oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Fulham (A) 3-4

Probably post my thoughts about who we get in the playoff's after the Brighton game but for the most part I'm out of here until the Semi finals match day thread...

You'll be back when Bournemouth drop points on Monday :)

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Probably post my thoughts about who we get in the playoff's after the Brighton game but for the most part I'm out of here until the Semi finals match day thread...

I find that hard to believe NB :D

After a few days the emotions you have clearly shown will be leaning towards the positive.

It is far from over my friend

Nothing is certain untill at least monday night NB. And as much as I don't like Neil Lennon he will have his team pumped up for a game on tv where he can spoil the party.

Gutted, really wish we'd held onto the point.

Maybe the bad start was down to one or two players being off-form? Vossen (who I'm amazed was fit) looked off the pace, and I can't remember Bamford contributing anything (except missing a stonewall sitter). Kike showed his class when he came on as did Reach who has definitely benefited from a rest. Forshaw never put a foot wrong either.

I thought their first goal was borderline offside, but the scorer wasn't marked and that was a defensive error. The first peno was sooo soft but gave us the kick up the backside we needed. The 3rd and 4th goals came from us manically chasing the game, however the 3rd may have been avoided as Ayala had just gone rampaging forwards and it left us short at the back.

A lot of the choices we made yesterday were made from inexperience and have highlighted several of the issues we need to address. Most of our players have never been in this situation before, but are now learning the hardest way possible and will be better players for it.

The lads must be gutted, I bet George will be inconsolable but he's been one of our players of the season and I hope he's taking it in his stride. Will he only miss one game? I heard a 3 match ban mentioned, that would be harsh.

Going forwards, all I ask is that we apply the intensity and attacking intent we showed when we were 2-0 and 3-1 down yesterday to ever minute of every game for the rest of the season - and beyond. That second half display was how we should approach every game from the first whistle. Whether it was mentality or personnel that made the difference I don't know but I hope AK can work it out and soon.

If we stay here I don't think the backbone of the side will change much as the players we own want to be here 100% and will be aching to put this right, unless we get a stupid offer of course! I am also not worried at all about losing Bamford, although he is very good he doesn't make the side, and actually yesterday Kike was far more productive in less time on pitch. And what a header that was!

Oh well, we knew it wasn't going to be good for our hearts but it looks like we are playoff bound, just glad it's likely Watford and Ballsmouth won't be there.

UTB!

Just seen the highlights, we certainly shouldn't have got that red card, also that kike header was a beauty

Can't remember ever being more gutted about a result than this one, don't fancy us for the playoffs either

still furious about the result,

i don't fancy us in the playoffs, we lack that killer instinct, we need a few more quality players, a proper striker who can finish and has a proven track record.

i don't know what it is with this team but we only come alive when we are up against it, we have to start playing with more intent to win, we can't rely on scoring one and defending it.

AK should sign a load of brazilians.

Why is everyone saying Ayala's wasn't a penalty when it clearly was? Their player wasn't going anywhere and he just needlessly barged him off the ball.

It was a stupid challenge.

Because the contact between him and mccormack was minimal and it wasn't a penalty?

Contact, no matter how minimal, is still contact, therefore a foul and therefore a penalty.

No im sorry but it isnt. No where in the rules does it say contact is a foul. This is ,or should be a contact sport. The contact has to be enough to make the player go to ground or similar and ayalas contact was nowhere near enough

Watching FLS now (recorded it) - what a free kick from Grant at the beginning, teeing up that volley that just cleared the bar! That first pen was extremely soft, McCormack really was looking for that. Reachy's goal was superb. To be honest IMO the red card was fair enough, it was a very clumsy looking slide and it didn't even look like George was going for the ball. Lovely cross from Adomah for Ayala to head home. Kike's header was class - in fact all 3 goals were very, very good. Gutting end to the match, but what a fight. And by God we were loud!

Think you summed it up perfectly mate. What great spirit we showed. Yes, pity we conceeded at the end but we would have all taken that finish if it was offered at 3-1 down. Well done to Reach too.

Whatever will be. UTB.

Does anyone else think leaving Tomlin as last man was an odd choice?

Nope, he was our shortest player who wasn't taking the corner

I did actually, I was going to post something about it.  Him being left as the last man was as bad a decision as Dimi going up for the corner.  Just a case of not thinking properly under pressure in my opinion, pretty much guaranteed that if we didn't score and they got the ball that they would probably score and we'd lose.

Putting aside his height I think he is a much better goal threat than the likes of Fredericks. While defensive he's poor. For me it was a choice that weakened us in two areas. May not have made a difference just tought it was odd.

Putting aside his height I think he is a much better goal threat than the likes of Fredericks. While defensive he's poor. For me it was a choice that weakened us in two areas. May not have made a difference just tought it was odd.

Fredericks was subbed off