oneBoro Forum

I think we played for 4th from about 60 minutes onwards, the players all seemed happy to just knock it about and not really go forwards. I've also read someone on Twitter claiming that Karanka signalled to Leadbitter to just hold onto what we had.

Yeah it was only the first 60 mins that we were actually trying to win it.  Not that you'd have known it mind! :)

:D I'm not saying we made a good go of it or anything but i just think we would've pushed so much more at the end if we had really wanted to win the game, there was just no drive at all even after our substitutions which were puzzling at best.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we played for 4th from about 60 minutes onwards, the players all seemed happy to just knock it about and not really go forwards. I've also read someone on Twitter claiming that Karanka signalled to Leadbitter to just hold onto what we had.

Yeah it was only the first 60 mins that we were actually trying to win it.  Not that you'd have known it mind! :)

:D I'm not saying we made a good go of it or anything but i just think we would've pushed so much more at the end if we had really wanted to win the game, there was just no drive at all even after our substitutions which were puzzling at best.

I know mate, I completely agree with your analysis of the situation.  I think it's a poor show not trying to win a game and it's one of those things in life that sometimes come back to bite you on the ***...

I know mate, I completely agree with your analysis of the situation.  I think it's a poor show not trying to win a game and it's one of those things in life that sometimes come back to bite you on the ***...

I agree that it's not really the right thing to do to but if Karanka believes we are better suited to play Brentford rather than Ipswich then I can't argue with it too much.

Blowing automatic promotion I wouldn't really expect it to be hitting the ceiling to be fair.

The bench were happy with the result, the brass not so much. The lads are off to Marbella this week to get their heads sorted out. Morale is not where it should be.

Where should it be?

Who are the brass and why aren't they happy?

Why would the lads go to Marbella instead of training?

How long did it take for you to make this stuff up?

If 'the lads' don't go to Marbella this week, can theinsider get banned, please?

Rubbish game today. Atmosphere was flat, team did little to improve it.

I like Kike, he's a tryer, but he is not getting the ball in the net enough. That said, the service was pants today. Tiendalli won't play again, Amorebieta seems like a decent centre back, but left-back he is not.

I can't blame the team for settling for the draw and not wanting to get injured, to be honest.

Yes, the 33,000 deserved a win, deserved a goal or two, but I'm sure people will soon forget if a fully-fit Boro get to Wembley.

Couple of personal highlights:

1. Ayala looks like he's fully fit and committed. A few cracking tackles and got straight back up afterwards.

2. Clayton looked very tidy again after a few scrappy games in recent times.

3. A bloke I overheard at half-time grumbling: 'It's as if we've just settled for the playoffs today". What, as opposed to going for the 19-0 win?!

The bench were happy with the result, after all Aitor did say to them before the game "go fourth and make me proud..." (at least I think that's what he said...) The brass band not so much. They had composed a special piece to play after todays game: 'an ode to third'

The lads are off to Marbella this week to get absolutely karanka'd. Also dwight wants to try out his new toilet attendant line: "no armani, no tiendalli"...

Karanka is also confused as he definitely ordered more ale for the 'getting fourth' party, however the Morale is not where it should be...

Edited for accuracy.

• Like 1

The bench were happy with the result, after all Aitor did say to them before the game "go fourth and make me proud..." (at least I think that's what he said...) The brass band not so much. They had composed a special piece to play after todays game: 'an ode to third'

The lads are off to Marbella this week to get absolutely karanka'd. Also dwight wants to try out his new toilet attendant line: "no armani, no tiendalli"...

Karanka is also confused as he  definitely ordered more ale for the 'getting fourth' party, however the Morale is not where it should be...

Edited for accuracy.

Superb. Have a +1

Yesterday was such a damp squib I had to convince myself to come on here to give mg thoughts. Firstly the positives great seeing the riverside full to the brim, great build up,fantastic atmosphere as the teams came out and in the touching tribute to Steve Gibson. Unfortunately that's where the positives ended.

We played the usual 4231 formation with tiendelli at right back who looked sluggish struggled to pick out a pass and put one half decent cross in despite getting into decent positions, didn't want to get past and support adomah at all.

Ayala gibbo and dimi all did their limited jobs well.

Fernando at left back was quite clearly a cb playing lb. Very sluggish, great in the air but we basically played the whole game with no left wing. Held the line well but managed 1 good ball to the box and at least 3 horrenous ones.

Leadbitfer and Clayton took a long time over a lot of their passing and lacked accuracy as they passed to where the full backs should have been. Since we basically played one upfront who they couldn't find, there was a lot of sideways passing. With Tomlin's cutting in and foreshaws falling back, long bits of the game looked like 4 cm's getting in each others way.

Adomah for me was one of the only players to come out with credit, noticeable better with a decent rb like nsue playing with him, but he was basically the only outlet until reach came on. Like I feel sorry for because he worked his socks off but the system we out out was awful.

Karanka set the team out completely wrong and the players responded with a cautious performance with no one really giving their all. So many square pegs in round holes stopped the team playing their natural game and it was a real shame for the crowd. Even with suspensions injuries etc, I think the following team would have offered us a better showing:

Dimi

Nsue Ayala Gibson reach

Foreshaw lead bitter

Adomah Tomlin carayol

Even if you took carayol out and reach at left wing and gibbo left back, it looks a lot more natural...

Anyhow, the game was a dead rubber and karanka will be setting up much better against Brentford. It was clear they didn't want any suspensions or injuries from this game but I'm now really looking forward to the Brentford game.

In all of the build up and the pre match atmosphere and the full house no one has mentioned it but how often do you hear the phrase of silencing their crowd when we play away?

All the time but silencing you own crowd well that's a new one!

Good points : beers in Isaac Wilson before match (every pint less than £2!) , usual good crack with Oneboro guys (and girl Jen) , 33,000 singing for Steve Gibson , pork dinner over the road from Maccy D after the match , well we would all have probably chosen Brentford , Derby haha

bad points : the game , leadbitter's passing was shocking , what was the point of the Fulham lad on the wing! , atmosphere flat

In all of the build up and the pre match atmosphere and the full house no one has mentioned it but how often do you hear the phrase of silencing their crowd when we play away?

All the time but silencing you own crowd well that's a new one!

Not even kidding, at one point in the second half I completely zoned out for about 5 minutes as NOTHING was happening.

Good points : beers in Isaac Wilson before match (every pint less than £2!) , usual good crack with Oneboro guys (and girl Jen) , 33,000 singing for Steve Gibson , pork dinner over the road from Maccy D after the match , well we would all have probably chosen Brentford , Derby haha

bad points : the game , leadbitter's passing was shocking , what was the point of the Fulham lad on the wing! , atmosphere flat

The pork dinner shop opposite MD's is a must pre or post match. Deeeeeelicious!!!!!!