• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a feeling that Swansea will go above MunUre in the table today so why the hell did I leave Ayew on the bench?

bplTeam_zpsx941uboi.png

My squad certainly looks a bit different from the last screen shot I posted and I'm hoping for a big score this weekend.

Ive kind of lost interest in this one already. Probably because I have started slow but there is just too much faffing on with this one with wild cards, subs etc. I like the sun one as its less hands on.

Don't give up. The competition is quite realistic in at least one way: it reflects how managers learn best by actually doing the job. If you have a look* at the career histories of most BPL managers, you can see how it takes a couple of seasons to get get established in the top 10%, i.e. in the top 250,000 managers. After that, inevitably, some seasons will be better than others. (Log on at BPL first if you want to see my own long-term history.)

* You can see a manager's history by viewing the oneBoro Forum mini-league table and clicking on the team he manages. This brings up his squad page and you can see his long-term history as part of "View Gameweek history" under Points/Rankings in the column to the right of the team view.

7 clean sheets again but another reduction in goal count, now down to 22, has left most managers struggling to find points. It's not just the number of goals but who has been scoring them that has been making things difficult all season. Maybe the international break will provide the time needed for a whole bunch of big names to remember where they left their goal-scoring boots:

winbpl04_zpsrbumklke.png

Stevoboro topped the scoring with 64 points after his nicely balanced squad chipped in with points from all over the pitch. He's up 13 places to 9th in the table and it's a measure of how tight things are up there that he's now a mere 26 points off top slot. Mind you, he won't find it easy to dislodge the wily 2plus2 from his perch, since he never puts in a bad performance.

Another low average score this week reflects how difficult it has been to find points for many of us. The only bright side to this is that the spread between top and bottom of the table is still less than 100 points and it doesn't require a monster score to make significant progress up the table. New manager Borodane, for example, climbed 10 places and out of the lower half of the table this week after beating the average score by 10 points. Further progress, however, would certainly be aided by getting rid of his out-of-favour players and recruiting replacements who are actually getting minutes on the pitch. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I've just overhauled my squad since I was doing so poorly. Cost me 28 points like, hopefully it will be worth it.

You could have avoided that 28 point penalty by playing your wild card. Mind you, your new captain could make up for it single handedly if he puts in one of his special performances this weekend.

By the way, you should use your wild card before the January transfer window opens, otherwise you'll lose it.

You get one wild card each transfer window and you have to use it before the next window opens, otherwise you lose it.

Playing your wild card lets you make unlimited transfers that week, free of any sort of points penalty.