• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Play a strong team, but don't play ANY players who are carrying niggles. We still need to take this game seriously, go into the playoffs on the back of a win and wrap up third.

I completely agree with all of that.

Forget the disappointment of the last match, sign off in style in front of a sell-out crowd and hope that most of them come back for the play-off match to cheer us on to Wembley.

Play a strong team, but don't play ANY players who are carrying niggles. We still need to take this game seriously, go into the playoffs on the back of a win and wrap up third.

Forget the disappointment of the last match, sign off in style in front of a sell-out crowd and hope that most of them come back for the play-off match to cheer us on to Wembley.

I'm of this inclination too! UTB

I'm of this inclination too! UTB

+1 from me, sign off the season with a good win, get at Brighton early and there could be a hatful, not 20 mind

I was checking the forum yesterday and it was hard to resist posting anything, I just wanted to avoid all things Boro until Saturday but its not happening...

I agree, Play a strong team but rest key players/ Players who might have niggles.

There are a number of players that we can't afford to lose to injury or suspension, I would say they are Dimi, Ayala, Adomah and Bamford. I would play a weaker side, but one that could still win. I'd go:

Meijas

Tiendalli Woodgate Omeruo Amorebieta

Clayton Foreshaw

Nsue Tomlin Reach

Kike

I was checking the forum yesterday and it was hard to resist posting anything, I just wanted to avoid all things Boro until Saturday but its not happening...

I agree, Play a strong team but rest key players/ Players who might have niggles.

Knew you'd be back sooner rather than later. Welcome back :D

Catch 22 is it not as it will be preferable to finish 3rd though could see Wildschut involved in the squad and maybe even Ledesma, Carayol would not figure would he?

Excellent o/p by the way BU

Knew you'd be back sooner rather than later. Welcome back :D

All I do is think Boro and the forum is to addicting to stay off it... I just get to worked up at times :)

Finish 3rd and our games are night ones and as AK has eluded to we seem to play better at night rather than the 12:15 kick offs that we will have to play on the Saturday ties.

For this reason AK will play a strong team and want to win the game.

its going to have a kind of wierd feeling to the game for me  i just cant get over the feeling of anti-climax to it all  and havent really  managed to get totally excited about being in the play offs tbh . even though deep down its what i thought would happen half a dozen games out . As for the line up   theres a small number of players within the squad who may suprisingly faeture  as more of a last chance saloon kind of thing in some cases to  persude the powers that be  to persevere with them  or cast them out in the break between seasons ,  (mejias, wildschutt, ledesma   whitehead, )   but would too many changes do too much damage . id  like us to give the bumper crowd a huge win to finish off with so id like to see an attacking line up   with two up and tomlin in the hole  and try without the  holding mids for a one off ,  (4-3-1 2)   that would accomodate leadbitter clayton and forshaw  .  but ive a feeling that  we will rest 3 or 4  key players so who knows what team will take the pitch .

What is the situation with Carayol? Obviously he can't play for Brighton, but can he play for us? Is his loan officially over, or is it only 'finished' in the sense that he can't play for them this weekend?

What is the situation with Carayol? Obviously he can't play for Brighton, but can he play for us? Is his loan officially over, or is it only 'finished' in the sense that he can't play for them this weekend?

I would imagine that he will be unavailable due to the loan, its like Husband they have not recalled him either.

Hard to say if he would have added anything to our run in games before this judging on reports however he could be very useful I the play off legs as I do not see Wildschut nor Ledesma getting a look in what so ever