oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Fulham (A) 3-4

fair enough, it's your call DS, but it does look as though we've all had a bit of a sense of humour failure on this forum.

Imagine the scenario, one of us, goes onto the Derby forum and notices that they are slagging off Aitor Karanka. The Boro fan then replies that he is basically doing a better job than Derby's manager.

The mods on that forum ban him and he comes back to the Oneboro forum saying that "that Derby lot are sore losers, I posted on their forum and I was banned by them".

We used to pride ourselves for being rational, tolerant fans on here, maybe the tension has got to us, but lately that doesn't seem to be the case.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

fair enough, it's your call DS, but it does look as though we've all had a bit of a sense of humour failure on this forum.

Imagine the scenario, one of us, goes onto the Derby forum and notices that they are slagging off Aitor Karanka. The Boro fan then replies that he is basically doing a better job than Derby's manager.

The mods on that forum ban him and he comes back to the Oneboro forum saying that "that Derby lot are sore losers, I posted on their forum and I was banned by them".

We used to pride ourselves for being rational, tolerant fans on here, maybe the tension has got to us, but lately that doesn't seem to be the case.

Did he really seem like he was interested in having any kind of reasoned discussion with anyone on this forum to you?

I think it's always interesting when supporters of other teams post, regardless of what they say. If they didn't there would just be the same old 10 people posting all the time, from the same standpoint.

Let's face it, if Oneboro banned wind up merchants quite a few of us would be out on our ear!

It's more the principle; banning someone because they are defending comments about their manager and celebrating a likely promotion seems wrong, when people can throw personal insults at other members, and in some cases use homophobic language, and nothing is done.

I think it's always interesting when supporters of other teams post, regardless of what they say. If they didn't there would just be the same old 10 people posting all the time, from the same standpoint.

Let's face it, if Oneboro banned wind up merchants quite a few of us would be out on our ear!

It's more the principle; banning someone because they are defending comments about their manager and celebrating a likely promotion seems wrong, when people can throw personal insults at other members, and in some cases use homophobic language, and nothing is done.

Think you will find action was taken regarding certain aspects of your 3rd paragraph.

Initially when the guy came on he was allowed his freedom of speech but there were elements that were leaning towards taking the Michael out of us, yes in retaliation of other comments, but I felt that he was getting deliberate in the wum area.

Pity that again a thread has ended on a moderation issue which has nothing to do with the match day thread at all, but as they say "can't win them all" :shy:

Just managed to watch the highlights after being so down about the result. And it cheered me up slightly. If we play the way we did second half we'll be fine in the play offs. Just reiterated a couple of points

i) why are we so slow to start?

ii) I really really dislike Dross McCormack

In regards the Bournemouth fan. Theres nothing wrong with defending ur manager/team but coming on to celebrate a likely promotion on the forum of the club who's expense its at, reeks of a wum and can't see any good from it or letting it run on

In all of the groaning about the build up to the 4th goal, no one has mentioned what a awful ball it was from Boro into the box that set the whole thing up in the first place!

You win and lose as a team!

Oops, there's nothing much else to say about that match, that hasn't already been said.

Apart from; if only Lee Tomlin had taken him out on the half way line, a red card would have been worth a point.

That made me smile BWS and please do not think my comment was aimed at you as an individual, it was a generalisation that's all but will apologise if it came out the wrong way.

Have tried to do a lot for the forum recently in terms of for the members benefit and individual members support and perhaps I took this latest moderation moan a bit too personally :-/  

if only Lee Tomlin had taken him out on the half way line, a red card would have been worth a point.

completely agree with this

i didn't notice it at the time, but when i finally managed to watch the FL show i actually said out loud "bring him down" when the move was unfolding.

doesn't matter though, it's happened now

That goal could have been avoided so many ways, bad cross, albert then whacked it straight back in again, from the rebound and the direction of the rotation of the earth, Tomlin was unbalanced - yet - Dimi actually made it back to the goal and had he been there right from the start it's hard to see how Ross Mc wouldn't have rounded him anyway.

Like VB says, we win and lose as a team, no-one to blame for that one, onwards and upwards!

UTB!

That goal could have been avoided so many ways, bad cross, albert then whacked it straight back in again, from the rebound and the direction of the rotation of the earth, Tomlin was unbalanced - yet - Dimi actually made it back to the goal and had he been there right from the start it's hard to see how Ross Mc wouldn't have rounded him anyway.

Like VB says, we win and lose as a team, no-one to blame for that one, onwards and upwards!

UTB!

Or even DS :D