oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford (H) Play off S/F 2nd leg 3-0 (5-1 agg)

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Just played my son at Fifa...

Middlesbrough V Brentford..

Key moment's.

76' Friend sent off.

84' Goal, Adomah, 1-0

86' Goal, Gray,    1-1

Full time 1-1

I was nervous playing it lol.

did you set up both teams in the right formations etc? if your going to do a fifa trial run you have to do it right.

Just played my son at Fifa...

Middlesbrough V Brentford..

Key moment's.

76' Friend sent off.

84' Goal, Adomah, 1-0

86' Goal, Gray,    1-1

Full time 1-1

I was nervous playing it lol.

did you set up both teams in the right formations etc? if your going to do a fifa trial run you have to do it right.

Yep... I went with Vossen behind Kike though.

I know I may get shot down here but...

I honestly can't see Brentford getting too much in thegame - 3-0 Boro I'm going for. I didn't see enough from them to show they have a serious threat (a la Bournemouth/Watford/Norwich) up top and they were quite poor earlier in the season at the Boro. I think we'll be 2-0 up at half time and get the third in the second half. We have been great at home this season and the players will be backed by a full house - Brentford may be uncomfortable by just how loud the crowd will get.

I could be wrong but I just think it isn't as tough as everyone else thinks. If we concede an early goal the key is not to panic.

Anyone know what time the bars in the ground will open on Friday?

The Boro bar (by the south east corner) hasn't been open for night matches all season - the 12th man bar in the North stand may be open. I wouldn't count on many being open personally

I know I may get shot down here but...

I honestly can't see Brentford getting too much in thegame - 3-0 Boro I'm going for. I didn't see enough from them to show they have a serious threat (a la Bournemouth/Watford/Norwich) up top and they were quite poor earlier in the season at the Boro. I think we'll be 2-0 up at half time and get the third in the second half. We have been great at home this season and the players will be backed by a full house - Brentford may be uncomfortable by just how loud the crowd will get.

I could be wrong but I just think it isn't as tough as everyone else thinks. If we concede an early goal the key is not to panic.

The problem is they literally have absolutely nothing to lose and, lets face it, we haven't always handled pressure well this year.

Although I understand some of the pessimism. We are playing a side that at their best is our equal in terms of capability. We have beaten this side on three separate occasions, twice on their patch. We have the home advantage and a capacity crowd to cheer the lads on. We have the psychological and practical advantage of a goal lead to us. We only need to avoid a defeat to progress.. Now surely a manager of Karankas calibre can engineer a result that satisfies us all. 3-0 Boro

Just wanted to say thanks very much for the (predominantly) warm welcome on here and also for the (predominantly) positive comments about how we played on Friday..........although it'll be interesting to see if they're quite as warm-hearted if we win this week!!! Although, to be honest, I would still have preferred us to have got the result last week...............even if it had required us to play negatively and cynically...........

Out of interest how do you reckon Karanka will set up on Friday?? Looking to protect what he's got and hit us on the break or try to finish the tie early on?? Stick or twist?? Might be a tricky call.............are you the types who'll get nervy if it stays at 0-0, 1-1 or (difficult as I know it will be for you to imagine) if we're actually winning!!! Or will your supreme confidence in the outcome mean you'll be up for a party all evening??

With regards to one poster who seemed to think we'll be blown away by the noise, I don't think you need to worry about that. Our best performances this season have been against the 'big teams' (I'm assuming you count yourselves in that bracket??........), with wins at Forest, Leeds, Norwich and Fulham a***st them, and only a fortunate 93rd minute goal (seems to be the story of our season) by Derby denying us a win in front of 30,000 plus at the Ipro when we gave them a footballing lesson.

I must admit I hadn't realised quite how formidable your home form has been this season, only losing 3 and conceding 12 all season is very impressive!! That combined with 3 wins against us so far, odds of 13/5 against us winning on Friday and the fact that we've failed in ALL of our previous 7 play-off attempts, as all true football fans know, surely only points to one outcome...................WE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I were in your position I'd be bricking it!!! Just hope the nerves don't get to your lot on Friday as us Bees will be up for it big time and see it like this:

Just wanted to say thanks very much for the (predominantly) warm welcome on here and also for the (predominantly) positive comments about how we played on Friday..........although it'll be interesting to see if they're quite as warm-hearted if we win this week!!! Although, to be honest, I would still have preferred us to have got the result last week...............even if it had required us to play negatively and cynically...........

Out of interest how do you reckon Karanka will set up on Friday?? Looking to protect what he's got and hit us on the break or try to finish the tie early on?? Stick or twist?? Might be a tricky call.............are you the types who'll get nervy if it stays at 0-0, 1-1 or (difficult as I know it will be for you to imagine) if we're actually winning!!! Or will your supreme confidence in the outcome mean you'll be up for a party all evening??

With regards to one poster who seemed to think we'll be blown away by the noise, I don't think you need to worry about that. Our best performances this season have been against the 'big teams' (I'm assuming you count yourselves in that bracket??........), with wins at Forest, Leeds, Norwich and Fulham a***st them, and only a fortunate 93rd minute goal (seems to be the story of our season) by Derby denying us a win in front of 30,000 plus at the Ipro when we gave them a footballing lesson.

I must admit I hadn't realised quite how formidable your home form has been this season, only losing 3 and conceding 12 all season is very impressive!! That combined with 3 wins against us so far, odds of 13/5 against us winning on Friday and the fact that we've failed in ALL of our previous 7 play-off attempts, as all true football fans know, surely only points to one outcome...................WE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I were in your position I'd be bricking it!!! Just hope the nerves don't get to your lot on Friday as us Bees will be up for it big time and see it like this:

Well i think karanka only plays the way he plays. We do sometimes defend for our life but i dont think thats the plan.

Will we be nervous. Its the boro if we go 3 up well be nervous allthe over optimism is bluff and banter. If you strip it down we all feel we can blow this

As for the noise i doubt anyone would be playing at this level if they trembled at a bit of noise

RE badgerbee

We'll set up exactly the same 4-2-3-1. We've done it all season. We won't settle for what we got but it will seem like we are. The reason being we are good at absorbing pressure and hitting quickly on the break. Seeing as how you guys HAVE to come at us this seems as its purpose made for us. So it's gonna a great spectacle and both teams really going for it. Because I believe if we set up differently. I.e more defensively without a attacking outlet so to speak you'll do us. So we have to play our normal game

Still think we'll win but until we score I'll be my usual bag of nerves

We should call you all bitterbees. some of the crap about our cynical play on your forums is childish. its a mans game you know, you dont win points for being sporting and looking pretty.