oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford (H) Play off S/F 2nd leg 3-0 (5-1 agg)

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent atmosphere from your lot last night, thought our support was top class too. No complaints about the result and don't think any of our fans would dispute it.

We can't complain at the season we've had, there are some frustrations and some feel we've wasted a chance at promotion with lack of strengthening in January but won't go into that as I couldn't care less about the other team if we'd been the ones who'd just got to Wembley. Hope you win the final, not least because our record against you is 4 defeats out of 4 now and we could do without playing you next season.

Excellent atmosphere from your lot last night, thought our support was top class too. No complaints about the result and don't think any of our fans would dispute it.

We can't complain at the season we've had, there are some frustrations and some feel we've wasted a chance at promotion with lack of strengthening in January but won't go into that as I couldn't care less about the other team if we'd been the ones who'd just got to Wembley. Hope you win the final, not least because our record against you is 4 defeats out of 4 now and we could do without playing you next season.

Welcome to the forum, and well done on the season, and genuinely hope you go on to push again next season. I think your club has done very well this season, and it's great to see someone like yourselves in the mix. Much rather you than some of the badly run clubs in the league!

I still think it affected you with the announcement of the manager going at the end of the season. Seemed an odd thing to do. And seems odd to get rid of him in the first place with the job he's done. Hope whoever replaces him picks up where he left off.

Thanks for the welcome and wishes! We've had a great season, finishing in the Play Offs and beating Fulham twice, including 4-1 at their place, as well as a number of other top days home and away mean this is the least disappointed I've ever been after losing in the Play Offs. Looking forward to playing QPR next season too and hopefully 6 points off them as well as Fulham, talking of badly run clubs they're right down there a***st the worst.

News of Warburton going was never meant to be public but it was leaked, affected us for a time but the team have done incredibly well to recover from it and still get Play Offs. It's a shame he won't stay, it's more that than us getting rid of him, he was offered the chance to stay but wouldn't work under the structure the owner wants. He's done a great job but the games against you show some of his flaws, he's not really got an alternative to one way of playing, which we clearly needed given how effective you are and have been against us. Also he's a bit too loyal to our players some might say, refusing to strengthen in January because he didn't want to upset the squad despite the owner being willing to back him doing so. He's still done a great job and given me as a 28 year old the best times I've ever experienced at Brentford.

Good luck to you going into the final. Do hope you win it for more than just your 100% record against us, your support was excellent last night and very positive towards us too. Wonder if you'd rather Sunderland or Newcastle down or keep them up there to play them, though I suppose you'll want to save deciding on that until after the final. Will be a tough game but with the players and confidence you now have combined with the support you'll have at Wembley, looking good for you.

Thanks for the welcome and wishes! We've had a great season, finishing in the Play Offs and beating Fulham twice, including 4-1 at their place, as well as a number of other top days home and away mean this is the least disappointed I've ever been after losing in the Play Offs. Looking forward to playing QPR next season too and hopefully 6 points off them as well as Fulham, talking of badly run clubs they're right down there a***st the worst.

News of Warburton going was never meant to be public but it was leaked, affected us for a time but the team have done incredibly well to recover from it and still get Play Offs. It's a shame he won't stay, it's more that than us getting rid of him, he was offered the chance to stay but wouldn't work under the structure the owner wants. He's done a great job but the games against you show some of his flaws, he's not really got an alternative to one way of playing, which we clearly needed given how effective you are and have been against us. Also he's a bit too loyal to our players some might say, refusing to strengthen in January because he didn't want to upset the squad despite the owner being willing to back him doing so. He's still done a great job and given me as a 28 year old the best times I've ever experienced at Brentford.

Good luck to you going into the final. Do hope you win it for more than just your 100% record against us, your support was excellent last night and very positive towards us too. Wonder if you'd rather Sunderland or Newcastle down or keep them up there to play them, though I suppose you'll want to save deciding on that until after the final. Will be a tough game but with the players and confidence you now have combined with the support you'll have at Wembley, looking good for you.

In theory, I'd rather all the North East teams be up there and doing well. But I can't wish Newcastle even that with the way they're being run under Ashley with the shoddy treatment of the fans on an ongoing basis. Feel for the fans, and the club in the larger, historic sense, but not for in its current incarnation. If a relegation would help lever out Ashley, I think that would be a good thing.

Brentford fan here. Just wanted to say congrats on last night. You did a great job on us; completely outclassed; and tactically worked your game plan to perfection. Not heard one Brentford fan who disagrees. We have had a great season but come up short against a team that were just in simple terms better than us.

What I really wanted to say is that what a bloody awesome atmosphere it was last night. It was without a doubt one of the best atmosphere I have ever been to and trust me I have been to games all over the world.

Good luck in the final.

Brentford fan here. Just wanted to say congrats on last night. You did a great job on us; completely outclassed; and tactically worked your game plan to perfection. Not heard one Brentford fan who disagrees. We have had a great season but come up short against a team that were just in simple terms better than us.

What I really wanted to say is that what a bloody awesome atmosphere it was last night. It was without a doubt one of the best atmosphere I have ever been to and trust me I have been to games all over the world.

Good luck in the final.

Thanks sunny bee. Kind words. I think Brentford have a decent set of fans and wish you well next season.

Good luck in the final.

Atmosphere at your ground was fantastic it just shows what you can do with 12,000 in a proper old fashioned ground hopefully your new fifa 15 buying system works. But id be worried about the class of manager that would put up with it. But heh if it does work there will be clubs all over the country clamering to adopt it

Brentford fan here. Just wanted to say congrats on last night. You did a great job on us; completely outclassed;  and tactically worked your game plan to perfection. Not heard one Brentford fan who disagrees. We have had a great season but come up short against a team that were just in simple terms better than us.

Good luck in the final.

Atmosphere at your ground was fantastic  it just shows what you can do with 12,000 in a proper old fashioned ground  hopefully your new fifa 15 buying system works. But id be worried about the class of manager that would put up with it.  But heh if it does work there will be clubs all over the country clamering to adopt it

The consolation of not getting promoted is that we stay at Griffin Park next year, rather than ground sharing in the Premiership until our new ground is built. Also the QPR and Fulham west london rivalry next year. 

Most fans are a excited but at the same time apprehensive how the new system will work. Already today got our new Director of Football in place and I will be surprised if our head coach is not announced sometime in the next week. All I will say is that Warbuton walked out, he wasn't sacked or pushed - he just didn't buy into the new system of him not having the final veto of the signings. All I will say is that I am glad we have got a Brentford supporter in Matthew Benham at our helm. Matthew after all was the guy that promoted Warburton as manager. 

I say again - what a superb atmosphere last night, still buzzing from it despite our result. How on earth did you guys however lose to Fulham?

Brentford fan here. Just wanted to say congrats on last night. You did a great job on us; completely outclassed;  and tactically worked your game plan to perfection. Not heard one Brentford fan who disagrees. We have had a great season but come up short against a team that were just in simple terms better than us.

Good luck in the final.

Atmosphere at your ground was fantastic  it just shows what you can do with 12,000 in a proper old fashioned ground  hopefully your new fifa 15 buying system works. But id be worried about the class of manager that would put up with it.  But heh if it does work there will be clubs all over the country clamering to adopt it

The consolation of not getting promoted is that we stay at Griffin Park next year, rather than ground sharing in the Premiership until our new ground is built. Also the QPR and Fulham west london rivalry next year. 

Most fans are a excited but at the same time apprehensive how the new system will work. Already today got our new Director of Football in place and I will be surprised if our head coach is not announced sometime in the next week. All I will say is that Warbuton walked out, he wasn't sacked or pushed - he just didn't buy into the new system of him not having the final veto of the signings. All I will say is that I am glad we have got a Brentford supporter in Matthew Benham at our helm. Matthew after all was the guy that promoted Warburton as manager. 

I say again - what a superb atmosphere last night, still buzzing from it despite our result. How on earth did you guys however lose to Fulham?

We didn't turn up for 45 minutes, might as well have put training dummies in a boro kit that's how effective we were.

Tomlin playing on LW has made such a huge difference to our end product and finding spaces in dangerous areas. When Tomlin drifts in from the LW he's so hard for teams to pick up as there's already to central players(#10 and striker) for the opposition to pick up, especially when Adomah has the ball out wide spreading play out. Compared with how we have played for most of the season, with Reach or Adomah on the LW, we look by far more dangerous now, and Karanka must wish that he started playing Tomlin there earlier in the season as we would surely have picked up far more points. It's a similar kind of role that Matt Ritchie plays so brilliantly for Bournemouth. If we're in the Championship next season I'm sure he will most likely keep him there, well, unless we sign someone specifically for LW that is a better quality fit to that role.

It's great to hear Brentford fans and players from both sides mentioning how good the atmosphere was. That sort of atmosphere felt impossible looking back to dreary games in recent seasons under Strachan and Mowbray, like the midweek game against Peterborough two seasons ago, in front of 10,000 fans bored and cold fans, the official attendance was about 13,000 or so as a guess, but in reality, there was far less than that. The progress we've made under Karanka is very promising for the future.

is this week going to drag?... Do we just sit back and relax knowing we are one win from promotion?... Are the nerves already kicking in and you want the final to start asap?... Just how are you going to approach this week?.

I'm going to try and take my mind off the game until Saturday when the football league playoff finals start, I'm going to watch all the playoff final games and enjoy them... Its going to be tough to take my mind of Boro all week though.

I've got a busy week so I won't be thinking about it much until next weekend. The fact that it's on the bank holiday Monday may make it drag though I reckon!