• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed when Adomah picked up a yellow card the graphics had him on 9.. Aren't yellows wiped out for the final.

Ye I noticed that, I'm pretty sure everyone starts with a clean slate after 46 games?

It doesn't matter anyway, the threshold went from 10 yellows up to 15 in April, thats how Clayton avoided being suspended, he's on 12 or something.

Is it a bit sad I'm considering re-watching the game tonight with a pizza? :D

I want to hear the commentary.

Same here RR. Obviously I watched in a Greek bar with music on, didn't hear a word of commentary. Want to watch again once I'm home!

Would be quite interested to know what BoroBee thought of the match.....

Cmon I know you're out there :)

Watched the game from my bees season ticket seat which was a bit awkward to be honest. When the second goal went in i was half way to my feet before i remembered where i was. Think i did a half decent job of being neutral.

Thought we did a professional job on Brentford, it wasnt pretty from the Boro but it was a job well done. Bees mates were gutted to let that late goal in and i have some sympathy with them. A draw would have been fair but they didnt put their chances away and thats football. i thought Boro showed real class and that was the difference.

As i mentioned before Andre Gray always misses a sitter or two and the centre backs usually make a mistake which gets punished (fVossen goal).. Second half there was only one team that wanted to play football but we closed them out and nicked a late winner. You could say thats a bit naive but they always play like that and to be honest ive seen some cracking games this season.

Looking forward to another cracker on Friday!

We may not of played the most attractive football on friday but it was effective. We have been at our best this season when we have out worked and muscled the over team. I hope we go into the next two games with the same attitude, if we have to kick lumps out of the other players to get to the premier league then so be it.

Don't think a draw would have been a fair result to be honest. It's our style to soak up pressure and granted Gray missed a sitter but that's not our luck that is Brentford being bad. Apart from the missed sitter I think, despite all the intent, they offered very littl and wouldn't have scored barring the howler. We deserve to win completely.

Can't believe some people say ref was good. I thought he was shocking, some of the freekickw were never freekickw and his yellow card inconsistency was a joke. I think there were 3 yellows in that game. 2 for us 1 for them.

I went Friday and felt we were in total control until their goal.

The front line looked dangerous in most instances and Vossen looked keen (in the warm up he was smashing them in, only recall him missing one which crashed against the cross bar).

Ayala was an absolute ROCK. He just gets to everything even if it's just sticking a foot on the ball. You could tell the difference between having him in the team instead of Ken the last time we played them

Great cross and great goal, real shame we could get to 2-0 with the other Vossen chance.

I felt we were going to march forward after half time

THEN WE CONCEDED

We have a tendency to just shut up shop and trust in our effective defensive game to get us to the final whistle. We have pretty much got away with it all season but it certainly isn't the best way to play, especially if we go up.

Another thing I would of liked to of seen more is pressing when we don't have the ball in the opposing half. We always back off let the opposition get the to half way to make their way through our 11 men.

Whilst it is a solid way of playing which clearly work it would be great to see us run down the goalie or close down defenders giving them chance to make mistakes. Lots of teams do this and it works

The last 20minutes was like watching a one sided beat down where it felt like we were on the end of a hiding. It didn't feel like we were being very positive and playing for the draw

I would say that most times we had a set piece we got to the ball first and caused a bit of mayhem in their box so as the game went on the only way you see us getting another was from a set piece

Then BOOOOOOOOM

I was right behind the right side of the goal and initially frustrated that Grant didn't see Fernando's run however that was arguebly the best part of the build up as it left a couple of the Brentford team ball watching to allow us to take the lead

I was in the terraces and it went absolutely BONKERS!! Maddest celebration this season, better than when we got to 3-3 vs Fulham

Not doing the home leg as moving but believe we'll win again

Don't think a draw would have been a fair result to be honest. It's our style to soak up pressure and granted Gray missed a sitter but that's not our luck that is Brentford being bad. Apart from the missed sitter I think, despite all the intent, they offered very littl and wouldn't have scored barring the howler. We deserve to win completely.

Exactly this. How can a team that, if it wasn't for a howler from our keeper/defenders, still wouldn't have scored against us this season possibly deserve to win or even draw? They are a team that has everything but a really good goalscorer and it shows, if Gray was more clinical we could've lost that game but he isn't and we won.

You could argue that Brentford created a few but didnt take their chances despite pressing hard and in the second half especially Boro created little and won it with a goal that took a heavy deflection off Bidwell and wrong footed the keeper. Boro's late winner had a slice of luck to it which was why I think a draw would have been a fair result. But of course I'll take it back to the Riverside anyway:)

You could argue that Brentford created a few but didnt take their chances despite pressing hard and in the second half especially Boro created little and won it with a goal that took a heavy deflection off Bidwell and wrong footed the keeper.  Boro's late winner had a slice of luck to it which was why I think a draw would have been a fair result. But of course I'll take it back to the Riverside anyway:)

Our second goal was no more fortuitous than their only goal.

You could argue that Brentford created a few but didnt take their chances despite pressing hard and in the second half especially Boro created little and won it with a goal that took a heavy deflection off Bidwell and wrong footed the keeper.  Boro's late winner had a slice of luck to it which was why I think a draw would have been a fair result. But of course I'll take it back to the Riverside anyway:)

Our second goal was no more fortuitous than their only goal.

Yep, exactly what I was going to say