oneBoro Forum

Tomas Mejias

I think Leeds was he's last time involved when he made that howler throwing the ball out.

Bolton at home was last time he was in squad so assuming he must be injured though haven't heard anything.

AK seems funny with keepers though - last year Dimi was on the bench when Given was here, yet when Given left it was Mejias who was given the nod. Likewise when Dimi became first choice, Steele was on the bench, yet it was pretty clear that Mejias was second choice. It might be all part of getting Rippers used to being in the MD squad. If Dimi broke a finger tomorrow I have no doubts it would be Mejias who started at Fulham.

AK seems funny with keepers though - last year Dimi was on the bench when Given was here, yet when Given left it was Mejias who was given the nod. Likewise when Dimi became first choice, Steele was on the bench, yet it was pretty clear that Mejias was second choice. It might be all part of getting Rippers used to being in the MD squad. If Dimi broke a finger tomorrow I have no doubts it would be Mejias who started at Fulham.

It could be that AK can work mejias harder in training if he puts ripley on the bench.

During the two seasons he has been here mejias has yet to be fit to play a game in the latter stages of the season, both caused by injuries in training. Now injuries happen all the time and in a contact sport enviroment it to be expected but can Karanka count upon mejias going forward regardless of how he rates him against dimi and rippers lad, imo he cannot so should be looking for another keeper for next year, I just cannot decide what the target should be as a Given type for a season would be good but not maybe the best financially or a gamble and we find another schwartzer type from another team. Either way would be hard on Dimi but I really think he would just get on with it enjoy being in the premiership.

I was alway under the impression that the club think Ripley is going to be a good goalkeeper so maybe keeping him in the MD squad is keeping him happy so that he doesn't want to leave.