oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford (A) Play off S/F 1st leg 2-1

How's everyone's nerves, Are you confidant?... Be honest, Do you think we will get past Brentford?.. I am getting nervouse now and have a bad feeling that we are going to be knocked out by Brentford..It might be because I'm desperate for us to get promoted but I genuinely have a bad feeling about this tie.

I'm actually quite excited but will be a nervous wreck when kick off approaches. We've just got to be pleased that we still have a very good chance to go up still. The second leg will be something special if things go our way tomorrow. I'd take a 0-0 or 1-0 narrow defeat now as I'm quietly confident of beating them again at our place

Im really not sure exited is the word id use......can we not just fast forward to sat morning

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not that nervous at minute, probably because the tie is over two legs and nothing should be settled tomorrow. Come this time next week and I will be a wreck.

I feel like im waiting for an operation. Youve wanted it for months and now its here but your really nervous just incase something goes wrong and even if it doesnt you know that when you wake up in the morning there is a lot of pain still to come.....

How many tickets do you think will be available for general sale on Saturday morning for the home game.

I would think about 15k to 17k

Wonder if it will be a sell out by Saturday night?..

How many tickets do you think will be available for general sale on Saturday morning for the home game.

I'm guessing sold out by 5 o'clock monday.

Brentford away was one of those games where yoy think "how the hell have we won this". Like others I would be happy to have something to still be in the second leg and anything else is a bonus. They will be bouyed by that game against us and what could have been, and after seeing how most teams beat us they will likely just attack us from the off. But it does say something when we beat them in their "poor spell at the start of the season" but then we beat them in their good spell too. Hope we have a fully fit first 11 and dont pick players with niggles. I would actually go for:

Dimi

Fred

Ayala

Gibson

Friend

Leadbitter

Clayton

Adomah

Tomlin

Reach

Bamford

Dont get me wrong Reach does my head in at times but this isnt a game for Tomlin/Adomah on the left. Play people in their positions and try to make sure Bamford is the one with the chance to finish.

Questions:

1. What team will AK choose?

Dimi

Fred Ayala Gibson Friend

Leadbitter Clayton

Adomah Tomlin Reach

Bamford

2. Who will fill in the problem left wing area for us, and why would you choose them?

Reach will. He will get up and down and keep us compact. Then Carayol can come on when they are tired.

3. Will AK play for a draw in the first leg?

We will almost certainly play not to concede.

4. Will playing both legs on a Friday night actually suit us, or is it all mind games?

Although it could be dismissed as superstition being rubbish in early kick offs might have affected players' confidence.

5. Who do you want to win the other play off?

Norwich deserve it more. But think we have a better chance against Ipswich.

Would be a perfect final. Wembley. Reds versus blues.

6. If we fail to go up, will this season be a success or failure in your eyes?

Weren't we something like 4th bottom when Karanka arrived? 4th bottom to 4th top has to be seen as a success. But I can understand fans frustration at us not capitalising on chance to go up automatically.

But if we win play off final at Wembley that will be an occasion that will live forever in Boro fans memory - whatever happens next season. Would finishing second have had the same resonating poignancy?

Nerves starting to kick in - feeling hopeful though over two playoff legs. Must not throw it away in the first leg, just have enough to bring back to the Riverside. Anything above that is bonus. I do think we can win at their place, but the occasion means it's going to matter a lot for both sides, so certainly won't be upset at a draw. A strong start and a goal for us could make the world of difference in the tie.

Come on when's the last time we sold 15k-17k in less than 24 hours? :P

Brentford away was one of those games where yoy think "how the hell have we won this". Like others I would be happy to have something to still be in the second leg and anything else is a bonus. They will be bouyed by that game against us and what could have been, and after seeing how most teams beat us they will likely just attack us from the off. But it does say something when we beat them in their "poor spell at the start of the season" but then we beat them in their good spell too. Hope we have a fully fit first 11 and dont pick players with niggles. I would actually go for:

Dimi

Fred

Ayala

Gibson

Friend

Leadbitter

Clayton

Adomah

Tomlin

Reach

Bamford

Dont  get me wrong Reach does my head in at times but this isnt a game for Tomlin/Adomah on the left. Play people in their positions and try to make sure Bamford is the one with the chance to finish.

Totally agree with the points made. I do however prefer Vossen for Tomlin.