oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford (H) Play off S/F 2nd leg 3-0 (5-1 agg)

The thing is.... In the return leg they have to do exactly the same to us.

Get in about the midfield, a few crunching tackles put the defence under pressure. Don't let is get the balls to the flanks and run at you.

The difference is they need to win and we don't.

Also there's no point crossing balls in as gibbo and Ayala will cut them out all day. So see how upset their fans are when if its 0-0/1-1 after 75 mins and their players are are just going through all ours looking for a loose ball they can chase down. Pretty football won't apply then, I'll bet ya

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

1-2 with us conceding a last minute goal. Bam Bam Bam to pop in the winner in extra time to send the Riveraide into raptures. Last minute penalty claim from Brentford rejected. We're not doing this the easy way.

Twelfth Man from North Stand have planned a card display and Red Faction have got something planned as well. Will be a special atmosphere particularly before kick off

Interestingly AK wasn't that chuffed with how we played last time out, so I'm hoping we are even more ruthless this time and retain the energy and togetherness from last week. As long as we keep 11 on the pitch, I think we'll do it (in the nipsy twitching classic boro way).

I've been unimpressed with Bamford lately (he kept slipping over on Friday), whereas Kike really knows how to scrap. I hope we get the mix right at the top, I'd play 442 and make sure we keep a high press. Really don't want to see us sitting back defending a lead, our defence works best when our attack is firing and it will be terrifying. But I can see it happening if we score the first goal.

The most important game for many years, not just this season!

It's business time and results are the product. Over to AK and the lads…

COME ON BORO!!!!

i really enjoyed a boro team going out there to battle their way through and get stuck in to the limit. so far removed from the powderpuff football served up during our freefall under southgate.

brentford fans get your hopes and expectations up for friday to cme here and turn us over.

thats as good as its going to get 'hopes and expectations'.

Friday night the mighty BORO will crush your dreams of premier league football.

enjoy the long trip home.

Interestingly AK wasn't that chuffed with how we played last time out, so I'm hoping we are even more ruthless this time and retain the energy and togetherness from last week. As long as we keep 11 on the pitch, I think we'll do it (in the nipsy twitching classic boro way).

I've been unimpressed with Bamford lately (he kept slipping over on Friday), whereas Kike really knows how to scrap. I hope we get the mix right at the top, I'd play 442 and make sure we keep a high press. Really don't want to see us sitting back defending a lead, our defence works best when our attack is firing and it will be terrifying. But I can see it happening if we score the first goal.

The most important game for many years, not just this season!

It's business time and results are the product. Over to AK and the lads…

COME ON BORO!!!!

Bamfords clearly not fully fit, I would be tempted to start Kike instead but I don't think the Kike-Vossen partnership is that good..... 

Adomah - Tomlin - Reach

-------------Vossen----------

With the same midfield/defence as last Friday.

Simply can't wait.

I would be happy with that as long as Reach is up for it.... Oh.Also as long as Tomlin works as hard as Vossen.