• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Still on the train back....

I've been buzzing for this game for a couple of weeks and tonight didn't dissapoint.

Cracking crowd, up there with Derby away

Tonight showed that when we are on the front foot, even the better teams in the division are not close to us.

Strong solid throughout, stiffelled Norwich, anticipated the cross field balls and crosses into the box. Norwich whilst pressing in the 2nd half did t really pose a huge threat.

Ayala,Gibbo,Clayton in particular stood out tonight for me

2 games to go, I'm confident as always in saying we are going to do this

Finally managed to watch the game having managed to dodge finding out the score and that was a result worth waiting for! First things first, back to back wins over Norwich and Wolves in the space of a few days is really good going, all credit to them for that.

I said earlier today, well yesterday now, that the first goal was so key and thankfully we got it. This was in no small part due to the pace and attitude with which we started the game. I wish this team had turned up for the Watford and Bournemouth games as we might be in an even better position now than we currently are. Indeed this way of playing in most games this season would have lead to us taking control of them early on as the majority of teams in this division wouldn't be able to live with it.

I thought Tomlin's ball through for Bamford that eventually lead to the first goal was real quality. Bamford's movement off the ball prior to his injury was first class also. His injury stuffed things up for us somewhat because they couldn't get close to him beforehand but post injury he just couldn't make those same runs. The defence was for the most part excellent, as were Clayton and Leadbitter, defensively at least. Everyone worked their socks off without the ball so that area of the game can't be faulted.

However I felt at times that we were too frantic and too eager to just get rid of the ball when we could have played it out and been able to keep hold of it instead of inviting pressure on ourselves. This was understandable given the importance of the game and it didn't cost us obviously but I think a bit more composure and we could have taken the sting out of the game on occasions. It was a shame we couldn't add a second to make it more comfortable and even with the lack of possession we probably created the better chances.

I haven't heard any news about the injury issues that Bamford and Vossen have but hopefully they'll be ok for Fulham. Vossen going off as he did might make this unlikely though unfortunately.

Whatever happens in today's games we did our bit and that's all that we can do. Hopefully the pressure will tell on the others and tonight will be a pivotal result in the race for the top two.

Just got in from work, by the sounds of it we defended magnificently! So so so happy with this, hopefully the injuries are just knocks! Roll on Fulham 4 wins in 4 hopefully, and lets hope the footballing gods smile on us today and cause a slip up at either Bournemouth or Watford!

Well I've been living in Thailand since February and in that time I've watched us live on tv 6 times and we've lost 5 of them. I've slept through 6 matches and we've got 16 points from those games so I think I will have to go to bed early for our last 2 matches. (This suggests we are rubbish in early kick offs but great in night matches) Couldn't believe we'd won when I woke up and checked the score. I'd had a few dreams of waking up and checking and we lost every time!

What a night! Defended like trojans for 97 minutes. Professional performance. The atmosphere at the end was incredible and my head is still pounding like mad.

Is this the year it happens? Bring on Fulham and then everyone that can get down to the riverside for the final game and roar on the lad to promotion. AK deserves it, the players deserve it, Gibson deserves it.

EIO EIO EIO EIO

What a night! Defended like trojans for 97 minutes. Professional performance. The atmosphere at the end was incredible and my head is still pounding like mad.

Is this the year it happens? Bring on Fulham and then everyone that can get down to the riverside for the final game and roar on the lad to promotion. AK deserves it, the players deserve it, Gibson deserves it.

EIO EIO EIO EIO

And we all saw a close up of you Tom when Bamford missed his chance at the end of the game, hands on your head then a brilliant facial expression