oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford (A) Play off S/F 1st leg 2-1

My take as a barstool spectator. We are still not back to our best. The Vossen and Bamford link up play is abysmal. Bamford has lost his touch, goes down very easily. I would play Vossen with Kike in the return leg. Drop Bamford and Tomlin. Tomlin for all is skill and creativity rarely finds a decent forward pass.

A typical AK solid defence ( Apart from a diabolical mistake by Dimi) No worries there. attack

Adomah Vossen Reach

Kike

We need to get our strike play sorted if we want promotion.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we certainly had our fair share of luck either way but will take that result anyday.

Surprised at the discipline on show and for a time thought we would be down to 10 men but boy it was a rough and tumble sort of game.

PB clearly not at his best lets hope he is sharper next week in a game whereby a draw will be enough

My take as a barstool spectator. We are still not back to our best. The Vossen and Bamford link up play is abysmal. Bamford has lost his touch, goes down very easily. I would play Vossen with Kike in the return leg. Drop Bamford and Tomlin. Tomlin for all is skill and creativity rarely finds a decent forward pass.

A typical AK solid defence ( Apart from a  diabolical mistake by Dimi) No worries there.  attack

Adomah  Vossen  Reach

Kike

We need to get our strike play  sorted if we want promotion.

To be fair bamford played unselfishly today he was holding the ball up well and playing others in, played okay considering we were out of possession most of the game.

A typical AK solid defence ( Apart from a  diabolical mistake by Dimi) No worries there.  attack

Adomah  Vossen  Reach

Kike

We need to get our strike play  sorted if we want promotion.

Vossen has a great awareness on the ball, passes well, and works hard defensively too. When he doesn't defend we lose that high pressing which helps us, and Kike comes on. Bamford has scored a lot so can produce goals others wouldn't get. Tomlin is dangerous, and worked hard defensively today.

Kind of like the NBA finals, players are expected to defend hard now, but they were selected so we can score.

All players make mistakes, but our attitude couldn't be doubted today.

Does anyone know if you can buy the home leg tickets online.. I assume so but thought I would ask... Thanks in advance.

Yes you an, I bought one online

Does anyone know if you can buy the home leg tickets online.. I assume so but thought I would ask... Thanks in advance.

Yes you an, I bought one online

Cheers mate, I cant find any information on what time they go on sale but I assume its 9/10am...... The second leg should be sold out by this time tomorrow.

We need to boot Pritchard and Jota off the park

It's basically out of you, Mourinho and Guardiola as to who is the best manager in the world I reckon  ;)   :D

Karanka will do well to follow my advice in the future too.

We need to boot Pritchard and Jota off the park

It's basically out of you, Mourinho and Guardiola as to who is the best manager in the world I reckon  ;)   :D

Karanka will do well to follow my advice in the future too.

:)  Simplistic brilliance.