oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Fulham (A) 3-4

finalcountdown.png

(I'd buy this album)

[align=left]Us:

Well if I'm honest this match day thread is coming as a bit of a surprise to me as I thought for sure we'd lose to Norwich and we'd be all gloomy and fearing the playoffs. There's still light at the end of the tunnel, but only two cars can exit and there's a yellow car and a red and black one that won't stop faking breakdowns. Even if we win this game it's likely that we'll still be behind the pack unless one of them runs out of fuel at the last stretch, which would be absolutely beautiful (especially if it was Bournemouth).

Them:

Oh who cares, they're garbage. They've only won 1 in 5 games and that was against Blackpool, we all know there's quality in that squad, but who knows what's happened at Craven Cottage to make them collapse this badly this season.It'd be the Boro way to end all automatic hopes against a team placed 18 in the table though.

Our Rivals:

We've been waiting for Bournemouth or Watford to slip up for a while now, but they've stayed strong. Maybe this is finally the weekend we pounce on their mistake and move into the automatics? Watford have to face Brighton at home which could be a tricky fixture and I think this is our best chance of seeing an upset, especially with Muzzy Carayol being on loan at Brighton, could he make himself a Boro legend and slay the Hornets? Bournemouth play the day after which could be seen as a psychological advantage or disadvantage, they're at home to Bolton which on paper should be an easy win for them. But there's never an easy game in the championship because this league is literally insane.

aitor.png

(Karanka's coming for you boys)[/align]

[align=left]Question Time:

1. Stick with the team that's been winning us games?

2. If Bamford's not fit, who do you replace him with?

3. No more Kalas, so who gets the right back spot?

4. How do we go about winning this one?

5. Who's more likely to bottle it out of Watford and Bournemouth?

6. Wildschut and Ledesma scored for the u21's again, put either in the squad?

8. Is Eddie Howe a big babby? (there is only one answer)

8. How many more goals will Dean Whitehead score?

[/align]

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

1. Stick with the team that's been winning us games?

pick the same team/system as norwich barring the injuries and kalas obviously

2. If Bamford's not fit, who do you replace him with?

Kike no other options anyway.

3. No more Kalas, so who gets the right back spot?

nsue, he is a little weak when defending but we will be going for goals so he is the main man here.

4. How do we go about winning this one?

start fast and go for the jugular, they wont know whats hit them aka wolves and norwich.

5. Who's more likely to bottle it out of Watford and Bournemouth?

bournemuth are shaking see them drawing again. the hornets hammered brum but missed chances. bournemouth might be favorites here. but dont rule out sheff wed saving the day for us.

6. Wildschut and Ledesma scored for the u21's again, put either in the squad?

only if they deserve it on merit. AK knows best.

8. Is Eddie Howe a big babby? (there is only one answer)

yes.

8. How many more goals will Dean Whitehead score?

he wont get a game so none.

1. Same team except Fredericks for Kalas, and if Vossen is unfit (Gazette say he is touch and go), perhaps bring Reach in on the left and put Tomlin back in the middle.

2. If there is no Bamford, and there is no Vossen to replace him as a number 9, it would have to be Kike.

3. See answer 1.

4. Scoring more goals than Fulham, preferably two or three early on so I can actually enjoy the second half.

5. Bournemouth have not lost in 12, and not since the 25th February, and Watford have won their last 4, but I can see Bournemouth, more than Watford, slipping up.

6. Wildschut on the bench, if we aren't winning by the 70th min (heaven forbid) his pace could make the difference.

7. Does a bear s**t in the woods?

8. Only if we make the play-offs, and then he'll score a screamer at Wembley alike Windass, and live forever in folklore.

1. Same team from those available. Hopefully Vossen is fit. He will get another hat trick.

2. God help us, Kike

3.Fred, I hope.

4.Lets get back to our slick passing game.

5. I think Watford will draw one.

6. If no Vossen, we need a play maker. Ledesma. he can score from free kicks.

7. Eddie Howe is a petulant arrogant obnoxious git.

8. He is more likely to score on Saturday night.

1. Stick with the team that's been winning us games? If fit, The same team V Norwich except Fredericks in for Kalas.

2. If Bamford's not fit, who do you replace him with? Kike.

3. No more Kalas, so who gets the right back spot? Fredericks, All I have heard for the last 2 weeks or so is hes fit and ready to play so I'm assuming AK has held him back knowing Kalas`s loan was due to end plus it gives Fredericks time to be fully fit for the run in.

4. How do we go about winning this one? The same way we started against Wolves and Norwich but keep it up for longer and get the game put to bed as early as possible.

5. Who's more likely to bottle it out of Watford and Bournemouth? Both teams haven't been at their best the last couple of games but have done enough so its tough to say but at a push I would say Watford although I don't think either will mess it up now.

6. Wildschut and Ledesma scored for the u21's again, put either in the squad? It depends on injury's but I would always have Wildschut for hes pace on the break.

7. Is Eddie Howe a big babby? (there is only one answer) Yes.

8. How many more goals will Dean Whitehead score? None.

1. As best we can. If Bamford is battered and bruised give the Kikester a run out, with PB & Jelle ready to come on if needed.

2. Reach-Tomin-Adomah

-----------Kike--------------

3. Freddy I hope. If Nsue plays, Tiendalli has been the most pointless loan signing since John Eustace.

4. Their last home game, so their fans might be giving it some. Shut them up early doors, then go out and enjoy it.

5. Bournemouth. Neil Lennon would love to have a big say in the promotion race.

6. If Reach starts, I'd very much like to have the Yanic Street Preacher as an alternative on the bench. They might both be on there if Vossen is out.

7. Very much so.

8. 91 minutes in, at 1-1, disaster! Leadbitter limps off. On trots Deano. With his first touch, he tackles Ross McCormack in our penalty area, strides forward riding challenge after challenge, then tonks one in from 45 yards, walks back to the centre circle, shrugs and says 'what were you worried about?'

1. Stick with the team that's been winning us games? Yes, stick in Fred for Kalas and hopefully jelle is fit

2. If Bamford's not fit, who do you replace him with? Kike.

3. No more Kalas, so who gets the right back spot? Fred, he hasbeen held back IMO for the last 2 weeks with Kalas loan coming to an end

4. How do we go about winning this one? High tempo, hit them hard and fast a la Norwich, get 2 up nice and early and try and settle and the class will show.

5. Who's more likely to bottle it out of Watford and Bournemouth? Head says neither, especially as Brighton aren't going to need that point, heart says they both blow it on Sat.

6. Wildschut and Ledesma scored for the u21's again, put either in the squad? Yanic for pace, but cant see either being involved.

7. Is Eddie Howe a big babby? (there is only one answer) Yes.

8. How many more goals will Dean Whitehead score? Only if we don't go up Auto, all strikers injured or go down with cramp at Wembley, Deano trots on at 2-0 down, scores a 6 minute perfect hat trick. Docklands Road is renamed Whitehead way.

Firstly what a great effort from Weasel once again........well done!

Slight concern that everyone assumes we will simply breeze past Fulham to get the 3 points, nothing less than that, needed to take the "outside" chance of getting one of the 2 auto spots.

This is our potential banana skin match let's be honest about that, we are all hoping and looking for a slip up by Watford and Bournemouth but nothing much has been said about us slipping up, but this is the game where it could happen.

Before kick off we will have either the added pressure knowing that we have to win the game should Watford have a positive result or we could start the game with, for the fans at least, even more increased pressure upon ourselves coupled with anticipation knowing that if we beat Fulham, due to a Watford slip up at Brighton, that our destiny is well and truly in our own hands and not having to rely on Bornmuff dropping points on the Monday or any other game after that.

Either way for an away game this game deserves the title of THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON because it is huge and of mammoth proportions.

But this is Boro's banana skin and I now wish I had looked to see how others had done against Fulham at home (top 8 team wise).

Concerned that Vossen will not be playing so I hope that if Kike starts we will have a formation that will support him moving forwards when he has the ball. we have waited all season for Clayton to score so maybe this could be the game where that happens.

5000 boro fans. Fulham are not renowned for their fanatical support of for being vociferous. This is going to be like a home fixture.

Think that that is a low figure to be honest there will be at least 7k Boro fans in the ground and I believe this will be the largest away following in London for many a year for a league match :)

there has been little mention of us slipping up. i think thats because we are all expecting the playoffs and auto's are a bonus. we are all looking at the slim chance we have in a positive way. have to say after bornmuff stumbled over the line with a point last game. i have faith if we win our two we'll be up. watford battered brum but struggled to get the ball in the net, brum had some real good chances to. they are both on the verge of bottling it imo. this might seem unlikely atm but us and norwich might end up 1st and 2nd. wondet what the odds are for that.

there has been little mention of us slipping up. i think thats because we are all expecting the playoffs and auto's are a bonus. we are all looking at the slim chance we have in a positive way. have to say after bornmuff stumbled over the line with a point last game. i have faith if we win our two we'll be up. watford battered brum but struggled to get the ball in the net, brum had some real good chances to. they are both on the verge of bottling it imo. this might seem unlikely atm but us and norwich might end up 1st and 2nd. wondet what the odds are for that.

Us and Norwich finishing in the top 2 would sum this championship season up perfectly... Bonkers.

Ok Fulham's results against the top 8 before this game at Craven Cottage

Wolves........lost 1-0

Norwich.......won 1-0

Watford.......lost 5-0

Ipswich........lost 2-1

Derby..........won 2-0

B'mouth.......lost 5-1

Brentford.....lost 4-1

6 points from 21 and have not drawn against a top 8 team so far!