oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Fulham (A) 3-4

As I lay half sober(ish) after yesterday's maddness heres some of my thoughts;

I thought we started slow and although we dominated large parts of the 1st 45 we looked shakey, possibly the pressure of the situation. The 1st goal clearly jeed us up but the soft soft penalty put something into us I don't think Ive seen in the last 44 games. We looked frantic, made silly decisions and ultimately it cost us.

The worrying thing for me is that the pressure was on (not unlike a playoff match) and we lost our heads a bit. That said out of the 6 games we've played against the other teams in the playoff positions we've won 5 of em, so there's something to be optimistic about, plus i believe karanka will know how to set us up to grind a result out in the semi final. Playoff final as always is how you play on the day. I still believe we can do this UTB!!!!

On a side note, I don't think there'd be a major overhaul if we're still in the championship next season, if you look at the team that started yesterday I think really we only need RB, 2x AM/Forwards (whatever you call em, the 3 in behind) and a striker. Other signings would just be beefing up whats already there. The defence/defensive mids will be the same + a RB.

PS calling people "sunshine" is deplorable

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

AK bemoaned our first half performance yesterday and said he could not understand why, thinking back certainly first half I realise that we indeed missed the influence of Kalas and that the intensity and drive shown by him was certainly missing. Perhaps the loss of him just unbalanced things for a while???

The worry for me was how shaky our CBs looked at times. How often have teams scored four goals against us

I realise the penalty and last goal situation where extra ordinary

I also thought Vossen was not 100% almost losing possession every time he got the ball. A marked improvement when he went off. Never mind AK has now got time to sort this out. We should be capable of victory over any of the teams over two legs once the defence is back to normal.

IMO the reason why we conceded 4 goals is because we started the game very poorly as though we where mid table and nothing to play for and also when we go behind in a game we fall apart and stop playing our normal game... The stats for when we fall behind are shocking and if we concede first in the playoff's (Final especially) our season is probably over.

Its only my opinion but if we go in to the playoff's to cautious we can forget promotion.

Unfortunate HFLB I do not see us keeping some of our own players if we don't get promoted. Gibson Ayala Friend possibly even Adomah. Add to that the loss of Vossrm Bamford and Fred. AK will have major overhaul to contend with.

I said on here the other week if we don't go up our squad will be dismantled somewhat. Nearly all loans will be gone and we will probably sell some main permanent players..

George will be back for the play off games that is the most important aspect, no-one that I have seen is making an issue of the red card.

I acknowledge that a surprise result could occur tomorrow but surely we have it in us to beat Brighton last day of the season with or without George

1. Stick with the team that's been winning us games? If fit, The same team V Norwich except Fredericks in for Kalas.

2. If Bamford's not fit, who do you replace him with? Kike.

3. No more Kalas, so who gets the right back spot? Fredericks, All I have heard for the last 2 weeks or so is hes fit and ready to play so I'm assuming AK has held him back knowing Kalas`s loan was due to end plus it gives Fredericks time to be fully fit for the run in.

4. How do we go about winning this one? The same way we started against Wolves and Norwich but keep it up for longer and get the game put to bed as early as possible.

5. Who's more likely to bottle it out of Watford and Bournemouth? Both teams haven't been at their best the last couple of games but have done enough so its tough to say but at a push I would say Watford although I don't think either will mess it up now.

6. Wildschut and Ledesma scored for the u21's again, put either in the squad? It depends on injury's but I would always have Wildschut for hes pace on the break.

7. Is Eddie Howe a big babby? (there is only one answer) Yes.

8. How many more goals will Dean Whitehead score? None.

1. Stick with the team that's been winning us games? If fit, The same team V Norwich except Fredericks in for Kalas.

3. No more Kalas, so who gets the right back spot? Fredericks, All I have heard for the last 2 weeks or so is hes fit and ready to play so I'm assuming AK has held him back knowing Kalas`s loan was due to end plus it gives Fredericks time to be fully fit for the run in.

4. How do we go about winning this one? The same way we started against Wolves and Norwich but keep it up for longer and get the game put to bed as early as possible.

5. Who's more likely to bottle it out of Watford and Bournemouth? Both teams haven't been at their best the last couple of games but have done enough so its tough to say but at a push I would say Watford although I don't think either will mess it up now.

6. Wildschut and Ledesma scored for the u21's again, put either in the squad? It depends on injury's but I would always have Wildschut for hes pace on the break.

Is Eddie Howe a big babby?!! Can you translate?! If he is a big babby he is a very happy one!! Eddie Eddie Eddie Eddie Eddie Eddie Howe! Going up to the promised land! The 2 best teams going up! I will be there on Monday night! The greatest moment of my footballing life! 

Is Eddie Howe a big babby?!! Can you translate?! If he is a big babby he is a very happy one!! Eddie Eddie Eddie Eddie Eddie Eddie Howe! Going up to the promised land! The 2 best teams going up! I will be there on Monday night! The greatest moment of my footballing life! 

I really hope you choke and lose to an Emile Heskey winner in the 93rd minute :D

Watching FLS now (recorded it) - what a free kick from Grant at the beginning, teeing up that volley that just cleared the bar! That first pen was extremely soft, McCormack really was looking for that. Reachy's goal was superb. To be honest IMO the red card was fair enough, it was a very clumsy looking slide and it didn't even look like George was going for the ball. Lovely cross from Adomah for Ayala to head home. Kike's header was class - in fact all 3 goals were very, very good. Gutting end to the match, but what a fight. And by God we were loud!

The greatest moment of my footballing life! 

That says it all