oneBoro Forum

Fantasy Football

There are only two new names in the top ten, so well done Beckyboro and CarlBoro!

I was a newcomer to this league and finished joint 6th. well impressed with myself considering I played my wild cards early in the season when I didn't really understand what they did!!!!

Dunno how I missed that it was your first season, too. Terrific performance, mate, especially since it was your first ever shot at the BPL competition!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hope im a little bit of inspiration to those about to do it second time around . youre right ,the first season you dont really know the ins and outs of when to change things around with wild cards .. triple plays and so on .i understood a lot more last season which was only my second attempt.  i actually lead things one week but over the moon with 3rd and will be more prepared again next season.

the thing that completely caught me out this time round was the week of the fa cup quarter finals when only 4 matches were valid so ill keep an eye on things squad wise that time next year as this year most of my first eleven were cup tied and i had to use a wild card just to sign eliganble players  .

Ok so well done to Baresi for winning my tenner a man league everyone apart from Red Rocket has to send him a tenner by Paypal. Red Rocket has to send oldmanGravz a tenner. So if Baresi could PM me and everyone who owes him a tenner his Paypal details we can all put his well earned money in. OldmanGravz you PM Red rocket your details and we are all sorted. Thanks for playing everyone.

Good on him for winning it. I lost interest before xmas. I always say that this season I'll give it a proper go, but there is just so many things to do. Wild cards, captain and whatnot. And the subs. Next season though...

• 1 month later...

Was wondering if people wanted to create a oneBoro Fantasy Football League on here?

If there's enough interest, I will make a league for us.

The link to create your team:

EDIT: Changed to the FPL, hopefully we'll be able to cater for more non-UK members that way

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

So far, sign-ups are here, we're up to 26 people so far!

1. wilsoncgp

2. Vergilius

3. Raf smog

4. Maccarone

5. SmogInSheff

6. OldManGravz

7. Brunners

8. Boro_Hero

9. misterweed

10. kade

11. Snowblind (free)

12. estonpidge

13. SarumiteLostInDarlo

14. Essuuaitch

15. gilburtgtr

16. Bantsford23

17. dunnerzzz (free)

18. CurtisFleming

19. Silvio_Dante

20. Nomad

21. BeardySmog (free)

22. Baresi

23. ChipBarrington (paid if not Paypal)

24. borojimmy

25. Aarfy_Aardvark

26. boro-unger (free)

If we're going to set up a league do we want it to be a paid one or just a free one?

You can have it so each player puts in one of either £2, £5, £10 or £20 each. Everyone pays the same amount and you can then create a relatively significant pot at the end, I assume it is winner takes all!

If I don't get that much of a response, I'll create the free one regardless and leave the link to it in here so people should be able to freely join in when they wish. We could do both, I guess, if we have some who don't want to put money down but some do. Will wait to see what kind of response everyone gives to it, anyway!

If we're going to set up a league do we want it to be a paid one or just a free one?

You can have it so each player puts in one of either £2, £5, £10 or £20 each. Everyone pays the same amount and you can then create a relatively significant pot at the end, I assume it is winner takes all!

If I don't get that much of a response, I'll create the free one regardless and leave the link to it in here so people should be able to freely join in when they wish. We could do both, I guess, if we have some who don't want to put money down but some do. Will wait to see what kind of response everyone gives to it, anyway!

Will it be possible for non-UK members to partake in the paid one? It sure would make it a bit more interesting, but I´m also in, only for the glory, in a free one.

Will it be possible for non-UK members to partake in the paid one? It sure would make it a bit more interesting, but I´m also in, only for the glory, in a free one.

I'm in. Winnings will be paid between each other via PayPal I'd imagine so non UK members would be fine, we'd just have to sort out the exchange rates

I'm in. Winnings will be paid between each other via PayPal I'd imagine so non UK members would be fine, we'd just have to sort out the exchange rates

The paid thing is set up via Sky Sports themselves, seems like its set up by SkyBet as that's the account I logged in with.

We could do it by ourselves, of course, if its more convenient for our non-UK members.

The paid thing is set up via Sky Sports themselves, seems like its set up by SkyBet as that's the account I logged in with.

We could do it by ourselves, of course, if its more convenient for our non-UK members.

Oh I didn't realise you could do a paid thing through Sky, I was just thinking of how I do paid leagues on the FPL site.