• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

You could argue that Brentford created a few but didnt take their chances despite pressing hard and in the second half especially Boro created little and won it with a goal that took a heavy deflection off Bidwell and wrong footed the keeper.  Boro's late winner had a slice of luck to it which was why I think a draw would have been a fair result. But of course I'll take it back to the Riverside anyway:)

Our second goal was no more fortuitous than their only goal.

Yep, exactly what I was going to say

Not to mention at least our second goal came off a shot that rebounded in a box. nothing can be done about that and that is unlucky for Brentford, I appreciate the deflection was fortuitous. all dimi needed to do was put his foot through it, not even unlucky for boro. just plain stupid and an absolute gift

I think it was kind of funny that every time the ball hit our player in our box brentford appealed for handball regardless of how and where the ball hit, and in the end or winner came after a heavy deflection which was actually off Bidwells arm (I think)

I think it was kind of funny that every time the ball hit our player in our box brentford appealed for handball regardless of how and where the ball hit, and in the end or winner came after a heavy deflection which was actually off Bidwells arm (I think)

That's very ironic because when I went to the Brentford v Boro game a few months back it was our fans getting the stick from the Brentford fans for appealing for handball too much. At one point there were about 6 or 7 consecutive headers in the middle of the park late in the game, and the Brentford fans shouted 'handball' each time, obv taking the mick out of us.

To be fair, I had a little giggle with em about it (I was sitting in the home end).

That's very ironic because when I went to the Brentford v Boro game a few months back it was our fans getting the stick from the Brentford fans for appealing for handball too much. At one point there were about 6 or 7 consecutive headers in the middle of the park late in the game, and the Brentford fans shouted 'handball' each time, obv taking the mick out of us.

To be fair, I had a little giggle with em about it (I was sitting in the home end).

I thought it was vice-versa. We kept on shouting handball sarcastically every time one of their players picked up the ball for a throw in or corner after they appealed anytime a boro player dared to breathe in the vicinity of a Brentford player.

Bamford didn't look fit in the first leg, I would at a guess say he was playing at about 80% maximum... Would it be better to play Kike in the second leg and try to get Bamford as close to 100% for the final...Of course if we actually make it.

Bamford looked the only one off the pace and I was surprised when AK substituted Vossen for Forshaw and thought he might have changed Bamford for Kike at that stage or even brought Forshaw on and push Vossen higher. Vossen had a really good game IMO it has taken the whole season but I think we are starting to see his ability.

I can't see AK not starting with Bamford the games since Norwich have shown that he will start with Bamford before Kike even if he's not fit.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/boro-news-live-updates-opinion-9229648

Some great gallery pics from Friday.

Number 8 our very own Red Rocket (blue glasses fro those who have not met her)

Unfortunate mid-snap moment for photo no.2! Either that or he's had 12 pints before hand :)

I cant see him not starting bamford either, personally I think a 75% fit bamford is more of a threat than kike anyway, even if it's just a psychological thing for opposing centre backs. Hopefully the minutes on the pitch will help him be fit for the (potential) final.

Very good away win, but boy do we make hard work of things!

What were we doing at the start with all the bookings and stupid passes, Tomlin was lucky to get sent off in the first 15 minutes. We looked very nervy and struggled to do a few basic things at times, some of the passing was really poor. Not sure what Dimi was thinking for their goal, should really have just put his foot through it, great save just after though!

Vossen looked sharp, but Bamford looked a bit leggy, guess hes still carrying an injury. Was good to win it right a the death though, hopefully we can see the return leg through without to much issues on Friday.