oneBoro Forum

I know Bamford and Vossen were not training earlier any updates with regards to them at all?

Bamford was not up to speed against Fulham that was evident but I do hope he gets game time on Saturday.

Of course I want a win on Saturday, the only thing I do not want is for Bournemouth to lose which will see us missing out on goal difference, that will be a real kick in the you know where

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you compare the current situation DS to what might have been. The pressure is now off Bournemouth so they may lose but might have been different if they had it all to play for, different set of circumstances.

I don't think you compare the current situation DS to what might have been. The pressure is now off Bournemouth so they may lose but might have been different if they had it all to play for, different set of circumstances.

I don't reckon that the situation is that different. Bournemouth will be TOTALLY trying to win against Charlton, as they want to win the Championship title. There is still pressure. I agree with DS. I hope that Bournemouth AT LEAST draw, and then even if we win, we'd still be 3rd in the league.... even if we'd stuck at 3-3 last weekend.

I actually want Watford to win the league though, as all the diving penalties that Callum Wilson has been awarded for Bournemouth are a bit irksome.

Also, I still can't believe that Watford only dropped 5 points out of 66 in all their fixtures against the bottom 11 teams. We dropped 24...... so I guess that's where we really lost it.

Regardless.... let's hope that we play well and win on Saturday, and restore a bit of confidence.

Cheers.

I think Reach will start after he looked good last week. Muzzy might get the 2nd half.

With friend out muzzy may play on the left has our cover at LB aren't has good attacking.

The top priority from this game has got to be not to take any risks with players that are carrying injuries like Adomah, Bamford and Vossen. If we get one of them ruled out for the play offs then our chances will be dramatically cut. We could finish 3rd and get a harder draw than if we finished 4th so there isn't a huge amount riding on which position we finish. I'd be happy for Kike to start with someone like Fewster on the bench to replace him if the result is comfortable on 70 minutes. Our second priority should be to win the game so that we go into the play offs full of confidence. And lastly, if possible, I hope we can help integrate Carayol back into the team if Karanka thinks he could be an important player in the play offs for us, same with the RB position as Frederick's has only returned from injury and Tiendalli has barely featured for us. It seems that Wildschut is that far down Karanka's plans that he has no chance of featuring unfortunately.

The top priority from this game has got to be not to take any risks with players that are carrying injuries like Adomah, Bamford and Vossen. If we get one of them ruled out for the play offs then our chances will be dramatically cut. We could finish 3rd and get a harder draw than if we finished 4th so there isn't a huge amount riding on which position we finish. I'd be happy for Kike to start with someone like Fewster on the bench to replace him if the result is comfortable on 70 minutes. Our second priority should be to win the game so that we go into the play offs full of confidence. And lastly, if possible, I hope we can help integrate Carayol back into the team if Karanka thinks he could be an important player in the play offs for us, same with the RB position as Frederick's has only returned from injury and Tiendalli has barely featured for us. It seems that Wildschut is that far down Karanka's plans that he has no chance of featuring unfortunately.

I only want us to finish 3rd so we are guaranteed to play on Friday nights.. Much better atmosphere and it's a great time to have a drink apposed to Saturday at 12:15pm.. Not bothered who we play.

I'm sure I read if we finish 4th and Derby 5th Ipswich & Norwich would be made to play the early game.

Reckon we'll give some fringe players an opportunity to impress.

----------------Ripley/Mejias-------------------

------Amore-----Omeruo------Woodgate-----

------------Whitehead---Forshaw-------------

Nsue----------------Tomlin--------------Reach

--------Bamford---------------Kike-------------

Karanka won't make wholesale changes. If someone doesn't play it will because they're carrying an injury that he doesn't want to risk. I think we will start with(working on the assumption that Adomah, Vossen and Bamford won't be risked):

Dimi; Fredericks, Ayala, Gibson, Amorebieta; Clayton, Leadbitter; Ledesma, Tomlin, Reach; Kike.

With Carayol coming on for the last 20 minutes.

I'm in agreement with those saying that there won't be wholesale changes. Hoping for comfortable 2-0 win with the following team. I wish I was at the Riverside for this one; regardless of there nt being anything riding on it but a packed out Riverside would be amazing to be in and witness the atmosphere.

Dimi

Freddy Ayala Amoribieta Gibson

Forshaw Clayton

Bamford Tomlin Adomah

Kike

Muzzy and Reach to come on and Vossen to make an appearance too.

UTB.