oneBoro Forum

Boro v Norwich (Wembley) Play Off Final 0-2

What's wrong with playing in the championship?? I'm sick of all this premier league is the only league nonsense, I've had a cracking time this season, the best for years, the grass isn't always greener.

With you there Billy!

Okay, we've missed out on the "glamour" matches against the big guns, but lets face it, it would have been a season of survival / consolidation and there wouldn't have been a huge amount to cheer about.

Obviously I still want Boro to get there, but next season we should be looking to emulate Bournemouth and Watford...which in the short term would be a hell of a lot more exciting than grinding our way to 38 points or so in the PL.

Of course, the PL has to be the ultimate target, but another season in the Championship isn't the end of the world. We've had some bloody good games this season...we just need to ensure we have a couple extra next season. We should be that bit better prepared too.

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I am optimistic for our chances next season we can't get ahead of ourselves and think we are nailed on to improve our position. Just look at last year's unsuccessful playoff teams. Wigan - relegated to league 1. Brighton - nearly relegated to L1. Derby... cough. I wonder whether these teams' fans were saying the same as we are this time last year? (Well - in the case of Derby they were going to win the league by November weren't they ;) )

Some of our departing players are clearly going to be hard to replace but we have to bring in new blood of the same quality or better to have a chance. A lot of hard work to do I reckon.

yeh, Leeds got beat in the playoff final and got relegated the following season, it all depends who we hold on to and whether our loan signings will be as good as this seasons

As a dorset exile, the upside for me next season will be the ablility to get tickets for bristol, reading, qpr, fulham etc whereas I would have had no chance of tickets for chelsea, *** etc. I hear that drakula stream has had it's plug pulled so I will be limited to Boro+ when we get promoted.

Haven't commented since the game... I'm still absolutely gutted by this. We looked nervous from the first whistle & didn't do ourselves justice on the day - we were outplayed in every department. Next season I'm expecting to not have Bamford / Vossen and that Friend / Gibson will have serious interest... in short I can't see a situation in which we have as good a side as we have this season. A huge opportunity missed.

Anthony Vickers said in his article today that Boro and Norwich agreed before the game that the LOSER would take all of the gate receipts from Wembley. That should be a nice boost to our budget for the summer.

Anthony Vickers said in his article today that Boro and Norwich agreed before the game that the winner would take all of the gate receipts from Wembley. That should be a nice boost to our budget for the summer.

Do you mean loser?

Anthony Vickers said in his article today that Boro and Norwich agreed before the game that the winner would take all of the gate receipts from Wembley. That should be a nice boost to our budget for the summer.

Do you mean loser?

Runner up. Loser is too negative ;)

haha was just about to edit it to that too!

Do you mean loser?

Runner up. Loser is too negative ;)

haha was just about to edit it to that too!

Think the PC definition is "Partial Achievers" :)