oneBoro Forum

Fantasy Football

Only 24 goals over the weekend but 7 clean sheets helped produce a high-scoring round:

bpl02_zpsgbfjwmfi.png

New to oneBoro's mini-league this season, TheTeesTease notched up 69 points to claim the second round's top scorer honours. It has helped him to romp eight places up to 3rd in the table, just behind another newcomer Beckyboro, whose 66 point tally has taken her within 4 points of ousting 2plus2 from top slot. Remarkably she has done it with the same squad she selected before the start of the season. That's right, Beckyboro has made no transfers at all yet. and, like TheTeesTease, she still has her wild card in reserve.

Regular top performer p_mards was the round's biggest climber, up 25 places to 14th in the table after spending his wild card on a major squad overhaul. Plenty of old hands have also used their wild cards early, so as to get in ahead of the crowd on the early season's top performers. Things tend to develop more slowly after August and if your players haven't struck good early form it can be a good idea to replace them with ones who have.

Are you paying attention, Red Rocket? Stubbornly fielding a squad of under-achievers, no matter how handsome they all are, simply isn't the way to win this. :D

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only 24 goals over the weekend but 7 clean sheets helped produce a high-scoring round:

bpl02_zpsgbfjwmfi.png

New to oneBoro's mini-league this season, TheTeesTease notched up 69 points to claim the second round's top scorer honours. It has helped him to romp eight places up to 3rd in the table, just behind another newcomer Beckyboro, whose 66 point tally has taken her within 4 points of ousting 2plus2 from top slot. Remarkably she has done it with the same squad she selected before the start of the season. That's right, Beckyboro has made no transfers at all yet. and, like TheTeesTease, she still has her wild card in reserve.

Regular top performer p_mards was the round's biggest climber, up 25 places to 14th in the table after spending his wild card on a major squad overhaul. Plenty of old hands have also used their wild cards early, so as to get in ahead of the crowd on the early season's top performers. Things tend to develop more slowly after August and if your players haven't struck good early form it can be a good idea to replace them with ones who have.

Are you paying attention, Red Rocket? Stubbornly fielding a squad of under-achievers, no matter how handsome they all are, simply isn't the way to win this. :D

I gotta plead university on this one. I'm at the end of my module with a huge workload and honestly haven't looked at it since I started.  :s

Ah, okay, full squad overhauls do take time. After that, though, you can usually keep on top of things by replacing a single player per round, if needs be. Still, if you haven't got the time, you haven't, so I'll stop hassling you and let you get on with your work. :)

One thing, though. I don't care how busy you are, your match reports are a must. Okay?

made 3 signings  and starting this week on minus 4 as a result (maybe should have used my wild card )

have ran out of patience with Rooney ...now watch the swine score a hat trick :dodgy:  and replaced him with Costa  .

And I dropped Defoe...

...and Koné for Aguero and Lukaku so the Everton match is big for me tomorrow.

Now, who's going to make room for Nathan Redmond? Looks like Yohan's going Cababye-byes.

Wow! Just noticed I'm £1.7m up on player values already. :D

Astonishingly, from the whole of the ***nal, Chelsea, Man Utd and Spurs squads, the only player I've got is Romero. No doubt that will have to change but so far, so good, I'm thinking.

Had a shocking start to the season, the only player doing me any favours is Mahrez he's on fire!

You don't seem to be in the oneBoro mini-league, KM786 so I'll send you a PM with the code.

Another 7 clean sheets but only 23 goals, so even fewer than last week. Citeh have been doing their bit but the other big boys have all had trouble scoring so far, although Chelsea showed signs of getting their act together again on Sunday.

winbpl03_zpshqblgvtx.png

In a round where you did okay if you scored better than the average 42 points, a couple of our managers racked up scores in the 60s. Boro In Plymouth's 61 points saw him progress from 9th to 5th place in the table, while CarlBoro romped 12 places up to 12th for scoring 60.

Although the table is quite volatile at this early stage of the season, I think I detect a familiar trend developing. As in previous seasons, managers already in the top half of the table seem to be beating the weekly average while managers in the lower half of the table tend to continue scoring below average. Having said that, I can see half a dozen managers who currently occupy places near the very bottom of the table who I'm sure will be up there near the top before autumn is out. Winter is coming.

The new £ column doesn't concern the majority of us. It serves only to indicate how the managers in the paid competition are faring and it will include everyone as soon as KM786 enrols.

It's been a strange start to the season as many of the big name players have struggled to get as many points as is expected. And also there seems to be less high scoring games from the bigger teams.