Forshaw's form maybe he won't even start. Hopefully the Adomah injury wasn't bad and he'll be able to play on Friday as even Olsson can't keep up with his pace.

adomaholsson.png

The Other Teams:

We currently sit third (depending on the result of the Watford game as I write this). If Watford win today then that means we'll be fourth and a win will help us overtake Norwich. If we win and Watford lose either of their two games we go second and in an automatic position. If Bournemouth lose and we win, then we will also go second/top depending on the Watford result. If Bournemouth draw then we won't overtake Bournemouth as they have more goal difference which could mean we are either sitting third or second if they draw.

Bournemouth play Bolton at home and you'd really expect them to win that one, Bolton aren't anything special especially away from home. Watford play Birmingham at home but Birmingham aren't any pushovers and they could sneak a draw or a win.

Questions for you:

1. Do you drop Forshaw for Grant Leadbitter?

2. If Adomah's out, who do you play instead?

3. How should we go about this one, attack from the start, play on the counter etc?

4. If Ayala/Woody is fit enough to play, do you take the risk?

5. Score predictions?

6. Clayton or Bradley Johnson's beard

bamford.png

(Sorry for the delay, put too much effort into this, worthy of reputation points *wink wink* ;3)

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither, 433

2. If Adomah's out, who do you play instead?

As above

3. How should we go about this one, attack from the start, play on the counter etc?

Play on counter with 3 forward

4. If Ayala/Woody is fit enough to play, do you take the risk?

Yes

5. Score predictions?

1-2

6. Clayton or Bradley Johnson's beard?

Daft question

Questions for you:

Leadbitter, Clayton and Forshaw

2. If Adomah's out, who do you play instead? Bamford Rw, Kike to prove himself *dreamland*

3. How should we go about this one, attack from the start, play on the counter etc? Attack. Get a goal and defend like ****

4. If Ayala/Woody is fit enough to play, do you take the risk? Not with Ayala, we need him for the playoffs

5. Score predictions?

6. Clayton or Bradley Johnson's beard

Santa's

After last night's splendid performance against Wolves, particularly the pressing in the first-half, surely the Boro must go to Norwich and do the same to them? If we do that I think we will win... 3-0.

https://aseriousvan.wordpress.com/2015/04/15/pressing-is-paramount/

*apologies for not being sure how to do a proper link on here also

submitted by viv andersons other nana

Norwich are a better team than Wolves and a different team to Wolves so I'm not sure that rocking up and trying to play how we did last night will necessarily work. I'd like to see us make a quick start again though.

I think we need to press them exactly as we pressed Wolves really. I'm wondering whether Norwich would be taken by surprise by us setting up like that as they might be expecting us to turn up and perform like we did at Bournemouth and Watford. The pressure is all on Norwich so I'd love to see us have a real go at them.

Norwich will use the Bmouth and Watford games as the way to play us, we simply have to stop them by pressing them and going at their throats, kicking them where it hurts and diving for pennas!

The pressure isn't all on Norwich, we have to win this game or we're basically done as far as the top two is concerned. They may be able to get away with a draw depending on how things go. At the very least the pressure is equally on both of us. I'm sure Norwich will take on board how we played against Bournemouth and Watford and indeed how we played last night. I'd be surprised to see us that aggressive away from home and I'd be wary of Norwich being able to play through that kind of pressure and then hurting us. Wolves are a decent side but they aren't at the same level as Norwich.

I agree that Norwich are a notch above Wolves, but the pressure is on them because they're the home team and have the chance for an immediate return to the top flight. Boro have already achieved their objectives for the season, according to Karanka(publicly at least - I'm sure the staff and players are aiming for automatic promotion), so the team can go to Carrow Road in a positive mood and enjoy the game.

If we press them high they will make mistakes, I'm sure of it.

4-3-2-1

Dimi

Kalas Ayala/ken Gibson friend

Leadbitter clayton Forshaw

Vossen tomlin

Bamford

Only as I think Adomah will be out for this one. The challenge he took just before he went off was a nasty one