• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're not really into the spirit of this thing, are you Sarge? pmsl

You were right Bugs the ***nal match was the best but once Fabby went off I had to start playing about and the Liverpool match was sending me to sleep so I switch to Chelski and saw MY Lumpalard put the penalty away.

la la la la l a 30 points tonite me thinks in the bag.

Bit worried about Drogba and Fabby for the weekend though.

Bloody Sarge.

More points heading his way.

Fear not, he'll run out of transfers. Meanwhile I want Citeh or Wigan to pull one back. I'm not accustomed to losing and this could be the second session in a row where I haven't done very well. Favs aren't supposed to score first and then go on to win comfortably, dammit.

Okay, that's it. I've had it with Given!

You keep hinting about me running out of transfers but once I get my team settled which is just about now I will only have to worry about the odd injury here and there.

Hopefully there will be no long term injuries and I can play a few weeks with 9/10 men,like at present I was missing 3 Johnson, Craddock, and Drogba, everyone a very good point player.

Hopefully this team will take me to the end of the season. "Fingers crossed".

Hinting? Was I really being that subtle about your transfer problem?

As for Lumpalard, I've told you before, he's not your Lumpalard, he's mine, dammit, so stop rubbing it in! :D

Anyway, I can afford to replace Fabregas with Lumpalard. What are you going to do?

Now for something entirely different:

I hear that it's getting cold now and Saha and Yakubu have both sustained little knocks during training and won't be available until the African Cup of Nations kicks off... as if Moyes would tolerate that kind of crap... LOL.

Thats it I know VB and your plan I have just sussed it out you are way laying me.

You think if I concentrate on you two that the little lady will slip by whilst I am not looking.

My god she scored 45 points last night and me a mere 30 you two were the also runs.

From now on I'll be watching closely I would never live it down to be out manouvered by a lady.:D:D

I would also like to say that the hubby of said lady,that he should be having stern words with her.

I mean allowing women into bars now and letting them go to bingo occasionally,shopping,ironing and washing well thats par for the course but to let them pick a winning footy team,nahhhh it should'nt be happening.

He's obviously doing something wrong.:D

Sky seem to making a special effort to keep us up to date:

1261041980-clip-21kb.png

We chalked up 590 points on the midweek matches, for an average of 28 per squad. With no spectacular performances on the pitch, lots of managers scored in the 20s and 30s. Only tattooman (42) and Mrs tattooman (45) got into the 40s, so well done the pair of you. I bet it's really galling, hey tattooman? :D:D:D

We've got a new squad in the league. Riverside Warriors joined Sky last Sunday and picked up a few points so I have given them a starter of 1 point less than last week's wooden spooner, less the points the Warriors accrued on Sunday. What's you forum monicker, CS?

This evening's Wigan match has been postponed so here's the latest table:

1261425340-clip-21kb.png

Our 416 points total is the lowest for a while and we averaged just under 20 points per squad. However, there was quite a wide spread and three managers scored in the thirties, while three others didn't even reach double figures.

davessuperstars were the week's top scorers with a healthy 36 and they look set fair to return to the top half of the table. Meanwhile, sgtpepper's Red Devils have drawn further away from second placed SmoggsUtd and the rampaging Mrs tattooman's littleboro could soon be the Sarge's principal challengers.

We're four matches short of being half way through the season:

1261982859-clip-21kb.png

We notched up a record 860 points between us over the weekend, for averages of 45 points per squad and 4 points per player. Some popular star players were on form and there were plenty of clean sheets, so it was easier than usual to collect points this week. Nobody scored under 20, while five managers got into the 50s.

AKB Dons were top scorers with 56 points, making up somewhat for last week's lapse in form. As predicted, davessuperstars have returned to the top half of the table, while Mrs tattooman has moved up to second place as her littleboro continue to overhaul sgtpepper's Red Devils. Is the old fox just taking a breather on the turn into the home straight, I wonder, or will Mrs tattooman beat him for stamina on the run-in? :D

Here is the table after twenty games. The figures accurately reflect what happened over this week's full round of ten evening matches. Sky's own "game weeks" always run from Tuesday am to midnight on Monday and so they are currently in a bit of a mess. Our own tables are more meaningful.

1262245246-clip-21kb.png

We've had another high-scoring round, although nowhere near the festive weekend's record figures. Our 540 points tally ranges from neverbefore's lowly 8 to my own 50, for another high average of nearly 26 points per squad.

It'll soon be time for some new beginnings. Out with the old and in with the new and I'm hoping that it won't be same old, same old for the Boro this time.

Well if thats the case NB4 you ain't done too bad.

You are only 157 points behind.

We are not quite half way through the season yet so if you start now you have a good chance of catching up.

Anything can happen in football.

Hi Friends.

Though the thread is about Football I would like to tell you something about the word "Soccer".

The original former name of 'soccer' was Association Football. The name 'Soccer' was coined in England by Charles Wreford Brown in 1863. The 3rd, 4th and 5th letters of Association plus the suffix 'cer' gave the word 'Soccer'.

Thanks.

Hi Friend I would like to tell you what I think of the word "Soccer" and the country that uses it.

Soccer is a word in my opinion only used by the americans.

The history of the USA has been that because it was built on illegal immigration and violence it never had a game of its own.

It stole all its national games from other countries and renamed them.

Different names of course. :)

Their national football was taken from our Rugby.

Their national basketball was taken from our womens Netball.

Their national baseball was taken from our Rounders.

Their national soccer was taken from our Football.

So Mr Micheal Johnson may I say that although you may have us believe that we started to use this word soccer first sometime in the 1800s.

I never heard of it until the bloody Yanks nicked our game and tried to change the rules.:D:D:D