oneBoro Forum

Travel and Accomodation for Wembley

Just planning how I could get to Wembley in the event of Boro reaching the final (better to be prepared than unprepared). What's the most easiest way of travelling to London from Boro? What's the best train route? Any bus companies putting on offers? Where is best to book Accomodation? Has anyone booked their accomodation and/or travel? Etc etc

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance

I assume the club will do the travel club for season ticket holders via coaches and there will be private coaches organised.

I've booked tickets for the train as I'm in North Yorkshire on the east coast main line direct and tickets are currently cheap. From boro you can just get tickets through to Northallerton or thirsk and pick up the east coast main line to kings cross from there.

Hopefully we will get there, but if not I can think of worse places for a day out.

Any hotel in london would do you obviously the further from the city the cheaper. You can get to wembley from anywhere in around 3/4 hour

last time we went a large group of us stayed in the Antionette Hotel kingston upon thames with overnight stay (good bar in hotel)  rooms basic but only around 45 quid per night . all organised through dodsworths which included transfer from hotel to wembley  think it was about 80 per head all in at the time

I have a a room booked here (with free cancellation obviously): http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-3141-ibis-london-wembley/index.shtml

As for travel, coming from Bristol so not sure the best way; any other South-Westerners with a plan?

You could get the train to Paddington and then Bakerloo tube line from Paddington to Wembley Central. Not sure what costs would be for that though!

I have a a room booked here (with free cancellation obviously): http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-3141-ibis-london-wembley/index.shtml

As for travel, coming from Bristol so not sure the best way; any other South-Westerners with a plan?

You could get the train to Paddington and then Bakerloo tube line from Paddington  to Wembley Central. Not sure what costs would be for that though!

I'll look into it! Cheers :shy:

I would definatley check out AirBnB. Used it the last time I was in London and loved it. Got a small apartment for two for less than the price of some dodgy hotel. Also allows you to check out later :)

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of any local coach companies that are planning on running coaches for Wembley should we get there?

Probably most of them will pop up in the paper over the next few days, with some travel offer

Omega travel are offering a 2 day package for the playoff final

Prices are from £89.95 per person this included a 1 night stay in a 3 or 4 start hotel and Return coach travel (Single person supplement : £30.00 per person)

• Return coach travel from your chosen local departure point
  • Overnight stay at a 3 or 4 star outer London area hotel with full English breakfast
  • Transfer to and from Wembley Stadium and hotel transfers
  • Free time in central London
  • Services of an Omega coach driver / tour representative
  • VAT

Sunday: From a morning pick-up in your local area we travel by comfortable coach to central London where you have free time. Mid – evening we travel to our 3 or 4 star outer London hotel for the overnight stay.

Monday: After a full English breakfast we transfer to Wembley Stadium to arrive in good time to enjoy the build up and pre-match atmosphere. Gates open at 1:00pm and kick-off is at 3:00pm. After the match we head for home

PLEASE NOTE: TICKETS FOR THE PLAY-OFF FINAL ARE NOT INCLUDED AND OMEGA CANNOT PROVIDE THEM

http://middlesbrough.reader.travel/tour.php?d=0&c=30&s=617&t=3095#pagetop