oneBoro Forum

Network rail strike CALLED OFF - Extra trains added to / from Darlington

I'm just jealous, being freelance I have to provide my own everything, pension, sick pay, no paid holidays, and just try and arrive in the office at 9 and leave at 17:30 with 2x15 minute and 1x30 minute breaks a day for a week. You won't get asked back!

Hopefully the nurses get what they need and don't strike. They put up with truly awful stuff too.

Up the Brough!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Made the decision to drive - not as bad as me - only coming from an hour and a half away - feel for the guys who were looking for the train to get them down and back!

I understand people wanting to strike about pay/pension - but lets try to keep the politics out of the forum - people tend to have very varied opinions about striking and I don't want what has so far been a pleasant conversation about it descending into a bad one!

@JonathonTaylor1: BREAKING: Virgin Trains have cancelled ALL trains next Monday and Tuesday - http://t.co/J8TU9F1cbH http://t.co/y6jFGKQDwg

That is Virgin Trains on the west coast, East coast is as follows

We will be running trains until the early afternoon, with the exception of services in Scotland beyond Edinburgh, where there will be no Virgin Trains East Coast services to and from Aberdeen, Glasgow and Inverness.

Monday 25 May 2015

A limited number of trains will run on our London – Leeds and London - York – Newcastle routes only.

First train northbound

London Kings Cross - Newcastle – 07.30

London Kings Cross – Leeds – 07.35

York – Newcastle – 07.37

Doncaster – Newcastle – 08.11

First train southbound        

Newcastle – London Kings Cross – 07.29

York – London Kings Cross – 07.37

Newark – London Kings Cross – 07.37 (Grantham – 07.50)

Leeds to London Kings Cross – 07.40

Peterborough - London Kings Cross – 07.41

Doncaster – London Kings Cross – 07.46

Last train northbound

• London Kings Cross – Edinburgh -11.30
  • London Kings Cross – Newcastle -14.00
  • London Kings Cross – York -14.30
  • London Kings Cross – Leeds – 14.35
  • London Kings Cross – Peterborough – 16.33

Last train southbound

• Edinburgh - London Kings Cross – 13.30
  • Edinburgh - York – 14.30
  • Newcastle - London Kings Cross – 15.00
  • Leeds - London Kings Cross – 16.15

Tuesday 26 May 2015

A limited number of trains will run on our London – Leeds and London - York – Newcastle routes only.

First train northbound

• London Kings Cross - Newcastle – 07.30
  • London Kings Cross – Leeds – 07.35
  • York – Newcastle – 07.37
  • Doncaster – Newcastle – 08.11

First train southbound        

• Newcastle – London Kings Cross – 07.29
  • York – London Kings Cross – 07.37
  • Newark – London Kings Cross – 07.37 (Grantham – 07.50)
  • Leeds to London Kings Cross – 07.40
  • Peterborough - London Kings Cross – 07.41
  • Doncaster – London Kings Cross – 07.46

A full time table will be available on Saturday talks will continue through the weekend if needed 

Grand Central update

The following services will run from Sunderland on Monday 25th

0645 Sunderland – London Kings Cross

0842 Sunderland – London Kings Cross

The following services are expected to be cancelled

1228 Sunderland - London Kings Cross                      

1518 Sunderland - London Kings Cross                      

1731 Sunderland - London Kings Cross                      

1650 London Kings Cross - Sunderland

1918 London Kings Cross - Sunderland

No Grand central trains will run on Tuesday 26th

If anyone is interested you can currently book an overnight coach from Middlesbrough to Golders Green for about 40 quid via National Express.

The only catch is that it will get you there for 5am, so you gotta mill around for a few hours until the pubs open. From Golders Green you can immediately take the 83 and it will get you right outside the stadium.

You will avoid nearly all the bank holiday traffic and any nonsense incurred by rail and tube strikes. Plus you don't have to deal with getting lost around central London. If you get off at Wembley Park tube station from the bus, there is a 24 hour McDonalds with wifi.

Also London Hack no2.

If you are driving down from the north. park at the Tescos in Brent Cross, which is straight off the M1. Its free of charge and the ***s never check.

If you then head towards the shopping centre over the river there is a bus station. Bus 182 - will get you to Wembley Stadium.

For anyone planning on driving from the West or down the M4. One thing I was told yesterday is to maybe park my car at Hillingdon in Uxbridge and get the tube from there to Wembley Park. Apparently it can be a bit of a nightmare getting in and out Wembley if driving.

For anyone planning on driving from the West or down the M4. One thing I was told yesterday is to maybe park my car at Hillingdon in Uxbridge and get the tube from there to Wembley Park. Apparently it can be a bit of a nightmare getting in and out Wembley if driving.

Thats what I was planning. Was going to park in Hammersmith straight off the M4 and tube it in.

Not to worry now. Booked my return National Express coach ticket last night from Plymouth to Victoria. Now cant get the bloody Divine Comedy out my head...

Thats what I was planning. Was going to park in Hammersmith straight off the M4 and tube it in.

Not to worry now. Booked my return National Express coach ticket last night from Plymouth to Victoria. Now cant get the bloody Divine Comedy out my head...

Only been to wembley once and parked right at the stadium for an Eng friendly. Getting out was brilliant, all the official car parks were in a funnel system and it was quicker than the dockside road on a saturday against Wigan!!

Or am i just deluded as i have already paid the £30 to park and trying to convince myself??

Only been to wembley once and parked right at the stadium for an Eng friendly. Getting out was brilliant, all the official car parks were in a funnel system and it was quicker than the dockside road on a saturday against Wigan!!

Or am i just deluded as i have already paid the £30 to park and trying to convince myself??

I have paid £25 to park in a multistorey right by the stadium before. I didn't prebook and it wasn't very busy at all. Traffic kept moving as half the fans leave 40 minutes before the other half!

Also London Hack no2.

If you are driving down from the north. park at the Tescos in Brent Cross, which is straight off the M1. Its free of charge and the *** never check.

If you then head towards the shopping centre over the river there is a bus station. Bus 182 - will get you to Wembley Stadium.

The other end of the 182 route is Harrow where there is also supermarket parking. Its a 20min bus journey to Wembley, or an hours hike.

Chalfont and latimer underground has parking too and also goes straight to Wembley Park if you are coming down the M40. Only £2 parking for the day according to the website.

I'm getting the 0924 train from Weston super mare and get into Paddington at 1226hrs if anyone will be going that way.

No idea how I'm getting back but will cross that bridge later