• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spot on there VB, I had Howard in between the sticks the first game and conceded 6 goals.

Straight away I dropped him and put in Friedel, I originally wanted Van Dar Sar but I have to wait until he's fit.

Thinking at the moment about dropping Friedel and perhaps slipping Given in there what with that defence in front of him I reckon he may be top goalie this year.

Remember Linny 5 transfers a month so get it sorted.:D

Anyone with Arshavin in his squad should note that he's crocked for three matches or more. However, Cesc Fabregas is available again so maybe the solution is a no-brainer.

Linthorpian2009, your team captain hasn't even played for you so far and remains 50/50 for today. Don't you think you might stand more chance of picking up a few points by making one of your strikers your captain, say Fernando Torres? ;)

Sky's update has been quick:

1252920918-clip-19kb.png

It's been another high-scoring week for the Boro Forum managers, with nearly 500 points picked up between us. Lots of goals, assists and clean sheets were up for grabs, although relatively few of them came from the usual quarters. Have any of you got Benayoun in your squad?

Meanwhile, table-topper Sarge has done it again! He's our top scorer with 36 points and shows no signs of coming back to the field, just yet.

Anyone scoring around the thirty mark has done well this week. SmoggsUtd's 34 points consolidate the team's position in second place, while the rest of us continue bobbing up and down and the Linthorpians continue their bold bid for the wooden spoon.

Linny, you'll be able to make changes to your squad any time from tomorrow (Tuesday) until kickoff on Saturday.

Well bless my cotton socks who do you think dropped Nani and replaced him with Darren Fletcher .

That was a nice touch if I will say so myself.:D

Drogba /Gerrard /Ireland are having a few bad weeks for me they had better buck their ideas quick otherwise I may have to look at changing them.

Well done Rooney and Fletcher I can breath a sigh of relief.

Another eventful weekend...

1253532825-clip-21kb.png

We scored almost 700 points between us over the weekend and that's an average of very nearly 35 points per team. Managers picking up more than that have done well in what's been a fairly volatile chart.

We have a new top scorer this week. ?DW?'s massive 60 points have seen his SmoggsUtd team make up some ground on our runaway table-toppers, sgtpepper's Red Devils. Other teams continuing their recent good form include Vectorboro1, Ginger Roos, our newcomers lorcan and nearly everyone else in the top dozen in the table. Is a trend developing?

Despite Sarge's masterstroke in swapping Darren Fletcher for Nani I wonder if he's starting to look a bit vulnerable up there on his own? Will the pressure start getting to him and will he start making mistakes? Somehow, I still think it's going to take something special to topple him from his perch but SmoggsUtd might have what it takes, while VectorBoro1's manager is taking it personal, like. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the latest table:

1254230938-clip-20kb.png

It's been another high scoring week and we have averaged slightly more than 29 points each, so anything over that and you've done well.

There was a wide spread of scores, ranging from the in-form Ginger Roos' top scoring 52, all the way down to Jake's Allstars' miserable 9 points. Consequently the chart has been quite volatile again and it's noticeable how last week's in-form managers have mainly continued to perform well. Purple patches have a way of turning into brown patches, though, as Sarge will no doubt confirm. ;)

The Ginger Roos have climbed no fewer than 6 places into 6th position and that's after climbing 5 places the previous week. It's a pity we don't know their manager's forum name because I'm sorely in need of a few tips.

It's also a pity that we don't know who ?JH? is because unless s/he starts managing Jake's Allstars properly they are at risk of falling off the bottom of the table. On a similar note, can I remind Linthorpian2009 that you would now be in the top half of the table if only you had picked your obvious captain, rather than someone who hasn't played all season.

Yes Bugs its skidmark time,:D

It kinda serves me right for not checking my team for a couple of weeks I had 3 players MIA the last game messrs Upson/Richards/Ireland , plus a few were substituted.

Hopefully I am back on top of things.

Excuses excuses excuses..:D:D:D

Sky have updated their tables very quickly:

1254788404-clip-20kb.png

It's been another of those weeks where a single player determined who would be a high-scorer and who would not. We picked up 505 points between us for an average 25¼ points each but managers with Fabregas in the team already had "a starter for 20" under their belts. Meanwhile, a bunch of other star players scored only a handful of points between them but no doubt their turn will come again.

"Fab factor" aside, there have been some notable changes in the table. SmoggsUtd's 20 points were enough to topple our long-time leader from his perch and a mere 26 points now separates 1st and 5th places. That's as close as it's been at the top for quite some time.

Meanwhile, the Linthorpians are still rudderless and last season's runaway table-topper, ABH is currently languishing second from bottom, ahead of only the league's badly neglected waifs, Jake's Allstars.

I wondered how long it would be before I was found out.

I have just got back from the doctors and after explaining my symtoms to him ,he has come to the conclusion that I definetly have a rare form of Southgate decease.

Apparently you are bright and alert for a number of weeks mostly early season,then you slowly lose all brain function and become a homer.;)

simp2006_HomerArmsCrossed_f.jpg

All I will say is please don't blame my players they are all giving 110% out there on the field.

Blame me,my shoulders can take the strain.

My god where have I heard that before.:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

Some big names have been ruled out of action for the weekend, including Rooney, Torres and Gerrard. They're all likely to miss only one fixture so, if you're going to stick with them this week, bear in mind that changing your team captain costs nothing. You've got until 12:45. Linthorpian2009 please take note.

Hey, Sarge, did you count the equalisers the weekend before the break? There were TEN and I'm set fair for a profitable season, especially now that I'm not losing any money on Boro.

Go get him, VB! :D