oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Norwich (A) 1-0

I've been looking on the 'Pinkun' forum and they are very very bitter about last night. But it reminds me of our home game against Leeds absolutely battered them but one lucky goal beat us. And the keeper having the game of his life

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a look on a ITFC fans forum, they are obviously delighted but it was mentioned that there are reports on twitter that the Boro media got a bit too excited which resulted in some pushing and shoving from a section of Norwich fans?

Can anyone confirm this at all or have you seen a mention of it?

AV tweeted this last night:

Apologies to any Norwich season ticket holders sat in front of the press box. I may have sworn once or twice. LOL. #borolive

Might be something to do with it?

what an incredible game. not good for the heart at all. Obviously we have an amazing defence, but to rely on them for 65 minutes was so edgy. With Bam's injury we handed momentumn to them. It was bonkers Bamford stayed on so long, I reckon a fully mobile kike would have been more productive up front and helped us relieve the pressure, but what do I know?

Sadly I think Vossen will definitely be out for the rest of the season, looked like a badly sprained ankle.

Ayala proved again what a massive, massive player he is for us, him and gibbo can take on all comers. I'd like to see gibbo bulk up a bit though, I'm sure he will be doing so, without losing pace.

Great shifts from all the lads, and a thoroughly deserved victory. Norwich created one goal scoring chance all match, we missed 2 or 3 more.

Gutted they never gave the goal to Albert, like it was clear to say he did not touch it at all before it crossed the line, AND it would have made up for the one he had chalked off against leeds.

Norwich fans can get bent. After Hoolahan dived they were all singing 'you don't know what you're doing' to the ref, shows what they know. Also their team tactics seem to be lumping the ball into forward areas and win headers, which has obviously worked well for them (except v boro).

I thought Dimi's cramp was a really bad idea if he wasn't injured. Things like that can have the opposite effect and rile the oppo and leave us with only ourselves to blame when punished in the 7th extra minute, but we held out epically. Am I the only one who thinks Dimi may be a little bit immobile? Don't get me wrong, he's been fantastic all season, but he's not getting any younger or more athletic and although he's done a great job I feel we could do with a safer pair of hands at the back for next season. Sorry Dimi.

I'm totally buzzing today, for us to get promoted we have to win 2 games and hope one game out of 6 finishes in a draw or loss...

I've been looking on the 'Pinkun' forum and they are very very bitter about last night. But it reminds me of our home game against Leeds absolutely battered them but one lucky goal beat us. And the keeper having the game of his life

It's understandable, given the circumstances of the game, that they're frustrated but although they dominated all of the possession they only really had one clear chance and Howson missed it. We had 3 or 4 good chances to score and kept their keeper relatively busy compared to Dimi.

I was a bit uncomfortable watching us waste time like we did but it's part of the game and I guess you've got to do what you can to win!

Soccer AM following on with the Norwich bias. Have Ruddy and Bradley Johnson as guests, Max Rushden asking 'how frustrating is it when their 'keeper goes down with cramp'.

Yeah, but then the Norwich players admitted they'd have done the same thing if they'd been 1-0 up. So it sort of backfired and the presenters didn't really know what to say!

HH makes a great point about Vossen I certainly hope that this is not the last time we see him play as clearly the last 2 performances show that he is very much an influence and certainly a team player.

Our cohesion will be sorely tested in the next 2 games if he is not available

Quick message to anyone from the Norwich forum. Funny how quickly fans forget. Norwich were massive time wasters until they conceded earlier this season at the riverside. Sour grapes, I've seen teams come and take there time over everything all season at the riverside, EVERY side in the division does it. Don't see why they wouldn't focus on how well they stopped us playing any sort of game

Quick message to anyone from the Norwich forum. Funny how quickly fans forget. Norwich were massive time wasters until they conceded earlier this season at the riverside. Sour grapes, I've seen teams come and take there time over everything all season at the riverside, EVERY side in the division does it. Don't see why they wouldn't focus on how well they stopped us playing any sort of game

Haha didn't we score after 3 minutes? Can't have time wasted that much;)

What a terrific result that was last night!

Oddly, apart from a moment or two, I was quite calm watching Clayton and the Boro defence deal with anything and everything that Norwich had to offer. Great stuff, lads.

Soccer AM following on with the Norwich bias. Have Ruddy and Bradley Johnson as guests, Max Rushden asking 'how frustrating is it when their 'keeper goes down with cramp'.

Yeah, but then the Norwich players admitted they'd have done the same thing if they'd been 1-0 up. So it sort of backfired and the presenters didn't really know what to say!

To be fair, the Norwich players were quite graceful this morning on it. Only watched to see if they made any snide remarks. 

It's funny, a lot of neutrals tweeting praising Leadbitter. While I thought he wasn't bad, I thought he was quiet last night.