• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that a tour of an empty sterile wembley is no preparation for a place packed with partisan nutters. They would be better off going for a pre-match meal in wetherspoons! And why is it that no team chooses to play in brown shorts? Ideal for a first game at wembley.

I think its a great idea visiting the stadium first. You can do all the amazed looks thing and get it out of the way then on the day you know where your going what your doing and you can concentrate on the game

I agree that a tour of an empty sterile wembley is no preparation for a place packed with partisan nutters. They would be better off going for a pre-match meal in wetherspoons! And why is it that no team chooses to play in brown shorts? Ideal for a first game at wembley.

I think its a great idea visiting the stadium first. You can do all the amazed looks thing and get it out of the way then on the day you know where your going what your doing and you can concentrate on the game

I can understand the thinking Rich but personally just think (and hope) it might backfire.  Norwich are not tourists checking out the 'big time'.  As a squad they need to believe they truly belong there so they can't be impressed at the high end spec of the place and 90k seats.  It's about what happens on that pitch that matters so it would have made much more sense to me if they requested to train on the pitch or something.  An empty stadium on a one off visit will be nothing like what they walk out to on Monday anyway so will it really settle any nerves?

Does anyone have an idea what time the official coaches will arrive at Wembley and how many stop offs at service stations are average for trips to London?.

I heard an interview on Radio Tees with an ex manager on Friday, I can't remember who it was, but they said going into the first leg of a playoff match the worst thing they did at the time was show up early at the stadium because during the long wait, the anticipation, build up and the pressure of the occasion really got to the players and as a result they lost the game. Second leg, they turned up 40 mins before KO and strolled it. So if Norwich wanna turn up early that's fine by me!

Does anyone have an idea what time the official coaches will arrive at Wembley and how many stop offs at service stations are average for trips to London?.

They're leaving the Riverside at 6ish and it's around 4-5 hours to London depending on traffic.  There'll definitely be at least one stop (probs at Leicester Forest) and that should be for around 45mins - 1 hour, so rough estimate I'd say we'd get there around about 12 (ish)

They're leaving the Riverside at 6ish and it's around 4-5 hours to London depending on traffic.  There'll definitely be at least one stop (probs at Leicester Forest) and that should be for around 45mins - 1 hour, so rough estimate I'd say we'd get there around about 12 (ish)

Ok thanks. I was fearing that it was going to be much longer.

Not bad then. Gives us a chance to mooch around Wembley Park before the match. What time is everyone going to the Riverside Stadium for? Someone mentioned on fmttm that they're on coach 79 so Riverside will be bloody rammed

Not bad then. Gives us a chance to mooch around Wembley Park before the match. What time is everyone going to the Riverside Stadium for? Someone mentioned on fmttm that they're on coach 79 so Riverside will be bloody rammed

I think we'll be edging on the really safe side and getting there around 5.30.  If nothing else the cold air will wake me up properly.

I think we'll be edging on the really safe side and getting there around 5.30.  If nothing else the cold air will wake me up properly.

Aye, you can't beat the cold breeze coming off River Tees :D

Hello, another City fan here (as you can tell by the username), just registering to have a bit of friendly pre-match chat with the oppo ('banter' is for the morons and easily pleased) in the run up to the big day.

I've spent this evening reading the efforts of UweFuchsHe and others to engage with our embarrassing collection of embittered f*cktards on the Pink 'Un to little to no success. Uwe' disparaged other Boro forums but recommended this one, hence I find myself here.

I have the same disdain for the Pink 'Un and our other major (independent) outlet, the Wrath, can be a bit blow hot, blow cold for quality. PU for the idiots, WotB for the sarcastic.

I had to dig up some old notes to remind myself just what my username was on the PU and found I have posted just 38 times on there since 2005 (and that's mostly in the sub-forum for local league players & clubs hunting for new clubs & players).

The Wrath on the other hand, I've posted tons on in over something like 15 years but have not returned to since the dark days of the doomed end of last season, such was the infighting ruining things for me. It's probably good on there again right now and I might find myself returning, but for now I'm all yours!

I'd made do with occasional dabbles with the ill-informed on our club's Facebook page since then but that's rarely rewarding enough. I hope I'm now a***st the level-headed, open-minded, thoughtful and intelligent Boro fans...

Aaaaaaaanyway, my missus managed to bag our tickets for next week, so hopefully I'll be mingling good-naturedly with some of you before and after the match; it was fun doing this with Birmingham in Cardiff for our only other play-off experience, way back in 2002. :cool: