oneBoro Forum

I watched Carayol for Brighton on the weekend and the work rate he put in was about 25% of an Adomah 90 minutes. I don't think he's going to have the work ethic to make it into AK's long term plans, but could be wrong.

I'd like to see us play more attacking from now on. Our mentality when we were 2-0 and 1 man down was perfect, we just need a rocket up our backsides clearly. it is a purely mental thing with us. Watching Bournemouth last night I was fully impressed, there wasn't a moment where you thought they weren't going to win it, there was an overwhelming sense of belief and entitlement from the players AND the fans.

We can go up if we can get our heads straight for 4 games in a row.

Be interesting to see if it is a full-house, or if some of the Champagne Charlies will stay away as promotion is no longer riding on it.... Whatever, I'm going for a scratchy win that will see us into front seat of the roller-coaster!

UTB

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Reach needs to start this one.

Crayola will be back for the playoffs. I think the loan period to Brighton was to give him some match fitness, so it gives us more options on the left hand side. Tbh, he's more of an impact player something which we've lacked so far this season.

This game is all about getting 3 points and avoiding any injuries or stupid red cards.

This one is going to be a tricky balance. On the one hand you want to rest the key players who have been carrying niggles (Bamford, Dimi etc) but on the other hand we can't get into a "it's ok to lose" mentality, we need to win to secure 3rd and carry momentum into playoffs.

Think Reach, Forshaw and Kike should all start, give them a chance to play their way into first team contention. Would imagine the bench would have Ledesma, Wildshut and others too.

Would love to see Woody start what would likely be his last game for us  too

Carayol thinks he's available for the game. If Karana thinks he could have an impact on the play offs then it might make sense to start him in this game.

Sounds like he's loan has ended so hopefully he's available and gets a run out on Saturday even if its only for 20 minutes.

I have to say I think this game is super important, infact I would also say a must win, it affects so much... who we play in the play-offs and the confidence going into the play-offs. I'm excited and really hope we tonk these and have a mass forum meet at Wembley :D

Carayol thinks he's available for the game. If Karana thinks he could have an impact on the play offs then it might make sense to start him in this game.

Sounds like he's loan has ended so hopefully he's available and gets a run out on Saturday even if its only for 20 minutes.

Hes been awfull for brighton. I dont think well see him till next season

Before people get too excited about us winning 19-0 on Saturday, I think they need to remember that it also requires Bournemouth to lose now.... following our defeat v Fulham.

[sending Dimi up for that corner was a very poor decision. We'd still have something to play for if that hadn't happened].

Cheers.

Before people get too excited about us winning 19-0 on Saturday, I think they need to remember that it also requires Bournemouth to lose now.... following our defeat v Fulham.

[sending Dimi up for that corner was a very poor decision. We'd still have something to play for if that hadn't happened].

Cheers.

I don't think anyone was seriously thinking we were going for a 19-0 win. The decision about Dimi hasn't really changed anything, Bournemouth don't look like slipping up and they deserve to go up.

Think people are getting carried away with a 19-0 win I mean has something like that ever happened?

Anyway if charlton beat Bournemouth 3-0 it means we'd only have to win 16-0 which is much more achievable ;)

I know the whole Dimi thing has kind of been done..... BUT, if we had that one point from the draw, we'd be two points behind Bournemouth right now. There is a CHANCE that they could have choked on the last day, screwed up, and lost. If we win v Brighton, then we'd be up in second.

A long shot I agree.... but at least a shot.

By going not sticking with that valuable point we effectively game Bournemouth two games/chances to get the three points they needed, and didn't leave ourselves with the chance of having anything to play for against Brighton. I find that frustrating.

Some others do.... some don't.

Still.... I guess I need to move on !!!

Cheers.

You are right. It hasn't happened. The biggest league win ever is 13-0.... so realistically, if we can match that then we need Charlton to win 6-0.

Good point though. I wasn't factoring in how much damage Charlton could do.

Cheers.

Think everyone needs to let Dimi's corner go. I personally think Bournemouth would have won both games anyway and what's been done cannot be changed. Let's just get behind the lads on Saturday to lift their confidence for the play offs.