• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You certainly seem to have a flair for it. :)

Have you got a team in the Sky competition? They offer a much wider range of weekly and monthly prizes than the BPL do and there's lots of cash to be won. You're too late to stand any sort of chance in the seasonal prizes but entering late actually puts you at an advantage for the weekly and monthly ones. That's because you'll be creating your squad(s) knowing already who is on/off form and which new recruits hit the ground running. There are no wild cards in the Sky comp and you get limited transfers so it's a valuable advantage to have. I do believe I've just persuaded myself to have a go! :D

If you didn't know about wild cards, you might not have realised that player transfer fees rise and fall in response to transfer market forces. Consequently it's good policy to get in early when you want to recruit successful newcomers or sack newly banned or injured players. Having said that, this particular aspect seems to be less important this time round than it has been in previous seasons because so many of the "surprise packages" started out at exceptionally low prices in the first place.

For example, Mahrez, who started out at £5.5m is now £6.4m, is still the best value player in the competition! Astonishingly, less than half of BPL managers have him in their squads.

The BPL site is very helpful when it comes to analysing the transfer market. I used two of the choices on the "Sorted by" drop-down list to discover that Mahrez is the competition's best value player and that he is in less than half of all squads. There are nearly thirty alternative ways to sort the player list so take advantage of it when picking your squad.

Hmm... this has got me wondering whether I should start a second mini-league for you and the other newbies to pit your wits against one another whilst you are learning the ropes. You could bring current scores with you (or not) and you could stay in the main mini-league (or not) so what do you and the other first-timers think?

To follow on from Bugrit, http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk is fairly accurate (not 100%) at predicting when a player will rise/drop in price. This can be useful when you want to know whether or not you can afford to wait until the end of the week before buying/selling a player.

eg Kompany will likely drop tonight, Mata and De Bruyne may rise tonight or tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

bpl07_zpsb7tjokdk.png

Sorry for being so late with this but I was having trouble totting up all those goals! After five weeks of seeing goal-counts in the low twenties, we were presented with no fewer than 41 goals over the weekend, along with the lowest clean sheet count of the season so far, just two! So how did these dramatic events affect our managers? Surprisingly, the average score went up by only 5 and, although 48.63 points is the highest average score this season, it's still below the half-century mark. That's not what we would usually see in a week when Sanchez scored a hat-trick and Vardy, Sturridge, Gestede and Lukaku all netted twice.

cowman4boro's midfielders and forwards found 9 of those goals and contributed an average of 15.6 points apiece towards his top-scoring 85 points. It was the week's second highest scorer RandySandwich who made the most progress in the table, however, up 16 places to 8th, courtesy of his handsome 76 points. boro-unger and DanFromDownSouth both progressed out of the table's lowest reaches with scores in the 70s, while Smogster tumbled 14 places from 6th to 20th as his fine-looking squad under-performed miserably. Their 21 points won him the week's wooden spoon award although there were another four of us in contention with scores in the 20s. It's not just tough at the top, the whole table seems to be feeling the strain at present! Yeah, I know, tell it to Jose Mourinho. :D

Imagine if you had Aguero in your team but forgot to set him as your captain..... I did :( It's still Martial from last week.

haha   ....i made him captain today AND played my triple captain score   :D :D :D

Imagine if you had Aguero in your team but forgot to set him as your captain..... I did :( It's still Martial from last week.

Ha me too I've not changed my captain and I'm bottom, really can't be ***d with all the faffing in this league and keep forgetting to do it anyway

Triple captaincy for Aguero is worth 75 points and would have sent a certain tail-end Charlie scooting up the table and in with a chanve of winning his own mini-league. Pity he can't be ***d, though. :D