• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Awful performance. The balance of the side was wrong, the energy was embarrassing, and most of all, the passing and movement of the players was pitiful. When we've been pushing for a goal at home this season you could see that the players desperately wanted to score, but today they didn't seem to have the normal drive and commitment. Ayala and Gibson done well, and that's about it. Amorebieta and Tiendalli both struggled in the full back roles.

The most important thing is that we got a favourable play off draw, and considering it's the team the majority on here wanted we can't be too disappointed. Karanka seemed vey happy that Derby missed out on the play offs.

I think we played for 4th from about 60 minutes onwards, the players all seemed happy to just knock it about and not really go forwards. I've also read someone on Twitter claiming that Karanka signalled to Leadbitter to just hold onto what we had.

Karanka's substitutions didn't exactly seem like we were throwing the kitchen sink at them. When Reach was warming up I was wondering if he would come on at LB, similar to how we've occasionally put Adomah to RB when we're pushing for a goal. Plus when we had a corner late into stoppage time we chose no to put Dimi up. I won't criticise Karanka if he would have preferred Brentford over Ipswich, but there seemed to be a strange feel about the game.

Karanka's substitutions didn't exactly seem like we were throwing the kitchen sink at them. When Reach was warming up I was wondering if he would come on at LB, similar to how we've occasionally put Adomah to RB when we're pushing for a goal. Plus when we had a corner late into stoppage time we chose no to put Dimi up. I won't criticise Karanka if he would have preferred Brentford over Ipswich, but there seemed to be a strange feel about the game.

When he brought Reach on over Muzzy it rang alarm bells to me and at that point I believed that we were settling for the draw. Portman road has never been a happy hunting ground for us so at the moment I'll trust Karanka's judgement on that one of it was deliberate.

I don't think it was planned at all to be honest. It only took a goal from ipswich at the time and we would have been playing them anyway. The play off fixtures were never in our hands really it was always going to be decided elsewhere.

Bad performance all round today but i can sort of understand the players not flying about the pitch risking getting injured.

I think we played for 4th from about 60 minutes onwards, the players all seemed happy to just knock it about and not really go forwards. I've also read someone on Twitter claiming that Karanka signalled to Leadbitter to just hold onto what we had.

Yeah it was only the first 60 mins that we were actually trying to win it.  Not that you'd have known it mind! :)