oneBoro Forum

Fantasy Football

Hi Bugs nice to see you back,have yer been on hols.

Did my changes yesterday Gerrard and Rooney also decided to put Rio back into my team for the first time this season hopefully he is over the injuries now and will become ever present again.

Not sure I will be able to revert back to Gerrard and Rooney next week, money wise its gonna be very tight.

Anyone got a couple of bob to spare.:D

Yes VB is still chasing me so I had better keep scoring,lets hope Bent and Fabregas can make up for the other two.

Talking of bets the northeast trio look good for the patent again.

Horse tips for the day.

Billy Magern 2.40 chelt.

*** Turpin 2.25 New

Pipedreamer..3.00 new.

I know you like my tips Bugs cos then you always know 3 defenite losers.:D

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Although I'm not affected by the injured list, I was tempted to make some big changes this week, like recruiting a midfield of 2 ***nal and 2 Liverpool players (Arshavin, Fab, Benayoun and Kuyt).

However, I'm trying to keep my transfers to less than 1 per match week and I have already made 7 changes so I resisted temptation and settled for relieving Lampard of the captaincy, in favour of Arshavin.

I'm looking forward to a pretty hectic afternoon, listening to Boro and watching the Sunderland match and Chan 4 horseracing. Oh, yeah, I nearly forgot the important bit - keeping abreast of events at Betfair! Here's hoping for another bundle of equalisers! :)

Well, there goes the first equaliser of the weekend and I can't lose on the match, now!

(If you want to know why: I got 5/4 laid on Chelsea before kick-off, then 100/30 laid on after they scored and I backed them at almost even money after Aston Villa equalised. I really love equalisers!)

The vibes are good for Wells Lyrical in the Cesarawitch (3:40 at Newmarket). Don't plunge but expect a decent run for your money.

What I want now is for someone to go ahead at Villa Park and then for the other side to equalise again but maybe I'm being greedy? :D

Woot-woot! Villa have gone ahead! Come on Chelsea!

Buggsy wrote:"Although I'm not affected by the injured list, I was tempted to make some big changes this week, like recruiting a midfield of 2 ***nal and 2 Liverpool players (Arshavin, Fab, Benayoun and Kuyt)."

Well Ashavin and Fab paid divies for you Buggsy,sorry the other two went down to the beach to play their game,:D:D

Think I will leave Bent in there next week he does seem to be in the golden circle at the moment doesn't he.

Further goals from Upson/Drogba should have kept that VB away from me this week.:D

Ah but I didn't actually make any changes to my squad, Sarge, other than swapping captains. :)

I agree with you about Bent being on fire at present and I'm glad I recruited him as part of my re-shuffle following Arshavin's return from injury.

It looks like it's going to be a low-scoring week, with so many stars missing (in both senses) and only one clean sheet from the 8 matches played so far. Still, that could all change this afternoon for the Rodellaga, Adebayor and Ireland fans. Has anyone got Bellamy in the squad? :dodgy:

Sky have been prompt again:

1256028071-clip-19kb.png

It's been hard to pick up points this week so congrats to the manager of the in-form $ THE DONX FC $ whose points tally of 41 is about twice the league's average.

Congrats are also due to Sarge for out-scoring all his four main challengers to regain the lead.

It looks as if the league is starting to develop in the same way that the real thing usually does. We have our top 5, a gap, then a cluster of 7 managers separated by a mere 10 points and then there's another gap followed by another 7 managers in a fairly narrow 33-point cluster. (That's ignoring the apparantly abandoned Jake's Allstars who are now in grave danger of relegation. Wake up, JH!)

:D:D:D

Hey Buggsy its that pack of 3 that are in 7.8.9th spot that are causing me concern they keep pushing them buggers in front of them up my arris and I'm bound to trip over on one of them bends.

I hope the stewards are keeping a close eye on them.:D:D

Not sure I should go back with Rooney just yet because of what I spent last week things are a little tight although I would stretch it and go out on a limb to get Gerrard back in there.

:D:D:D

Hey Buggsy its that pack of 3 that are in 7.8.9th spot that are causing me concern they keep pushing them buggers in front of them up my arris and...

That's the way, Sarge. Always use protection. :D

Don't be in too much of a rush to get Gerrard back in your squad. His groin problem returned last night. :(

We're a quarter of the way through the season:

1256547057-clip-20kb.png

We chalked up 466 points between us this week, for an average of 23 per squad, or just over two points per player. Any manager scoring 30 or more has done well and top-scoring littleboro squad's 38 points see them challenging for a position in the top half of the table.

There's a right old tussle going on for top slot, with a number of in-form managers closing in on the leading pair. However, if last season is anything to go by, they had all better watch out now that ABH has begun flexing his muscles.

Don't worry Bugsy I promise you I will be defending that top spot come November if I am still there after next week.

My hands are tied at present because I allowed my old weakness of favouritism to cloud my judgement and now I am stuck untill November with a weak team.

Never mind it all makes for a fun season .

Unlike Gareth I do actually learn from my mistakes.:D:D

Anyways it allows VB to creep a little closer.

Whats that old saying keep your friends close,but keep you enemies closer..:D:D:D