oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Norwich (A) 1-0

I really want to know what's going on with Fredericks. Seems as though he's fit, but he isn't getting in the squad. The same thing has happened a few times when Ayala has seemed fit. I think if Ayala is even at 80% he should be in for this one, if not I wonder if we'll see Amorebieta or if Omeruo did enough the other night (I thought he was good, like seeing the old Ken back).

Though I do not think a cunning ploy is being witnessed here it would be quite wise to have as many "fresher" players available in case we go into "that area" where at this time many do not want to accept :)

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to know what's going on with Fredericks. Seems as though he's fit, but he isn't getting in the squad. The same thing has happened a few times when Ayala has seemed fit. I think if Ayala is even at 80% he should be in for this one, if not I wonder if we'll see Amorebieta or if Omeruo did enough the other night (I thought he was good, like seeing the old Ken back).

Though I do not think a cunning ploy is being witnessed here it would be quite wise to have as many "fresher" players available in case we go into "that area" where at this time many do not want to accept :)

That's true, but this is the last big chance we have. I suspect that if we lose this, and the automatic places are just about gone, we will see some rotation in the last two games to keep players fresh for playoffs.

Woody out, Adomah doubtful:

http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2014/boro-aitor-karanka-jonathan-woodgate-norwich-city-2404433.aspx

I think with Kalas doing a good job at RB/ Going back to Chelsea after tomorrows game AK is making sure Fredericks is fully fit for the last two games and Playoffs if we are in them....

Omeruo replaced Woodgate and played ok so I assume he will start tomorrow if Ayala isn't fit, If there is the slightest doubt with Ayala`s fitness I wouldn't play him because if we end up in the playoffs we will need him.

To be honest with you and with the injuries to "key" defenders I really believe that the onus and emphasis certainly in this game is on our midfield and forward play, we simply have to play very differently from our last two away games and Norwich will know that.

Midfield intent and support is key to a positive result, I honestly think our defence will cope, not saying they will not concede, as long as we play a high pressing game and take it to Norwich.

I jokingly mentioned about diving for penalties, this game we need as many inside their box as possible and with that in mind I hope we see Kalas doing some of his storming runs into the area as we saw against Wolves.

Oh great point NB it is Kalas's last game for us, well go out in style young man!

the really wierd thing is  im not at all nervous about this game  , not because i feel ultra confident of winning it  but due to the fact that the teams above just dont seem like slipping up ive stopped seeing it as a "we must do this while others must do that " game and for the first time in ages it seems im not on edge .

What will be will be  . to me its looking like a stab at the play offs  and accepting that has released a bit of the pressure for these last 3 games and hopefully i can enjoy listening/watching them  more than i have lately .

I agree about getting into the penalty area. I can't remember the exact stat, but I'm sure at the time Watford went 2 up against us, we'd had 8 touches in their box. That can't happen again. While I like Omeruo, he struggles against taller forwards, and so I think that Amorebieta might get the nod if Ayala doesn't play.

If Albert is out, how about a shock recall for WildShot, they won't be expecting that and neither will we

Even if we beat Norwich, which I think is unlikely given their form, I can't see Watford dropping any points in the final three games

Hoofball will not win this game we all know that and from my point of view then the best way will be to have Vossen and Tomlin taking the game into the heart of Norwich's area with support so that Bamford and others can have chances on goal. We know that we have to score simple as!

I agree with Legandarymisfit about this game, forget about whats going on around us this is our game and lets see where we are come 5pm Saturday

Tickest arrived today (Thanks again Red Rocket) and I am getting seriously excited .. Not a pretty sight I grant you!

Take it from me we are going to win tomorrow and all will be well in the world

For those wanting to be cautious I say bo**ocks to you all.. I have known years of misery mingled with moments of joy supporting the Boro and the next couple of days will be like the lead up to Christmas when we were kids.

As for the team whoever AK puts on the pitch and in whatever formation is good enough for me .. Will it be santa or a sack of coal come saturday though (One for the oldies there)

COME ON BORO

the really wierd thing is  im not at all nervous about this game  , not because i feel ultra confident of winning it  but due to the fact that the teams above just dont seem like slipping up ive stopped seeing it as a "we must do this while others must do that " game and for the first time in ages it seems im not on edge .

What will be will be  . to me its looking like a stab at the play offs  and accepting that has released a bit of the pressure for these last 3 games and hopefully i can enjoy listening/watching them  more than i have lately .

I am the same, Especially after last nights game... Its doesn't look like Bournemouth or Watford will slip up now, So I'm relaxed about tomorrows game and instead of thinking we must win and being on edge I'm just hoping we put in a promising performance away from home against one of the teams at the top.

This game shouldn't finish as a draw because if its level with 10 minutes to play we need to throw everything at Norwich.. Basically risking getting beat to win the game because imo a draw is no better than a win if we want to finish in the top 2.... It really could be a exciting finish to the game.

I am the same, Especially after last nights game... Its doesn't look like Bournemouth or Watford will slip up now, So I'm relaxed about tomorrows game and instead of thinking we must win and being on edge I'm just hoping we put in a promising performance away from home against one of the teams at the top.

Don't you worry lads, we're still going up via the autos! It's our time.

Feeling the pressure from our win tomorrow, BOTH Bournemouth and Watford drop points Saturday.

You can call me Mystic ***ing Meg.

It should be a cracking game if nothing else, Alex Neil has said they'll be throwing caution to the wind in their last 3 games, and you'd hope we'd be doing the same.

Tickest arrived today (Thanks again Red Rocket) and I am getting seriously excited .. Not a pretty sight I grant you!

Take it from me we are going to win tomorrow and all will be well in the world

For those wanting to be cautious I say bo**ocks to you all.. I have known years of misery mingled with moments of joy supporting the Boro and the next couple of days will be like the lead up to Christmas when we were kids.

As for the team whoever AK puts on the pitch and in whatever formation is good enough for me .. Will it be santa or a sack of coal come saturday though (One for the oldies there)

COME ON BORO

Well said that man!!!!

I still fancy Charlton to beat Bournemouth on the last day - every team wants to win their last home game and their form isn't bad of late. 1 defeat in 5 I think.

We need to beat Norwich and our last 2 and if the above happens we can sneak into second place with Watford top.